How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (12)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (11)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Kinnari P.
Kinnari P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no help

accident involved other party fault, and i gave driver detail and car rego of the other car, but PD said they can not help as i don't have other party's insurance company detail.
also they say 24/7 help but i could not lodge claim on weekend, and they said call back in 24 hours after online lodgement, no call back instead long time hold to make a call.

R. Pak
R. PakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nasty PD insurance - should not be trusted

I need help or advice from anyone who have experienced a similar issue as mine.

I switched to PD insurance just this year. They denied my claim without even looking at or reviewing the required documents I was writing up about my stolen car - which stated all relevant details and information that an insurance company should consider.

They use completely unlogical and difficult processing systems which disregard all their client's problems.

This is honestly the worst insurance company I have signed up with and I urge people to not sign up with this company because they leave you feeling infuriated and confused.
Does anyone have any advice or solutions in regard to my issue?

Other Car Insurance

Unable to access policy online, Unable to get someone on the phone

Unable to access policy details online to ensure my information was up to date. Been trying for a week.
Unable to get someone on the phone to get any help, risk losing insurance due to this.
Was happy with the policy that why I was renewing my policy

My Info C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this insurance company

We are with this company for the last 10 years and now we needed to make a claim and they treated me like a criminal for logging the claims. They demanded my 5 years driving history as well my partner 5 years driving history. I was the one involved in the accident. It has been a month since the accident and they are still accessing the claims.

It is better to pay a bit extra and go for a different company that treats you like a customer, not a criminal.
We are going to cancel our policy soon and go for a better one.

My Info C.

Cheaper than others, what a joke. I have already found a reputable company with cheaper prices than yours.
illegitimate claims, [Potentially Defamatory Claims Removed]? Shame on you.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks and all the best.

Matthew Bognar
Matthew BognarSydney, NSW

Premium double for no reason

I've had my car insured for 7 years with PD and have always found them to be great. I was set up for auto renewal and my annual policy this year was billed at $4,060 up from $1,960 last year. I phoned and they re-quoted over the phone at $3,300 and couldn't tell me why it went up so much. I cancelled on the spot and was able to set up a policy with another provider for $1300. I always through PD was good value but this renewal was a total joke!

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Ser
Ser

Beyond one star- considering taking further

Jenny P.
Jenny P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cancelled my policy today

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Receiver
ReceiverMelbourne

Pure Disaster it is

The one and only factor that qualifies an insurer is, what happens in the event of a claim. PD does not have a product to sell. You are better off self insured at least you will not be made to run around doing the job of the company you are paying to do it.

Other Car Insurance

PD stands for pure disaster

I have comprehensive insurance with these guys. Recently was taken out by a truck and driver of the truck taken full responsibility for the accident. PD decided that they will write the car off but hang on wont pay me out as i have had a suspension 5 years ago. Well PD is i come to your house and break your leg because your a moron is it your fault or mine. DO NOT insure your car, home or anything with these freaking morons.

setenay
setenaySydney, NSW

Will not renew our policy or reccomend to anyone.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Better off with no insurance than with PD

They will lie to you over the phone and give you misleading information. also will not place all notes in system. Don't care about you and will rip you off eye to eye. they take your money without authorisation. Instead they will increase the price thinking they are the only insurance company available. I can write more but it is time wasted already. Avoid Avoid Avoid this company should be investigated. 0% customer service 0% value 100% rip off

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, we would love to dive a little deeper to see what went wrong. Please email customerservice@pd.com.au with the details, attention your email to "The Sales and Service Manager"

christina s.
christina s.Perth, WA

Save yourself !!!!

MTMS
MTMSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible. Terrifying. Living nightmare.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Avoid avoid avoid!!

Avoid using this company. Yes it is cheap but the hassle you have to go through when an accident happen is not worth it. I have been with PD for the last 5 years. An accident happened few days ago and I was not at fault. Instead of helping me to contact the third party insurer to sort out repair, I was asked to do it myself which was not what I thought it would be. My understanding on the usual procedure is my insurer will assist to follow up with the third party insurer. When I asked for further clarification, the claim agent started to raise her voice and yelled at me. Customer service is non existence. I had to call the third party insurer myself to sort out the repair. Will change insurer after this experience.

Wild_IndigoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Withdrew money from my account for a second year of policy without authorisation!

I used PD for my insurance In 2019. This year I decided to go with a different insurer who I got a better quote from. Without warning PD withdrew $714 from my account to renew my policy with them- I did NOT purchase a new policy with them nor did I authorise payment after my initial one 12 months ago!

Wild_Indigo

I have never had this happen with any other insurer, and I have multiple insurance policies.

Giles B.
Giles B.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB
RKBasked
PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.
jack W.asked
PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage