How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Trying to help
Trying to helpSydney

On the fence

JoD
JoD

I’m only with them, because they’re cheap

I’ve been with Orogressive for 7 years, and have attempted to make 2 claims, both times it worked out cheaper for me to get it fixed my self as their excess is too high

Insurance claim madeNo
Other Car Insurance

Lisa
Lisa

Surprisingly OK

Restricted to their repairers, I think the estimate made on repairs was actually higher than if I had gone elsewhere, but never-the-less the repair was done to my HSV GTS bumper bar after I hit a bent windscreen which was dumped in the middle of the road. A little crappy that I had to pay excess even though it wasnt my fault that I didnt see it at night. We will be changing to another insurer because they have just enforced an obligatory reduction in the amount we are insured for (And refuse to insure it for replacement value) and coincidentally the premium has increased despite being insured for less (I have 3 cars insured with them and these reductions/increases apply to all 3).

Car Insurance

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Cookie
CookieSydney Australia

I had to do the running around to get anything done, you get what you pay for!

Policy value is good, though you do have to compromise on customer support and timely manner in getting them to do anything. I had to chase them for contacting a preferred repairer and the ones offered were at least a month before I could book the car in for repair, so I took matters into my hands and went to a repairer (not a preferred one) I knew who could take it in a few days and persisted with Progressive to get them to agreed to it, which they did in the end. If you want cheap insurance, be prepared to be your own advocate and do the leg work required to get anything done in a timely manner with Progressive.

Insufficient Customer Service Options

We were blown away by the saving in premiums for 3 cars. Two new and one secondhand. We provided an account for debit of premium payments and all went well initially. We have attempted logging in to our account to pay our premium, without success. Their site isn't available and we should try again later. We have been trying to gain access for days. We are waiting on a "help desk" reply. Fingers crossed and hopeful that this mob doesn't turn out to be money grabbing duds.

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

Great Value Low Cost Insurance

Giles B.
Giles B.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB
RKBasked
PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.
jack W.asked
PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage