How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Not Too Happy
Not Too HappySydney, NSW

What the point in paying a slightly lower price if you cant claim it without AFCA involved

Started as a bad experience, but finally resolved ok. Just had to be dragged through a lot of unpleasant for an easy other driver at fault incident. I have updated this from a negative to a positive review, but will still move my insurance (home and work) elsewhere.

James
JamesSydney, NSW

My experience was quite positive

Don’t really understand the bad reviews my experience was quite positive found them easy to deal with, claim process was easy and was resolved in just over a week. Considering the low cost and ease of setting up I’ve found them to be a good insurance company to deal with. The only negative would be that they were somewhat difficult to contact through phone they could definitely find room for improvement.

Anton
AntonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated review...

Had a bad experience with a not at fault incident but it was rectified in the end... appreciate the assistance of Edward Hock in resolving the issue...changed review from 1 star to 4 stars... thanks for listening Progressive!

Domo
DomoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Positive Claim Experience

Shannon
ShannonPerth, WA

Easy & great value

Have just renewed our policy with progressive for our 3rd year, and is still the best value car insurance I have been quoted. Both our family cars are insured with progressive, our 1st year we saved $700. Have made 1 claim during this time, was very quick, easy and prompt with the process.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Thomas W
Thomas WNorthern Region, NSW

Got my car fixed, though with a few caveats

Premiums were quite good, though after hitting a kangaroo, I was a bit annoyed about having to pay an inexperienced driver excess on top of my excess. The problem is that many drivers, no matter how experienced they are, can't avoid hitting these stupid animals. Their nearest repairer was about 3 hours from where I lived (they choose the repairer), though thankfully, they arranged to have it done at a local smash repairer, so hats off to them there.

Ted
TedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with the service but need better repair shop

reviewqueenfromnz
reviewqueenfromnzMelbourne

Easy and Painless

As a mother of 2 children under 3 when someone hit my car my first thought was oh no what am i going to do??
Progressive were fast at processing my claim and doing everything for me! The panel beater was in my home town and was very helpful!
The only problem i had is that the phones kept cutting out and i was on hold for a while, but thats with every call these days!
My combined insurance for my partner and is a lot cheaper then what i was paying elsewhere in fact we pay less for both of us then we were paying for my partners on his own! We save about $400 a year!
I set my policy up online so it was quick and easy and i could do it when i wanted!

galaxy
galaxyMelbourne

Quick turnaround on claims, be careful to read the PDS

Dresses &  jewellery
Dresses & jewellery

Quick turnaround & Helpful

Reasonable premium. Quick response to my claim. Friendly & easy to deal with. Chose my own repairer with no hassles at all. Very happy with the whole process and would recommend them.

Mr. Gold
Mr. GoldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smooth claim process

Singh
Singhperth

Good with Repairs and claims/ Expensive after 1st year

Had progressive from last 2 years and 1 claim with my new car. Policy was good 1st year as i was paying only around $50 a month. But after first year premium goes to $68 p/m. No explanation.
Repairs were fast and accurate but got expensive every year. So i switched.

dprass
dprassMelb.

Happy

I was very happy with the price when I joined, however I was worried after my wife had an accident how the online service would actually work. I lodged my claim and got a call back and they were friendly, unfortunately our car was written off. i thought maybe they could have repaired it, however I was told that it had too much damage, which we were sad about as we loved that car. Overall I was really satisfied due to the quick turn around time and would recommend them to those comfy enough to deal with them online.
Quick turnaround.

Broseph24
Broseph24Sydney, NSW

Cheap premiums, claim was stress free! Recommended!

No Complaints

Progressive offer a very competive premium and they also offer a multi car policy which is fantastic, it saved me lots of time and form filling! I was looking to put both my cars under one policy which is common place in the UK and Progressive were one of the few insuracce companies to do this!
Easy to use on line application, very competitive
No issues so far

Giles B.
Giles B.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB
RKBasked
PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.
jack W.asked
PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage