How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Really

ReallySouth Australia

Claim experience

PD Insurance PD Insurance

Thank you for the feedback, were so glad the process was simple and straightforward!

Kind Regards

Great Experience!

The policy was good value. Cheaper than everyone else in the market for me. I also got a phone call from a lovey lady who was very informative and couldn't do enough to help me.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

G'day Rick, thanks for the great review, we are pleased you found our product right for you and our service to have added value.
Happy Motoring!

nerri

nerriSydney, NSW

So far so good

I had to make a claim this year after getting caught in a hailstorm. I claimed online, they called me the next day, had to send through photos then organised a time to be taken in for an estimate. Their repair centre was about an Hr away from me so a little bit annoying but was all quoted in about 15 minutes. I was ably to take my car to my preferred repairer who was able to get me in straight away. Had no issues whatsoever. I’ve just purchased a brand new car and they were cheapest by miles. Received a a call from a rep and also had the windscreen/window insurance added to my policy. Hopefully I won’t have to claim in the future but for my own protection I also have a dash cam installed

Insurance TypeComprehensive
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the continued support, we are pleased to hear we have been of good service to you.

Car Insurance

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Andy

AndySydney, NSW

Happy Customer and i have to write this review

PD insurance offers very competitive price vs all other insurers and by reading some comments here I decided to take a massive risk to go with them however my experience proves that here is no risk at all.
A truck hit back of my car and refused to provide his insurance details as there was no damage to the truck, i then asked PD insruance to help me and they did it with no excess from my side. All claim was done within one week and they paid cash into my account and i paid to the smash repairer by myself. Very good experience and I will keep recommending to others.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we are pleased we could help you in your time of need.

Greg Perry

Greg PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

My experience dealing with PD has been excellent.

PD's premiums have always been much lower than the competition, and I always compare at renewal time. But the real test of an insurance company is their performance when you need to make a claim. A few weeks ago I was tail-ended by an uninsured driver while waiting in traffic. The impact wrote off my car. I phoned PD from the crash scene and they organised a tow-truck immediately. My car was assessed, the claim paid out, and I was in a new car within two weeks. The consultants at PD were always polite and kept me informed at every stage. My experience with PD over the years has been excellent.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Tony

TonyHunter Region, NSW

My faith was restored!

I previously wrote a scathing review about my experience with progressive when i had to make a claim after being run off the road by a truck. Since then i had to make another claim after my wife ran up the back of a car in school drop off. Progressive were really good, hassle free claim process, the repairer they used was fantastic, job quoted, approved and repairs done all in 3 weeks. Such a turn around from my initial experience and first claim. Will definitely stay with this insurer now.

Great to deal with!!

Great price, no problem when I had to make a claim, got to choose repairer as they had none in my area, car fixed prmptly, easy to set up. Changed car to be insured with no hassles.

Fantastic Insurance

Two of our cars were damaged by hail 2016, progressive was very quick to have them assessed, claims went through strait away. One vehicle was written off which was paid ASAP and the other vehicle had $7000 repairs done as soon as the work shop could fit it in. It was fast, easy and hassle free.

Insurance claim madeYes

Perfect easy claim and quick response

Policy is much cheaper than the other market palyers.
Easy to set up with pretty standard questions

Had to make one claim last year where I was at fault driver, although there was no visible and no observable damage to my car, but as per their Policy regardless of my opinion, I had to get my car checked up to one of their partner mechanics.

Throughout the process they were very friendly, advised me the nearest mechanic shop to my home and even set up the appointment themselves.

I only had to drop my car for half day and one minor damage was repaired.

Last insurance was with Suncorp, nothing wrong with Suncorp as well, But progressive was a step ahead in my experience.

Car Insurance

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Bianca.C

Bianca.CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Progressive Car Insurance - so far so good!

Insurance claim madeYes

Truly amazed cannot recommend highly enough

sueinnarara

sueinnararaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Value for Money

The policy was easy to set up and we now have 2 cars on the one policy because it was good value. When we did have questions they were answered promptly and in full detail. I have not made a claim yet so cannot comment on that side of the business. My son is also with Progressive and is very happy too.

Insurance claim madeNo
Rohan Gunna

Rohan Gunnanewcastle

Positive Experience

Inadvertently hit my Ford Falcon again in 2016 May while reversing. Broke the side mirror and damaged the passenger side front door. I also caused damage to a second stationary vehicle and broke the tail lights. Progressive contacted me with in 24 hours and referred me to their authorised repairer. The repairs were authorised in 5 business days. I got everything repaired within a week. Progressive also settled the compensation to the other party. I am quite happy with the way my claim was handled and about the repairs. Thanks Progressive.

Couldnt be happier

I was involved in a accident a few weeks ago (totally my fault), lets just say I'll think twice before I try to change lanes next time

Giles B.

Giles B.asked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB

RKBasked

PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.

jack W.asked

PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage