Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread (page 2 of 9)

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Elegy
ElegyNorth Queensland, QLD

Love these pastes

Love these pastes - read other reviews and don’t quite understand negativity towards change from original formula - it’s different consistency and colour but still tastes good.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

NSW resident
NSW residentAlbury

Despicable recipe change

Oil floating on top, runny muck and burns your throat when you swallow. Won't buy again nor offer to my kids. A lifetime of yay turned to YUCK.

Purchased in September 2020 at IGA for $2.

Copperknob
CopperknobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dreadfull terrible colour and so runny.

This used to be a good standby for a quick sandwich, also used to be a pinkish colour, neither Salmon nor a Lobster are Grey!! I wont be buying this again ever, whatever have you done to it, was it going to be called Pate'.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $1.90.

Lorraine
LorraineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This product is ruined.

I dont even rate this product now. I used to love it, but the recipe has changed. It is 51% salmon and used to be 68%. I threw the last one I purchased out without even trying it. I thought it was off being so runny and the colour was more of a brown colour than the pinkish colour it had been. It is more of a liquid than a spread. Very sad they have ruined this product. I won't be buying it again until
the ingredients and quality are as they used to be.

Purchased in September 2020.

Food & Drink Products

Find out how Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread compares to other Food & Drink Products

Gary G.
Gary G.

Terrible and no longer Australian

They have changed the formula of most of their products and are now making their range IN FRANCE, not Australia. The Salmon and Lobster paste now for example, contains Codfish and very little Salmon. It also contains an incredible amount of PALM OIL, a very environmentaly unfriendly product. The taste is now appalling. Oily and sour. Their website says that they only use sustainable ingredients. Well PALM oil is not sustainable as vaste areas of rainforest are being cleared to grow it. It's very sad Pecks are doing this as I have loved the products for years. Now just about everything about the product is rubbish.

Virginia Harrison
Virginia HarrisonGoulburn Valley, VIC

Pecks Salmon and Lobsters Paste

I have been using Pecks Salmon and Lobster Paste since 1971 and before. What have you done it is terrible. It's runny, terrible taste, not even the same colour. I won't be buying the product anymore unless you change the recipe back to the way it was.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1.75.

Bev
BevSydney, NSW

France has wrecked a great product.

Awful. What have they done to it. I also bought Anchovette, my favourite, it was worse. Runny, actually sloppy. I could nearly pour it on go my toast. The taste was nearly the same which was one consolation. I will not buy again unless it improves. If I could have given the both of them no stars I would have.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Fishy
FishySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not What It Used To Be

I've purchased four bottles from different shops over the last few weeks and all have gone into the rubbish bin. It's all been liquid, oily mush and hardly spreadable. Certainly not the old "fish paste" of my youth. I initially thought the first bottle was "off", but the next three were just as bad. Maybe the manufacture in France has something to do with it.

Not the same
Not the sameIllawarra, NSW

Awful now

I have eaten anchovette paste since I was a kid nearly 70 years and loved it, the last few jars have been awful! Grey and very runny. What has happened.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1.80.

Robert
RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Oily rubbish

Same comments about the runny oily rubbish and dissapointment the same as everyone else that liked the original receipe and supplier. This product won't last long on the shelves as its crap and has been dropped on us loyal customers from a great height.

Purchased in August 2020.

Lynn-ann
Lynn-annSydney, NSW

UGH nasty

I bought a jar a few months ago and thought it was off. It looked an awful colour and was runny and oily. I couldn't eat it. I just opened another (newly purchased) jar a few days ago bought from a different store, and it was just as nasty. I'm quite sad about it as the Salmon and Lobster Paste was my favourite treat spread. I hope they fix the recipe. Just an interesting observation. I buy a certain cat food that and they recently changed the recipe (tuna/salmon etc) and it now has the same smell and consistency as that new Salmon and Lobster "paste". Both of them have a gritty texture too.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles Online for $2.50.

Wiseowl
WiseowlWestern District, VIC

Rubbish

Have enjoyed this paste for years ,when it was made in Australia. Now made in France its awful. Will not buy it again.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for $3.

Zedekiah S.
Zedekiah S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

I have eaten Pecks Salmon paste since I was a kid. I used to have Salmon and Shrimp, then when that line was deleted switched to Salmon and Lobster. The French made recipe is atrocious, I spat it out believing it was off. Made me feel sick to taste it. Will never purchase this watery gloop again.

Purchased in June 2020.

Ken W
Ken WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never Again

I experienced this slop masquerading as Pecks Anchovette about one year ago and immediately stopped buying it. I saw it on shelf at a Woolworths store last week and against my better judgement decided to give it another try. What a disgusting product it is, it is so bad i am surprised W/W are still selling it.
It does not look like it used to or taste like the product i grew up loving as a Breakfast spread, so oily you need a spoon not a knife to spread on your toast.
I will definitely not purchase this sloppy runny oily product ever again.
Product was purchased 18/08/20
Ken W

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.80.

Richard W.
Richard W.South East Queensland, QLD

Pecks Salmon and Lobster liquid?

Last 3 jars have been a pourable liquid consistency and not the usual speadable paste. My first thought was that it was off, although the lids hadn't popped. Leaves a poor quality after taste and I believe it may have been the cause of following day stomache cramps and bad flatulence. Sadly it has now been removed from our weekly shopping list

Purchased in August 2020.

Monique
MoniqueSoutheast, SA

New recipe is terrible in spreadable slop.

I cannot rate this low enough. This WAS my favourite spread on fresh bread for my entire life until now. I threw it out thinking it was off. The new recipe is oily, gross, different colour, different taste and too runny. I’m not sure what you expect us to do with this unspreadable slop. I will not purchase again until the company comes to its senses and returns to the original recipe. This is not the same product.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths.

Fish flavoured oil.

I used to really like the salmon and lobster spread, but the last 2 jars have had too much oil added. I don't know if this is a faulty batch or whether it's intentional. If it's intentional, then it's a huge mistake and the person responsible should be replaced and the original recipe should be reinstated. If not, I fear that sales will be negatively affected.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Jan R.
Jan R.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Pecks Anchovette

Please can you explain way anchovette is now extremely runny and a different colour to what it used to be. Purchased a jar about one month ago and threw it straight out wouldn’t stay on the knife and unspreadable. Bought another one 10/08/20 not as watery but still seems to be something not right. Please go back to the real thing. Regards Jan Ingold

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $4.

Gone to crap

I used to love pecks fish paste.
Now it is simply awful. Just a watery, runny mess. Won't touch it now.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $3.50.

Revolting!

My complaint is the same as everyone else's here. What have they done to it. Certainly won't be buying it anymore!

Patricia
PatriciaVictoria

Fish paste

It is a runny mess so disappointed the ham paste is ok the fish is full of oil

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths.

Margie B
Margie BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outsourcing our Australian products?

Want the original paste back. This new version is totally unacceptable and spoils the canapes recipe.
Why is Woolworths outsourcing tinned and packet food and clothing to overseas companies?

Purchased at Stegbar VIC, Rowville for $3.

Sharon R.
Sharon R.Central, SA

Recipe changed

Peck’s Salmon and Lobster Spread is something I’ve eaten for as long as I can remember.....until they started making it in France. It is absolutely disgusting and I don’t understand why they would change the recipe or what can be done to get it changed back!!!!! Recently we were camping in the Flinders Ranges and found some which showed the Made in Australia label and I savoured every gram of it! The new version, apart from being disgusting, is oily and runny and won’t even stay on my toast. I wonder if there’ll be any action/notice taken of these reviews.

Purchased in June 2020 at Drakes.

Vile inedible muck, runny, oily & putrid.

As the title says. I had some Salmon & Lobster paste delivered two months ago. It’s clearly stated on the bottom of the jar to store in a cool dry place & refrigerate after opening. I stored in in a cool, dark cupboard. It’s not a paste at all. It’s runny, oily & smells putrid. I took it back to the purchase store for a refund which was given then I checked their stock of other varieties. The Salmon/Lobster & the Anchovette jars were all runny but the Devilled Ham seemed OK.
I now recall buying some at ALDI several years ago & it was also runny but without the oil & foul smell.
It’s possible the ham version stocked in Woolworths is OK but I’m not prepared to take the chance.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $2.40.

Andy
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could rate this as No stars I would....

Not one to cling to my childhood memories but the recipe change to this product is appalling. Why alter something that has been tried and tested for more than fifty years. Won't be buying anymore after I throw this one in the bin.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $4.