Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread (page 4 of 9)

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Little jar of sloppy runny muck.

Used to buy Packs Paste as a treat to have on toast but not anymore! Opened up the jar to find this runny slop inside. Poured it onto the toast and had a nibble. Bloody awful. Put it into the fridge to try to get it go set but no luck. Why would they change such a successful product recipe? Won't be buying this muck again! I'll see if I can find my own recipe and have crack.

Donna
DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Salmon and lobster pecks paste

Garth D.
Garth D.

Iv been eating anchovette for fifty years but they have changed it ..its like water won't be eating it anymore

Why to companies choice to change there product after years off sucess

Marilyn
MarilynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Paste

I usually only buy the small jar of Salmon & Lobster, but yesterday (30th May 2020) I found that there is a larger jar, so bought it, tried it & found it to be very oily, so I will hopefully (if I can find a small jar) only be buying the small jar as it is much nicer, or has the recipe been changed, if so I recommend going back to the old recipe

Food & Drink Products

Find out how Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread compares to other Food & Drink Products

vlad
vladSydney, NSW

Disgusted

Bought it after not having for a while and was runny, thought bad batch maybe, bought another same runny crap. I'm furious, you scum!!

Gwen McEvoy
Gwen McEvoyIllawarra, NSW

Pecks Salmon and Lobster Spread made in France

I bought it at Woolworths on Saturday 23 May 2020 and opened the bottle the next day and put it on the toast and it was just a runny mess that didn't even stay on the toast. Put it in the fridge to see if it would turn into a paste as the product is advertised as a paste. Rang Woolworths and was advised to contact the Distributor in Australia, left a message and no one has responded. I don't even know if it s safe to eat.

Sieby
SiebyDarling Downs, QLD

Pecks Anchovite

This Product has been my favourite spread for as long as I can remember. The latest batch purchased from Woolworths in Australia is disgusting and nothing like it used to be. What happened to our Australian Recipe. The new batch is now made in France and is just sloppy cat food.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Kerry W.
Kerry W.Sydney, NSW

What happened to this product?

I used to love this product. I have noticed that the smaller jars are better and are a different colour even but the the larger jars are inedible they are a revolting brown colour which is gritty like sand.

Denice D.
Denice D.Tasmania

Gave me diarrhea

I was craving this childhood treat/ icon and hubby grabbed me some on Sunday. Had it on toast and didn't recognise the taste. Been ages since I have Had it, several years. I became crampy about 2 hours later and for the rest of the day, that day. Finally got hold of gastro stop and that helped with the runs, however 2 days later I am still wasted and off colour. Taking it back to Woolies for a refund. What on earth have Pecks done to this all time favourite product?? We want to promote buy Australian made and you have Let us down badly!! Never buying again and I warn others off it too.

Food & Drink Products

Pecks salmon and lobster paste

I don't know what they have done to it but it tastes absolutely terrible! What a waste of money Never buy it again Very disappointed

Paul Gabler
Paul GablerSydney, NSW

Ruined reputation

I rang the manufacturer and complained that the paste had turned to slop and the woman just laughed! She said they had outsourced the manufacturing and that I should wait till the colours changed and try the product again. I did this and it was ok for a few months but now it’s returned to this foul smelling semi liquid. There is one product sold by Woolworths, made in South Africa which is passable. Someone in England has to take some action as their product and reputation is being trashed here in Australia.

Tom and Nancy
Tom and NancySouth East Queensland, QLD

Foul smelling pig swill.

I have been buying Pecks Anchovette Paste for over forty years. I hope the recent change to the recipe is an aberration otherwise it is Marmalede on my toast for breakfast. Talk about disappointed !!

Trevor
TrevorSydney, NSW

My favourite Spread has been ruined

What used to be one of my favourite spreads is now SLOP! :-(
It used to be made in Australia, but I notice its now imported from France.
I was going to toss out, but luckily the dogs ate it :-)
No accounting for their taste!

Debbie
Debbie

If I could give it no stars I would

Have bought this product for many years. It will no longer be on my shopping list. It's sloppy, smells and tastes very 'fishy' and is very dark in colour. Could not eat it, had to bin it.

Trish
TrishPerth, WA

Vile spread

Disappointed, disgusting jar of slime. Someone please explain?? Just horrible

fitzy
fitzy

this is terrible dont buy it

it is sloppy not like it used to be. horrible.i wanted to tell the manager

Darryl S.
Darryl S.Illawarra, NSW

It has turned to crap.

I bought some 2 weeks ago and found my once favourite spread to be disgusting, and worse still, on closer examination of the jar, found it was made in France. I will never buy this rubbish again. I also found a few recipes and they're good! I'll be making my own from now on, goodbye pecks!

Maurice H.
Maurice H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Sickening!

About the 3rd time ive bought a sub standard salon and lobster spread from Pecks, was wet, stank, looked disgusting! Was not game to eat it! Wouldnt feed it to my cat it looked so bad, how the hell can they get something so wrong!??

fred
fredFar North Queensland, QLD

This stuff is CRAP

Its not even made in australia, it is a waste of money, do not buy unless you like runny stuff which looks like poo

Bushed
BushedCentral West, NSW

Absolute Slop

What once was a treat to look forward to it's now absolute thin oily garbage . I made a complaint to the company responsible for this new spread and advised them to check out this website , they compensated me with a $15 Woolworths Voucher

Steve P.
Steve P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

worse than cheap cat food

Absolutely disgusting slop. that actually you can pour out of the jar , inedible mess and used to be a staple breakfast on toast in the mornings

Bendigo Rocks
Bendigo RocksCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Peck's!!! What have you done?

What happened to the spread?
It once had body, it once danced on the tongue. It once tickled the taste buds.

Now it entices something akin to a gag reflex. Now it is thin and oily and thoroughly un-enjoyable.

Thankfully the original "Pecks Paste" is still good, but the Salmon and Lobster Spread is NOT one that can remain on my list.

Please fix it Mr Pecks, it used to be great!

One Star and that was only for the nice label.

Therese K
Therese KNorthern Region, NSW

No longer a favourite

The recipe has changed, it is now watery/oily and unpalatable. I actually threw the first bottle out thinking it was off. The second bottle was no better, so gave it one more shot, it was the same. This has been a favourite of ours for many, many years, now I will no longer purchase it. Unhappy

Jill Brown
Jill BrownSydney, NSW

Disgusting salmon and lobster paste

Have loved this paste for many years. The last two I bought I put straight in the bin. Bought another two a month later, same story. What has happened to the consistency? It is now a brown colour, very runny, oily and tastes horrible. I will not buy this again.

tiggy 1953
tiggy 1953whyalla

bad quality

I bought some pecks salmon and lobster paste recently I was shocked at how runny it is now to how it used to be not pleasant at all neither is the anchovette flavor