Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Donna Ritchie
Donna RitchieSouth East Queensland, QLD

What happened to it?

Used to love this. Had a larger jar a year or so ago. Sloppy a d awful. Tried it again this week in a smaller jar. Still the same. Slop. Never again. Just horrible. So sad it's left us. The company will go bust.....

Purchased in December 2021 at Woolworths for $3.

bbwildered
bbwildered

One star too many.

Purchased in November 2021.

Stuart B.
Stuart B.Sydney, NSW

Pecks paste

I bought 2 jars of the Anchovette paste and it is very watery has no taste, I noticed it is now made in France and I had a older jar in the pantry and it was made in Australia and wasn't watery and actually tastes better, won't be buying it again

Purchased in September 2021 at Coles for $1.90.

Kate
Kate

What happened??

So terrible I thought I purchased a bad batch. Bought another one. Same revolting mess inside! Oily, runny and stinks. oh, and it's GREY. They changed the anchovette recipe too, idots - no one will buy this product anymore.

Purchased in March 2021.

Food & Drink Products

Find out how Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread compares to other Food & Drink Products

Mòose
MòoseVictoria

Its gone from a paste to runny goop.

What havè they done to it? I have thrown out 2 jars thinking it was off, had been useing it for years, is now a pouring consistency yuk, wont be buying again.

Purchased in April 2021.

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting

Have been buying Pecks Paste for 50 odd years, about six months ago purchased a couple of the small jars and opened and it looked awful and was of a pouring consistency , opened the second and was the same,tossed them both out thinking it was a bad batch!!!!
Foot note: I always refrigerate for a few days before I open !!
Purchased again a few weeks later and the exact same, tossed out again and didn’t want to ever buy Pecks again.
In Coles today and thought it must be fixed by now,NO still the sloppy smelly awful looking mixture,Yuk Yuk Yuk !!!
NEVER AGAIN Mr Pecks

Purchased in April 2021 for $1.30.

JanieBowral

What have you done Pecks?

I cannot believe this 'paste' has passed factory quality control. Did you think consumers wouldn't notice?
It's watery, smelly & just awful. I used to love this product & Anchovette but no more.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
THomas S
THomas SSydney

Agree with pecks bad review

I couldn’t work out if I had a bad batch then after a few months tried again still the same. Terrible oily, rancid smell and unpalatable. I can’t believe Woolworths still stock it. Surely their stock control must indicate it is not selling. Just look at how many people here think it has changed for the worse

Purchased in August 2020.

Mary T
Mary TGoulburn Valley, VIC

Sloppy Paste

I had a hankering for this paste after not purchasing it for a number of years and was I in for a shock when I I opened the jar today..... goodness me, oily and sloppy and looked a dreadful colour... Did I perhaps just buy from a bad batch????

Purchased in February 2021 for $1.20.

Barbara W.
Barbara W.South East Queensland, QLD

its changed for the worse

have bought and enjoyed for years its now sloppy and oily not the spread i have bought and enjoyed for years Makes sandwiches soggy and toast it drips through so not practical to make for school lunches please change back to the original recipe

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

BChan
BChanSydney, NSW

Awful

Disappointed with the product. Loved it for many years. Bought a bottle recently and it was awful. Runny and taste terrible! Threw the bottle out instantly after a teaspoonful. Never buying it again. The thought of it makes me gag!

Purchased in October 2020.

Courtney M.
Courtney M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Yucky

Tastes like food poisoning :)

Change the formula back to how it use to be! I used to love this paste and never got sick of having it. Now I can’t even finish the piece I’m eating it on.

DO BETTER.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

iean
ieanPhnom Penh

Gone downhill and unpalatable

The product available in Cambodia has separation of paste and oil and is completely different to the excellent product available to us for years past. The product is not time expired but it is sloppy and unattractive.

Purchased in December 2020 for $5.50.

the little master
the little masterCentral West, NSW

sloppy pecks paste

I remember your great products when I was young....always a great snack on sladas after school. Unfortunately the product has gone downhill, now when you spread it on a salada it's that sloppy it runs through the holes on the biscuit, making an unnecessary mess. Maybe the exta liquid in the spread isn't warrented.

Purchased in November 2020.

Rod
RodSydney, NSW

Peck's Salmon and lobster Spread

I purchased this product last Tuesday 3 November 2020 from a Woolworths store. Upon opening the jar there was this light greyish pink looking product with a liquid on the surface. It did not smell like the old Salmon and lobster paste, looked at the label and it is made in France. Tasted a small sample on the end of a knife, taste was off, seemed as though the sand was still in the lobster, had to spit it out. This is not the same product that I had at least 2 years ago, different colour, texture, smell and taste. I will no longer purchase any Pecks products made in France. The rating is one star, I could not get a quarter of the star.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.85.

Jddy
Jddyasked

Has General Mills , distributor of Pecks Paste ever responded?

Hi Jddy,
No feedback from anyone
Cheers

Janie

Nothing at all from them Jiddy. I bought a small jar of Anchovette the other day...same other than a slight taste of anchovy. Same colour as Salmon & Lobster, smells awful, tastes even worse & very sloppy even after regrigeration. I threw it out, can't be bothered to make the effort to write to a company that produces such crap & calls it fish paste. I bought mine at Coles so might let them know.
Cheers!

Moniqueasked

When will you go back to the original recipe? I’m still waiting. I hate the consistency of the new one. It’s unusable. When will you revert to the original and why did you change it?

Troy
Troy

I agree it's crap!!!!

Yes, total crap!!!

Janet D.asked

Bring back the original paste,not this crap you have been dishing up the last couple of years.

Terry Kinsella
Terry Kinsella

The ingredients stated awhile ago that it was 68% salmon - what bloody nonsense - more like 68% diaper contents !!

I agree with you,been eating pecks for 60 years people know the difference

Jules
Jules

Yes it’s terrible, watery, oily & when you open the lid it runs out and it stinks

See all Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread questions