Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

GeePee1
GeePee1Sydney, NSW

Very sloppy.

I came looking for a website to complain about the jar that I have just finished. Very disappointed with how watery and sloppy it was, I could nearly pour it out of the jar. Won't bother with this product again.

Purchased in August 2021.

Richard O.
Richard O.Sydney, NSW

Used to be pink in colour

Colour now brown very sloppy taste is not like it was when it was pink.
Will not buy again it has a after taste gritty texture and not what I remember.

Purchased in August 2021.

Fish flavoured oil.

I used to really like the salmon and lobster spread, but the last 2 jars have had too much oil added. I don't know if this is a faulty batch or whether it's intentional. If it's intentional, then it's a huge mistake and the person responsible should be replaced and the original recipe should be reinstated. If not, I fear that sales will be negatively affected.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad change

Last time I brought this product it was a past but this times it's like runny water. I brought a second jar to make sure it wasn't a one of but this one is also like runny water so I'll never buy another. What the hell happened. Regards Steve

Purchased in July 2020 at Drakes.

Food & Drink Products

Find out how Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread compares to other Food & Drink Products

Stu Wye
Stu WyeSydney, NSW

If it don't broke

Just a little bit goes such a long way. I am sure that was the jingle? I think you took yourself too literally. This new recipe? is more like water than a paste. What on God's earth have you done to this onetime legend of a spread. Soooo disappointing.
Please bring back the old recipe/consistency.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles.

Linda
LindaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A shame

Grew up with this stuff. Fave sanga three slices of bread, cheese spread, gherkin and between the other slices Salmon and Lobster spread. Triple decker delicious! However, not so much now. Didn't have this favourite for years until spotted it one day on a shelf in Coles. Could hardly wait to get home and make my yummy sandwich, however, not so yummy now. Thin and runny, the original paste is nothing like this imposter. There is a semblance of the old taste but that's about it. Grainy and not so tasty, please bring the old recipe back! I'm happy to pay a little more if that's what it takes.

Purchased at Coles Supermarkets for $2.

Gary R
Gary RNoosaville

Lost the Recipe or 'watering down' for PROFIT

Have thought that there may have been a bad batch, but has persisted for a long time now!!! Sorry, this will be my last purchase. My childhood memories have been shattered.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Mr Wonderful
Mr Wonderful

Do they really want less sales please explain !

It’s like pink snot now, are they joking it’s lis like they addded fifty percent water to the old recipe do they really think that little of the consumer what happened to the customer is always right the first time I tasted it this new one I thought it was bad batch I didn’t buy it for a while, so I tried it again their got be kidding it looks like salmon got diarrhoea who’s the genius who came up with this mess never gunner buy it again I’m sorry !

Chips
ChipsHunter Region, NSW

It’s changed!

I had a craving for Pecks Anchovette on buttered toast so bought some yesterday. Soooo disappointed, it’s totally changed! It’s less firm, less pink and far less tasty. The old slogan, “A little Pecks goes a loooooong way”, doesn’t apply any more. Another change for the worse.

Al b.
Al b.South West, WA

Change is not good

No more getting a decent load full on your knife to spread thickly, if I wanted an essence of salmon& lobster I would have transferred it to a sauce bottle. While I’m on this train of thought where has the bacon and corn spread gone???

Dixierock
DixierockChittaway Bay

Not like it used to be at all.

Not like I remember As long as I can remember I've loved Anchovette Pecks Paste. I'm extremely disappointed in the NOW consistency and taste. Taste? There is none. And this paste is now watery and a little slimey... What's happening to our childhood faves??? Why are they now sub par? Extremely disappointed to say the least.

Love mu pecks paste

I am not a jam or Vegemite eater but love my pecks paste on toast with lots of butter yummy however the last jar of salmon and lobster wasn't as nice also you don't make the pepper steak one anymore please bring it back and make salmon and lobster like it used to be thank you

Christopher I
Christopher IGold Coast

Taste has changed

The taste has changed over time, the saying used to be " a little pecks goes a long way ". Now it should be " a lot of pecks goes a little way " seems to be more appropriate...

Jddy
Jddyasked

Has General Mills , distributor of Pecks Paste ever responded?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Jddy,
No feedback from anyone
Cheers

Janie
Janie

Nothing at all from them Jiddy. I bought a small jar of Anchovette the other day...same other than a slight taste of anchovy. Same colour as Salmon & Lobster, smells awful, tastes even worse & very sloppy even after regrigeration. I threw it out, can't be bothered to make the effort to write to a company that produces such crap & calls it fish paste. I bought mine at Coles so might let them know.
Cheers!

Moniqueasked

When will you go back to the original recipe? I’m still waiting. I hate the consistency of the new one. It’s unusable. When will you revert to the original and why did you change it?

Troy
Troy

I agree it's crap!!!!

Yes, total crap!!!

Janet D.asked

Bring back the original paste,not this crap you have been dishing up the last couple of years.

Terry Kinsella
Terry Kinsella

The ingredients stated awhile ago that it was 68% salmon - what bloody nonsense - more like 68% diaper contents !!

I agree with you,been eating pecks for 60 years people know the difference

Jules
Jules

Yes it’s terrible, watery, oily & when you open the lid it runs out and it stinks

See all Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread questions