Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sarzie Mac
Sarzie MacSydney

Better than it looks

I've just tried the Anchovette flavour for the first time in many years and I'm really enjoying it. Used to eat it as a child but not for around 35 years. For this reason I think my opinion differs from other more consistent users, who can tell the changes in the product over the years. It's worth trying for something different. I'll buy it again and perhaps try the other flavours.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.

Disgusting Anchovette Paste

I am so disappointed.
What on earth have to this product.
Ruined it thats what.
Please change it back to original recipe.
Dont cost cut.
Please do the right thing.

September 18th 2019 Update: Improved recipe Anchovette Paste

I wrote a review previously as I was so unhappy with the watered down tasteless product. Just bought a jar hoping Pecks had listened to all of these uncomplementary reviews....well folks I think they have!!! It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better. Thank you Pecks it's a massive improvement a bit more tweeking and I would go e it 4 stars...please

Not like the good old days

W do not like the texture or colour of the new look Peck's Salmon & Lobster Spread. Our family find it too fluffy with no body. Please bring back the original recipe.

SusanOz
SusanOzBrisbane

Healthy and inexpensive, but unfortunately has changed for the worse recently

In 2015 my review said: "I love fish in any form, so I often buy Peck's salmon and lobster spreads. The ingredients are very good: 68% salmon, no preservatives. Made in Australia."

Unfortunately, since then Peck's has altered the ingredients: they added colouring to make the spread look scary pink rather than natural brown-grey, and liquified the consistency. It now feels more like soup, not a spread. Doesn't taste as good either.

Purchased in May 2019.

Food & Drink Products

Find out how Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread compares to other Food & Drink Products

Jddy
Jddyasked

Has General Mills , distributor of Pecks Paste ever responded?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Jddy,
No feedback from anyone
Cheers

Janie
Janie

Nothing at all from them Jiddy. I bought a small jar of Anchovette the other day...same other than a slight taste of anchovy. Same colour as Salmon & Lobster, smells awful, tastes even worse & very sloppy even after regrigeration. I threw it out, can't be bothered to make the effort to write to a company that produces such crap & calls it fish paste. I bought mine at Coles so might let them know.
Cheers!

Moniqueasked

When will you go back to the original recipe? I’m still waiting. I hate the consistency of the new one. It’s unusable. When will you revert to the original and why did you change it?

Troy
Troy

I agree it's crap!!!!

Yes, total crap!!!

Janet D.asked

Bring back the original paste,not this crap you have been dishing up the last couple of years.

Terry Kinsella
Terry Kinsella

The ingredients stated awhile ago that it was 68% salmon - what bloody nonsense - more like 68% diaper contents !!

I agree with you,been eating pecks for 60 years people know the difference

Jules
Jules

Yes it’s terrible, watery, oily & when you open the lid it runs out and it stinks

See all Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread questions