Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Colin
ColinThe Mallee, VIC

As good as ever.

I remember as an eight year old that my mum used to buy Peck's Paste products and that was over 60 years ago. I well remember the TV ads .A voice over man inSydney called Owen Ainley used to say " A little Peck's goes such a loooong way". I'm enjoying it most days for lunch on a fresh bread roll and lashings of butter. Just like when I was a kid.

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.60.

Does have preservatives

68% salmon, preservatives flavour enhancer. 621,salt,acidity regulator 330. Very tasty to eat but unfortunately due to the flavour enhancer gives me a migraine. Love it but can't eat it. anymore

Jddy
Jddyasked

Has General Mills , distributor of Pecks Paste ever responded?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Jddy,
No feedback from anyone
Cheers

Janie
Janie

Nothing at all from them Jiddy. I bought a small jar of Anchovette the other day...same other than a slight taste of anchovy. Same colour as Salmon & Lobster, smells awful, tastes even worse & very sloppy even after regrigeration. I threw it out, can't be bothered to make the effort to write to a company that produces such crap & calls it fish paste. I bought mine at Coles so might let them know.
Cheers!

Moniqueasked

When will you go back to the original recipe? I’m still waiting. I hate the consistency of the new one. It’s unusable. When will you revert to the original and why did you change it?

Troy
Troy

I agree it's crap!!!!

Yes, total crap!!!

Janet D.asked

Bring back the original paste,not this crap you have been dishing up the last couple of years.

Terry Kinsella
Terry Kinsella

The ingredients stated awhile ago that it was 68% salmon - what bloody nonsense - more like 68% diaper contents !!

I agree with you,been eating pecks for 60 years people know the difference

Jules
Jules

Yes it’s terrible, watery, oily & when you open the lid it runs out and it stinks

See all Peck's Salmon & Lobster Tasty Spread questions