Pedigree Dental Dog Treats

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats (page 2 of 5)

DentaStix, DentaFlex

Sandie C.

Sandie C.South East Queensland, QLD

Made my Dog Vomit

I sadly gave my dog her first dental stick, which resulted in her vomiting several hrs later. Took her 4 days to recover from this. I'll never feed her this again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

reegee

reegeePerth, WA

Cautious 5 stars

I've been giving my dog dentastix for years. He loves them and he always gets remarks from the vet on the quality of his teeth. I buy in bulk though so I've only just run out of the old kind. I'm now really apprehensive to buy more. Not sure I even want to try.

Purchased in September 2018.

Nope, never again

I bought Pedigree Dental for my 5 dogs. Within 24 hours, 2 of my 5 dogs have developed diarrhea. I threw the entire box out. Now both of my dogs are on meds and bland diets until their belly settles down. The vet agreed that the dental chews caused the flare up. He suggested never buy over the counter dental chews for your dog. Never again will I risk my dog's health buying dental chews of any brand. Only vet cleanings in the future.

Purchased in May 2019 for $14.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Simone

SimoneVictoria

Very bad product

Very bad product, the bad reviews are true. Made my puppy sick, can’t even be bothered going into detail, ridiculous they even put this on the shelves, definitely understand why they are cheap and we’re on special, just don’t purchase it, go for greenies as a dental treat(only).

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Jennalyn B.

Jennalyn B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

an average dog treat

This dog treat helped me in training my dog, i have a mixed breed shih tsu and daschuand and my fur baby seems to love it. He seemed to be more attentive and follows my command. One tip though, please give this as a treat not a meal.

Purchased in April 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware New formula

Our Border Collie that had ZERO health issues and used to love Dentastix bur earlier this year we got the new "improved formula". Within 45 minutes of consumption she was vomiting which got worse during the afternoon. Vet visit and Injection to stop vomiting. Late that night and next morning explosive diarreah and more vomiting and super lethargic. Never seen our dog looks so bad > Back to vet again . Contacted manufacturer who we sent a sample to. 4 months later get a letter stating that they have had no other reports of issues and investigation showed no relatable cause.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog loves this!

My dog looks forward to his treat everday, the new packaging and ingrediant formulation is better. It is lower in fat and good ratio of protein and good for weight concious dogs. I stock up in boxes when they go on special for $12.00 in large breed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

RE-CALL the Product--

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Syl

SylPerth, WA

Taking my dogs off dentastix as of tomorrow

I’ve given these to my 14 year old Jack Russell who has a heart condition and my tiny 3kg Chihuahua. I’m in Australia so we’re still on the old formula and both my dogs love them. Sorry Pedigree but I just can’t take the risk. My Jack Russell was given 3-4 days to live 5 weeks ago. I’m not willing to lose her one day earlier than I have to. Pedigree, you need to say something and more importantly DO something about the reactions these poor dogs have had from the ‘improved’ formula. You’re not just making dogs sick, you’re breaking peoples hearts.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.

Adam

AdamSouth East Queensland, QLD

How is this allowed to be sold

Started giving this product to my dog. And every time he has 1 within a couple of hours he starts to vomit and get diarrhoea. I don’t know how these meet any animal health standards and I don’t understand how they can still be sold in our stores. Not impressed

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Dale L

Dale LSouth West, WA

My dog’s teeth are great

My dog Crank has been getting a dentastix everyday for 11 years he has never had an upset stomach and has beautiful healthy teeth along with a healthy shiny coat

Purchased in January 2019.

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Sudden runs and stomach cramping

Was advised by our vet to feed our dog the next size up. Did so and it's resulted in a bad case of the runs and obvious discomfort. Now withdrawn them all together and things are back to normal

Purchased in January 2019.

Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs go crazy

My dogs go crazy for these dentastix. They always chew them up so quickly it’s an easy way for me to keep their teeth clean. They also have a meaty kind of smell and they love that also. I have a German Shepard and a Husky.

Purchased in January 2018 for $15.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No

You would not believe what new dentastix can do to your dog..

Purchased in December 2018.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Sudden diarrhea

Thank goodness for this forum otherwise I would be stressing myself out trying to figure out what's going on (or tons of money at the vet). My dog developed sudden, explosive diarrhea overnight (no other symptoms; still strong appetite with lots of energy), and the only change to his diet was the Dentastix. I put two and two together and stumbled across this forum and see others had similar experiences. I tossed these immediately after reading the reviews. My dog seems to be slowly improving after taking the Dentastix away. Funny thing, my dog consumed these in the past with no symptoms; so, I agree with others that the formula probably changed.

Dog can not stomach new formula dentasticks

As per lots of similar comments our westies have eaten denta sticks for years recently refused to eat them eventually eating one and vomited within 10 min if so many similar comments why no comment from pedigree.

ToJa

ToJaMontreal

No more dentastix for my dog

My 6 yrs old dog loved dentastix. Never had a problem. We bought the new package a month ago and our dog vomits every single time he eats it. He stops eating and 10hrs later he vomits. We check if that really is his beloved treats and yes it is. We throw almost 2 full packages. No more.

Josh

JoshLincoln

Vom vom everywhere!

My German shepherd used to enjoy these, but over the past week has been sick 4 times and by using process of elimination these are what making her ill. She won't be having any more.

Diarrhea

My small dog used to love these. She would get two as her snack at night. She started with diarrhea and ended up with Colitis. I stopped the treats because I had her on a restricted diet to clear up her Colitis. Last night since was back to normal I gave her the Dentastix treats. Bam, this morning she has diarrhea AGAIN. Never giving these to her again.

Dog vomits every time he eats one

Over the last year my dog is unable to eat dentastix. He vomits every time. With so many negative reviews with a similar theme I’m not sure why these are still on the market.

Topaz d.

Topaz d.asked

Bad reviews!! Are these even safe for my dogs? Where are the ingredients sourced?

Adriana

Adrianaasked

My 20 mth old Retriever has cancer we are trying to eliminate carbs from his diet. Can you please advise the carb content

Mimi

Mimiasked

Have these pedigree representatives actually read any of these reviews??? Can't they see that they are obviously giving dogs vomiting and diarrhea?? I can't believe after all these bad reviews that they have the gall to tell reviewer mike that there were no other reports of issues. What do they want from us a stat. Dec???

Darren
Darren

Hi Mimi, our small dog has pacreatitis and until the latest scary round, we couldn't work out what the trigger was. Turns out, the dentastix we were giving him was the most likely cause. He is on a low fat and prebiotic powder and we no longer gibe him dentastix.

Michelle
Michelle

Yes, exactly, please don't feed your dog these, my dog is sick from them. Vomiting and bloody stool.

Get an answer from our members and Pedigree representatives