Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

1.9

Dangerous Dentastix !!!! Do not feed this product to your dogs.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$25.00.

Maggy

MaggySouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible side effects

Wouldn't let me put zero star rating I bought a box of 12 for my 4 dogs and they seem to like them. Noticed one of my dogs after the last week kept licking her nose constantly and couldn't think what was causing it. Last night I gave them one and the same dog kept crying and pacing the floor. I let her out and she couldn't eat enough grass. Obviously she wasn't feeling good and made herself throw up. Thank goodness she seems okay today. Please don't buy these

Purchased in June 2020.

Horrible! Just horrible!

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco for A$19.99.

Dog Foods

Find out how Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs compares to other Dog Foods

Made my dogs really poorly

These sticks are not long enough my gsd dog nearly choked, he swallowed the stick whole when I gave it to him as gsd can have long noses. My other gsd went down quite poorly laid down looking sorry for himself, he later started scratching which he never does, went off his food and then had loose motion. I tried them again to make sure and got the same results. I will NEVER give my dogs these stix again. I stopped the stix it's been 2 days now and my dog is back to normal no scratching at all, very rare my dogs scratch. Also a dog could choke on them. I am going to give my dogs a marrow bone, much healthier no additives etc; Goodness knows what goes into these stix but I will not be buying them anymore for my dogs.

Purchased in March 2020.

Dog at vet. Looking at over $2500 bill

Gave two of these in a week to a 7 month old dog. He’s currently at the vet with vomiting and horrible pooh, weak. We thought he might die. AVOID!!!

Purchased in May 2020.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects Yes

Stay Away! Should be a Zero Star Option!

It's taken me a couple of weeks to figure this out and after a process of elimination and the third night of my dog having diarrhea several times throughout the night, it finally hit me that Dentastix are the cause. I thought it was a different treat until I only gave one of my dogs the Dentastix and only he is having gastrointestinal issues. He was also gagging and vomiting inconsistently throughout the last couple of weeks but it wasn't until the diarrhea that it clicked. Then, of course, I found all these other poor dogs and owners thinking and experiencing the same thing, so I'm now 100% confident about this and these are going straight to the trash, where they belong!!!

Purchased in March 2020.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Samantha L.

Samantha L.

DO NOT BUY!! Made my dog very sick!!

My dog has been miserable with yellow slimy diarrhoea and vomiting on and off for the past few weeks after introducing dentastix’s into his diet. Unfortunately I only just realised that the dentastix was causing it as the days he was sick was when he had a dentastix.
Do not buy these for your dog! I hope someone sues pedigree, I cannot believe these are allowed to be sold. So angry and upset to read that many other dogs have suffered the same symptoms as my pet as a result of Dentastix’s.

Jenny

JennyQueensland

Made both my dogs sick

Have just brought these to try , the 2rd day after having, both dogs have started vomiting would not recommend to giving these to your dog . After googling have found lots of dogs same problem after having these

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for A$14.00.

Not Safe!

Dogs really liked them but only after 3 days of giving them 1 per day, they are both vomiting them up and our largest breed dog is acting very sick. We are returning to Costco and even my husband noticed the difference in our dogs after giving these. Not safe!

Purchased in February 2020 at Costco for A$18.00.

Dog Foods

Wow, I am reading these reviews and this is exactly what has happened to my hound. Been sick 24hrs now

Wow, I am reading these reviews and this is exactly what has happened to my hound. He got a dentastix for large breeds for Xmas with an expiry of 2021 and I gave to him Thursday and he has been sick over 24hrs now. Vomiting, yellow mucus I am just making him chicken bone broth with rice to get his stomach calmed down.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$3.99.

Dentastix are toxic!

Ever since I got these sticks for my dogs they have violently been vomiting and having crazy diarrhea! This has been the only change to their diet and both of my German Shepard’s have had these problems since. Take this crap off the market as it is harming the animals

Purchased in January 2020.

leeanne

leeanne

toxic

this product i am sure gave my dog bad diarrhoea for 4 days first day it was very yellow, think they must of changed the ingredients from what they were 6-12 months ago as never use to have any issues in the past, emailed pedigree and they say no issues or changes to them i think that’s a big load of crap bet they wouldn’t feed it to there pets!

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths.

Side Effects Yes

This product should be banned and i hope someone sues the pants off these people

So our dog likes the flavour, and then two days after we started feeding him these poison sticks he started to have horrible diarrea. after that he started to vomit, his stool became yellowish and eventually bloody.
the week after we stopped feeding him these sticks, which was the only change he got much better and now has regular stools again. Pedigree should be put out of business for this. our dog could have died had this continued and im sure reading all these reviews dog have without their owners ever understaning that their sweet little treats and wish to help their pups teeth was the thing to undo them. horrible. so horrible.

Purchased in December 2019.

My dog loves it

My dog really looks forward to getting one every day at lunch time. She knows where they are stored and goes and sits by the cupboard. On command she then sits on her mat and waits to get it. She has never had any adverse reaction all the years that she has been given it.

Purchased at IGA.

Side Effects No

Pedigree dentastix

Yesterday I gave my golden retriever pedigree dentastix and he had very bad loose motions. I wouldn't recommend it. This has happened for the second time. Last time I tried was a year back.

Purchased in January 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Dog Foods

Something is wrong with dentastix

Purchased recently (September or October)at Costco as a three flavor pack. The original flavor twice now have given my dog diarrhea. I wasnt sure what caused it first time but was suspicious of dentastix. This time I was able to pinpoint it. Must be contaminated because we have given him dentastix for over a year with no problems. Not giving him pedigree products anymore.

Purchased in September 2019 at Costco.

Cruiser

CruiserREEDY CREEK

Disappointing defective DENTATIX

I have given daily DENTATIX to my two labs, over the last two months we are getting some defective....really looks like they have been attacked by rodents before packaging! Tried email company , but no reply!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Dentastix causing diarrhea!

My dog loved the taste, but she had diarrhea shortly afterward. I didnt immediately make the connection, but put her on a rice/small amount of dry food only. After several days off of Dentastix, I gave her one before bed, and within hours the diarrhea was back! She had to be let out every couple of hours. I will immediate throw these out.

Purchased in October 2019 at Costco.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Emma

Emma

Dog loves but doesn't clean teeth

My mixed breed dog loves to eat these, however it is eaten within 1 minute and doesn't clean his teeth. You see absolutely no difference in dental health even with consecutive use.

0 stars If possible

My large dog loves eating these treats, but she will eat most things. After a couple of days of the bacon flavor treats she has explosive, bloody, liquid diarrhea. She can’t even make it to the door sometimes! It’s so sad. We are on day 4 and heading to the vet tonight because it’s taking a toll on her and she’s very lethargic, not herself :(

Purchased in August 2019.

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews