Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Cruiser

CruiserREEDY CREEK

Disappointing defective DENTATIX

I have given daily DENTATIX to my two labs, over the last two months we are getting some defective....really looks like they have been attacked by rodents before packaging! Tried email company , but no reply!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Dentastix causing diarrhea!

My dog loved the taste, but she had diarrhea shortly afterward. I didnt immediately make the connection, but put her on a rice/small amount of dry food only. After several days off of Dentastix, I gave her one before bed, and within hours the diarrhea was back! She had to be let out every couple of hours. I will immediate throw these out.

Purchased in October 2019 at Costco.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Emma

Emma

Dog loves but doesn't clean teeth

My mixed breed dog loves to eat these, however it is eaten within 1 minute and doesn't clean his teeth. You see absolutely no difference in dental health even with consecutive use.

0 stars If possible

My large dog loves eating these treats, but she will eat most things. After a couple of days of the bacon flavor treats she has explosive, bloody, liquid diarrhea. She can’t even make it to the door sometimes! It’s so sad. We are on day 4 and heading to the vet tonight because it’s taking a toll on her and she’s very lethargic, not herself :(

Purchased in August 2019.

Made my 10 month old Lab puppy very ill

Gave all 3 of my Labs the Dentastixs. The boys were fine, my baby is very ill. Diarrhea for the last 48 hours. And not wanting to eat,that’s a problem for a Lab.

Purchased in August 2019 for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Nope, never again

I bought Pedigree Dental for my 5 dogs. Within 24 hours, 2 of my 5 dogs have developed diarrhea. I threw the entire box out. Now both of my dogs are on meds and bland diets until their belly settles down. The vet agreed that the dental chews caused the flare up. He suggested never buy over the counter dental chews for your dog. Never again will I risk my dog's health buying dental chews of any brand. Only vet cleanings in the future.

Purchased in May 2019 for $14.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog loves this!

My dog looks forward to his treat everday, the new packaging and ingrediant formulation is better. It is lower in fat and good ratio of protein and good for weight concious dogs. I stock up in boxes when they go on special for $12.00 in large breed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No

Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs go crazy

My dogs go crazy for these dentastix. They always chew them up so quickly it’s an easy way for me to keep their teeth clean. They also have a meaty kind of smell and they love that also. I have a German Shepard and a Husky.

Purchased in January 2018 for $15.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
ToJa

ToJaMontreal

No more dentastix for my dog

My 6 yrs old dog loved dentastix. Never had a problem. We bought the new package a month ago and our dog vomits every single time he eats it. He stops eating and 10hrs later he vomits. We check if that really is his beloved treats and yes it is. We throw almost 2 full packages. No more.

Josh

JoshLincoln

Vom vom everywhere!

My German shepherd used to enjoy these, but over the past week has been sick 4 times and by using process of elimination these are what making her ill. She won't be having any more.

Dog vomits every time he eats one

Over the last year my dog is unable to eat dentastix. He vomits every time. With so many negative reviews with a similar theme I’m not sure why these are still on the market.

BlackDog

BlackDogAdelaide

Wait and see

Been using Dentastix for well over 9 years, the dogs loved them and the vet always commented on the great condition of their teeth. Have just bought a 4 pack box of the 'NEW IMPROVED FORMULA' Yet to see if my dog reacts badly to the 'IMPROVED FORMULA'.

JoLou

JoLouBloomington

Explosive diarrhea

My 120lbs great pyrenees gets explosive diarrhea and vomits every single time I gave those to him. It cost me lots of vet bills and trial and error to figure out that those were the cause of the situation. Not good!

Charlie’s Mom

Charlie’s MomOklahoma City

More of a Trick than a Treat

My dog appeared to enjoy receiving a Dentastix, but it gave him diarrhea each day and even made him vomit. He is a 120 lb Labrador Pyrenees and has never had tummy troubles until this. I would absolutely recommend NOT giving these to your dog, at all. They need to be removed from shelves.

BossaNova

BossaNovaPort Washington, Wisconsin

Will not buy these again

I just purchased these from Costco....after 2 days...my teddy bear has awful gas and bloated stomach....upset that I did this to her by buying these. Retired on a fixed income...wasted money.

Avril P

Avril PAdelaide

Poor dog has the runs for days

My poor dog has intense diarrhoea from these stix. Like brown water. Poor thing must have such an upset stomach. It's been 2 days now. Thank god it isn't anything more serious like we were thinking. You should take these products off the shelves if they are making dogs sick!

Hates new formula!

Our dog loved these until recently. Wouldn't eat one from new box of Bacon ones so exchanged for original. The color was way too light and smelled different. Luckily she refused to eat them as see they made other dogs sick. Something is WRONG - do a recall!

Vomiting and agitation

Maybe there was something wrong with this batch, but this was the only different addition to my short haired German pointer’s diet. First time she was agitated and pacing and then vomited the contents of her stomach, and second time, just vomited the complete contents of her stomach. Maybe this isn’t a usual reaction, and I was going by all the positive reviews on Amazon, but this is certainly a tooth cleaner I won’t be giving to my dog again.

Diarrhea-Inducing Dental Chews?

We normally give our dogs (2 black labs, ages 3 & 1 year) Greenies - one stick per dog, twice a week. We ran out of the Greenies and saw the DentaStix while we were at Costco & thought we'd give those a try. They've each had 3 beef-flavored Stix in the past 10 days (one every 3 days, roughly). We have been battling constant diarrhea from both dogs (indoors & out - gross!) this past week & it finally dawned on us that the ONLY change they've had in their diet and lifestyle are the DentaStix. Our vet has stool samples to rule out any bacterial issues but one thing is for certain - the remaining DentaStix have been thrown out and we will be going back to Greenies.

Pedigree
Ken LokPedigree

Chlo

ChloSoutheast, SA

Love!

My 2 big bred dog loooooooove these! They are not only affordable but great size servings.

We are able to purchase them from woolies, coles, iga, vets, petstock shops and sometimes the reject shop

Pedigree
Ken LokPedigree

Thanks for letting us know Chlo! We're stoked they're fans!

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews