6Pedigree DentaStix

Pedigree DentaStix

6Pedigree DentaStix
1.5

12% · 28197 · 86%
Brand Manager for Pedigree? Claim your listing.

Liv
Liv

Don’t Buy

I have two perfectly healthy dogs. Just went to the vet last week, and in tip top shape. I gave them each HALF a stick in their size and go to their crates to let them out in the morning and they are covered in diarrhea and vomit. They have both been off and on vomiting and diarrhea, and that’s the only thing that’s changed. I wish I would have read more reviews before hand; there are so many stating several things. Please don’t buy this product for your dog!
Lindy D.
Lindy D.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Vomited immediately after eating, twice before I looked up reviews

Buddy vomited immediately after eating. Thinking it was something else the first time I gave him another days later and he immediately vomited again. I wish I'd read the reviews online first that speak to a lack of anything in them that actually helps teeth and a bad company recall and ingredients history. Buddy had never vomited before from anything.These need to be removed from Chewy site.
Mandy
Mandy

Not good

These gave my dog large sores all over his body. Took me a few months to figure it was the sticks that were causing such grieve for us, not to mention an expensive vet bill.
Marko
Marko

Very sick Dog!

These things should be removed from sale immediately! Gave my Jack Russell just half a stick. She was horribly sick, vomiting over a 12 hour period. Some days later, she still isn't right, not eating or drinking properly.
Jeannel C.
Jeannel C.

DO NOT BOTHER!!

Just like all the other reviews on here, my dog started throwing up yellow bile not long after he ate one. This product should be recalled, its obviously not safe. BLOODY RIDICULOUS PEDIGREE!
Cindi R.
Cindi R.

Have had 3 dogs die

I had 4 dogs 3 of them have died they ate dentastix almost daily the only one left is 18 years old and he refused to eat them. It took me awhile to figure out the common denominator but now I have. If there was a way to sue them for this I would they have caused me so much pain in losing 3 dogs in 3 months.
shiloh g.
shiloh g.

Made my dogs sick

Bought a large three pack at Costco. I have a 65 pound boxer and a 35 pound boxer mix. After one stick my larger boxer has been having extremely liquid diarrhea and his stomach is gurgling. My smaller boxer is still a puppy and eats anything she can get her mouth on, usually without stomach issues, but she is whining and clearly having stomach discomfort. Im glad I work with a vet so they can get stomach meds tomorrow if they are still having issues, but I will NEVER be giving these to them again. These should not be on the market. I will gladly warn any of our clients who use this product to switch to something else.
Diahria Doggy
Diahria Doggy

Poopy Situation

DentaStixs cause severe diahria in a normally HEALTHY puppy. We gave our sweet puppy ONE DentaStix yesterday and she has had explosive diahria since ingesting it. Poor baby has done nothing but sleep and poop. We will NEVER by this toxic so called "treat" again!
Doris
Doris
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Made all 3 of my dogs sick!

Gave all 3 of my dogs dentastix. One dog is 20lbs 12years old; one 35lbs 18 months old; and the other 40lbs is 9 mos old. About an hour later I hear one of my dogs gagging like he’s going to be sick. Surprise, surprise. All 3 dogs are throwing up. Brown pieces ( I can only guess the dentastix) and then yellow bile. My dogs are very healthy so I know it was the dentastix. It’s the only new thing I’ve added to their diet. Do not give this to your dogs.
63matlow
63matlowSydney, NSW

Don't waste your money

Diarrhea and vomiting after each stix. A mucus in his poo. Eating glass right after having a Stix. I read we are not the only ones with the same for our dogs. I would rather pay the $300-400 for my vet to clean his teeth. That would be money well spent and not wasted on a product that does not clean the dogs teeth. I will be emailing the company of a please explain. contact(at)za.mars.com
LKA
LKA

DO NOT GIVE your dogs Dentastix for large or small dogs

2 dogs one 20 lbs the other 70lbs, no health issues. I gave each of them a Dentastix this morning, they have both vomited several times today and have diarrhea. Dentastix is the only new item that has been introduced to their diet, they have never had Dentastixs before. Wish I had read the reviews before I gave them Dentastixs and made them sick.
Diana U.
Diana U.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Give to my dog he only smells it and walk off don’t know why he did it so must be something he smells that turn him off

No he didn’t like it not even try to have a go with it . I am happy he didn’t cause may be he would be sick and have to take him to the vets
Brit
Brit

Made dog sick

Purchased the value pack at Costco and made my dog sick - started vomiting and having diarrhea throughout the night after eating the beef-flavored Dentastix. Have tried similar products previously and was fine, but not this brand. Would not recommend.
gypsymaggie
gypsymaggieVictoria45 posts

Good for the bin!

Have been giving dentastix to my dogs for sometime now & noticed that they seem to become very lethagic & need to go out & eat grass afterwards. also one had a yellow sick & the last few packets I bought looked like a rat has chewed them, small nibbles on one side of each stick, very weird, anyhow I would not recommend to buy them & I will be throwing the few packets I have out. Pedigree you need to look at this & stop selling these horrible sticks.
C Henry
C Henry

NEVER BUY THESE TREATS! Sick dog

For a couple weeks we couldn’t figure out what was making our dog throw up yellow bile! Now we know, every time I give them one of these DentaStix they vomit badly!! Bought a Wal- Mary for $14.99. They need to be off the market and in the trash!!!
Tat
Tat
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

My dog diarrhea and vomit after having Dentastix

We gave Dentastix to our dog and he diarrhea and vomit yellow stuff.
it happened 2 weeks ago and we thought it was due to the beef neck we gave him. Yesterday we gave him Dentastix again, this time without beef neck, and last night he started to diarrhea again. This morning he even vomited with yellow stuff.

Sherry Smith
Sherry Smith
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Dog got very sick and had seizure

Gave our 10 lb Chihuahua one and within an hour he started vomiting and having seizures. So far our other dogs that are bigger have not gotten sick, we will be throwing the rest of the package away.
Ryan
Ryan

Made Dog Sick

We usually get these from Petsmart, but saw a good deal at Costco so we bought the value 3-pack. I noticed they were a little drier than normal, but didn’t think anything of it. My dog had really bad diarrhea as a response. After a vet visit and multiple episodes of diarrhea, I finally figured out it was these dentastix.
Hadley
Hadley

Awful

2 healthy dogs-both with severe Explosive diarrhea issues from dentastix purchased at Costco. 1st time user-last time user. Gotta go clean up the mess AGAIN! Thanks dentastix for another no night sleep.
Tayla Williams
Tayla WilliamsSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY - MAKES MY DOG SICK

My dog used to have DentaStix all the time but over the past few years every time he has one it makes him incredibly sick. He hadn’t had them for a few months and I found a pack (still in use by date) as I was moving yesterday. Gave him one and sure enough 4am he was up vomiting again. These treats should be taken off the market looking at how many people’s poor dogs are sick from it.
Daniel H.
Daniel H.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Do not buy, do not give these to your dogs

I purchased a big box of these from Costco on Tuesday, I have a 13 year old Boxer and a 21 week Doberman puppy. I gave them both 2 sticks between Tuesday and Wednesday now both have very smelly diarrhea and puking, everything started on Thursday and it's Saturday morning and it is still going on. I made both dogs a white rice bowl, added their regular food and cooked two eggs for them (no butter, just place your eggs in a bowl and place them in a microwave). Im taking this crap back to Costco for a refund, ill be contacting the company, if there is a class action lawsuit count us in. I will never buy these again.
parade6010
parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC24 posts
Jhenninger
Jhenninger

Would rate less than 1 star if I could

Dog has been vomiting yellow bile often and we realized it was always happening the same day as he was given dentastix. Wish I caught this earlier so he wouldn't have had to go through all of that.
Vanessa D.
Vanessa D.

Never buy again!

We bought the dentastix at Costco on 7/21 in a big pack of three, we thought dang this is a good deal and we have never tried them out before. After a day we realized both our dogs under the age of 1 had terrible diarrhea and no appetite. We figured that they just got into something they shouldn’t have and thought nothing of it but the next few days it continued to happen. So yesterday I stopped giving them it and today they are perfectly fine and having proper bowel movements.
Duke Kokales
Duke Kokales

Made my dog very sick!

I noticed after I started giving my Yorkie DentaStix he started vomiting and getting Diarrhea!!! He couldn't eat enough grass. He slept a lot during the day but then had us up during the night needing to go outside cause he didn't feel well. Poor thing!! My husband and I put it together that it's the Dentastix. Stopped giving him Dentastix daily. It took a couple of days but he came out of it!!!
Alice R.
Alice R.

Maggy
MaggySouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Horrible side effects

Wouldn't let me put zero star rating I bought a box of 12 for my 4 dogs and they seem to like them. Noticed one of my dogs after the last week kept licking her nose constantly and couldn't think what was causing it. Last night I gave them one and the same dog kept crying and pacing the floor. I let her out and she couldn't eat enough grass. Obviously she wasn't feeling good and made herself throw up. Thank goodness she seems okay today. Please don't buy these
LoRee R.
LoRee R.
Vic Mae L.
Vic Mae L.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

My dog starts having diarhea after eating this!!! Please dont sell this!!!

My dog starts having diarrhea!!!!! Please dont dare try it!! My dog is pooping wer poops and had a bad tummy!!! Please dont sell this! So misleading. Im after the brand because I thought this is a good one but not!!
DogMom
DogMom

Made my dog sick

I gave my dog one of these while supervised and while he did enjoy the “treat” about 4 hours later he had bad diarrhea with blood in it. This lasted about 24 hours. Won’t buy again.
Liana
LianaAU13 posts

Sick Dogs

My dogs are both 10yrs old and have eaten Dentastix without any problem for years.
Over the last couple of months they have both suffered from diarrhoea, the same colour as the Dentastix and vomiting.
I sent an email to the company today with the batch numbers to alert them of the problem and I encourage everyone else to do the same. This isn’t right and they need to know what their product is doing to our precious pets.
I notice the product is made in Hungary but the automated email reply I received was from South Africa???
Barry
Barry
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Made my dogs really poorly

These sticks are not long enough my gsd dog nearly choked, he swallowed the stick whole when I gave it to him as gsd can have long noses. My other gsd went down quite poorly laid down looking sorry for himself, he later started scratching which he never does, went off his food and then had loose motion. I tried them again to make sure and got the same results. I will NEVER give my dogs these stix again. I stopped the stix it's been 2 days now and my dog is back to normal no scratching at all, very rare my dogs scratch. Also a dog could choke on them. I am going to give my dogs a marrow bone, much healthier no additives etc; Goodness knows what goes into these stix but I will not be buying them anymore for my dogs.
Kieran
Kieran

These Caused Diarrhea for Days in my Little Dog

My sister gives these to her do with no problems, but my dog ate one and had liquid diarrhea for three days after it. She had to sleep a lot because the stomach upset took so much out of her.
Terri W.
Terri W.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Don’t buy! Almost killed my little dogs

Both of my chihuahuas have became very sick after eating these treats. We’ve spent at least 3000.00 at the vet to make sure that he survived. His liver and kidneys were shutting down and now my other dog is having bloody stool and won’t eat.
sb07
sb07DEVONPORT4 posts

Very sick dog

My partner and I gave these to our healthy staffy and he started vomiting and also had revolting diarrhoea he lost a lot of weight, we stopped giving them to him and he has returned to normal, don’t give them to your dog, I will put up with doggie breath just to have a healthy dog
Renzo
Renzo
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Dont buy!! Causing vomitting and diarrhea

Same here! My pomeranian started vomiting and having diarrhea. At first I really dont know whats causing it, if its the food or what , I changed his dog food to royal canin which is very expensive. Then still the same and after that I realized that it is because of the dentastix, dont buy this!

Larainne G.
Larainne G.

Dog at vet. Looking at over $2500 bill

Gave two of these in a week to a 7 month old dog. He’s currently at the vet with vomiting and horrible pooh, weak. We thought he might die. AVOID!!!
Jason Mullins
Jason Mullins

Don’t buy these

After giving our cocker spaniel these a few times we have worked out that they are making her very sick every time she has one .Don't buy this product at any cost
Clare
Clare
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

The company should be held responsible animal cruelty!!!

Made my dog very sick and he is my whole world! How did this product get on the shelves and allowed into out pet loving homes? So upset!!! Please do no purchase and product from this company plenty other well respected dentil chews out their that are safe for your loving pets!!
Jillianroberts8398
Jillianroberts8398

DO NOT BUY

My dog has been throwing up for now 8 hours straight. I contacted the vet telling them everything my dog ate and they confirmed it was very likely the dental sticks and to only give my poor pup ice cubes cus that’s likely all his body can handle without getting sick. Now that I’ve seen the other reviews I’m SURE that this is what caused it. I am extremely upset to see this hurting so many other dogs yet they are still selling it.Screw this brand DO NOT buy this for your dogs