6Pedigree DentaStix

Pedigree DentaStix

6Pedigree DentaStix
1.5

12% · 28197 · 86%
Brand Manager for Pedigree? Claim your listing.

Amy F.
Amy F.
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Stay Away! Should be a Zero Star Option!

It's taken me a couple of weeks to figure this out and after a process of elimination and the third night of my dog having diarrhea several times throughout the night, it finally hit me that Dentastix are the cause. I thought it was a different treat until I only gave one of my dogs the Dentastix and only he is having gastrointestinal issues. He was also gagging and vomiting inconsistently throughout the last couple of weeks but it wasn't until the diarrhea that it clicked. Then, of course, I found all these other poor dogs and owners thinking and experiencing the same thing, so I'm now 100% confident about this and these are going straight to the trash, where they belong!!!
Samantha L.
Samantha L.2 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

DO NOT BUY!! Made my dog very sick!!

My dog has been miserable with yellow slimy diarrhoea and vomiting on and off for the past few weeks after introducing dentastix’s into his diet. Unfortunately I only just realised that the dentastix was causing it as the days he was sick was when he had a dentastix.
Do not buy these for your dog! I hope someone sues pedigree, I cannot believe these are allowed to be sold. So angry and upset to read that many other dogs have suffered the same symptoms as my pet as a result of Dentastix’s.
Jenny
JennyQueensland

Made both my dogs sick

Have just brought these to try , the 2rd day after having, both dogs have started vomiting would not recommend to giving these to your dog . After googling have found lots of dogs same problem after having these
Tyler
Tyler

Terrible

I gave these to my dogs. And one started with a rash. The 2nd started with cuts on his body from scratching. I took the 2nd into the vet and they shaved him down and he was all marked up from a bad allergic reaction from these stix. This is the only treats I have given them. They always eat a clean diet. Stay away from these things.
Lynn
Lynn

Great product

I’ve given my dogs these for years. I do exactly what the last writer said.i break them in half so they usually have one whole one at the end of the day.
Dominique A.
Dominique A.

DONT risk your dog HEALTH

My dogs loved these treats, however it has caused vomiting and diarrhea in my dogs. At first I couldn’t figure out what was making my two dogs sick but it all lead back to these dentists sticks ! I gave one to my dog at 3 am after taking him outside and at 5 am I woke up to him crying and a big mess in his kennel. I had to throw everything away and have been taking my dog out every 30 mins because he has the runs and now blood is appearing in his stool. Sadly I didn’t do my research before buying these terrible treats.
D'Andrea D.
D'Andrea D.

Angry pet lover

Gave my dog one a day and the 2nd day my dog started vomiting! Im furious! These need taking off the shelves asap!!!! I will never give my dog another one
Mike
Mike
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Should be a class action lawsuit against this company!!

My dogs have become SO ILL from these horrible products! I have kept their vomit (that has blood in it!) and will be bringing it to my vet to have it lab tested. I would encourage owners with sick pets from this poison, to do the same. Absolutely inexcusable! Why would anyone ever put a product like this to market?? There are enough people with sick pets (just look at all the reviews on here alone!) that a class action lawsuit should be brought forth. I'm just beside myself. There is SO MUCH vomit from my dogs that I'm fearful for the coming days. Never have I ever seen anything like this. Shame on you Pedigree!! AVOID THIS PRODUCT AND ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS AT ALL COSTS!
Dave L.
Dave L.

Do not give to your dog

This product has caused my 4 year old dog to vomit several times. It’s also made her eyes and ears bad. We are 100% sure it’s these causing these problems.
Kim P.
Kim P.

Not Safe!

Dogs really liked them but only after 3 days of giving them 1 per day, they are both vomiting them up and our largest breed dog is acting very sick. We are returning to Costco and even my husband noticed the difference in our dogs after giving these. Not safe!
DJ L.
DJ L.

Yellow Diarrhoea

My dog developed yellow diarrhoea after I bought these denta stix. I stopped gixing him pedigree denta stix, the diarrhoea stopped. He likes to eat them but I do not like scooping foul smelling yellow sludge up in a poo bag.
Dog lover
Dog lover

Makes my dog throw up!

If I skip a day, my dog is fine. When I give him one a day, he throws up multiple times during the day. I will never buy them again
Mari
Mari

TERRIBLE!!!!

My dog has been having digestive problems, explosive diarrhea and vomiting after I gave him the dental treats. Never buying these again. Thank god I stopped giving him the treats and his diarrhea and vomiting stopped. If I could give this product -102922552 stars, I would!
blue j.
blue j.2 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Made my healthy dog sick!!!!!!!

Gave this product to my dog he loved it the second day i gave the treat again i noticed he was drooling like crazy then started vomiting followed by loose stool i knew right away it was the pedigree denta sticks and discarded them he's doing 100% better would not recommend I'm thankful i did not give it to my other dog she is a senior i feel as if it would have killed her i would not recommend this product I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased!
8cosmo
8cosmo
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Wow, I am reading these reviews and this is exactly what has happened to my hound. Been sick 24hrs now

Wow, I am reading these reviews and this is exactly what has happened to my hound. He got a dentastix for large breeds for Xmas with an expiry of 2021 and I gave to him Thursday and he has been sick over 24hrs now. Vomiting, yellow mucus I am just making him chicken bone broth with rice to get his stomach calmed down.
Christian L.
Christian L.

Dentastix are toxic!

Ever since I got these sticks for my dogs they have violently been vomiting and having crazy diarrhea! This has been the only change to their diet and both of my German Shepard’s have had these problems since. Take this crap off the market as it is harming the animals

leeanne
leeanne2 posts

toxic

this product i am sure gave my dog bad diarrhoea for 4 days first day it was very yellow, think they must of changed the ingredients from what they were 6-12 months ago as never use to have any issues in the past, emailed pedigree and they say no issues or changes to them i think that’s a big load of crap bet they wouldn’t feed it to there pets!
Fred
Fred
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

This product should be banned and i hope someone sues the pants off these people

So our dog likes the flavour, and then two days after we started feeding him these poison sticks he started to have horrible diarrea. after that he started to vomit, his stool became yellowish and eventually bloody.
the week after we stopped feeding him these sticks, which was the only change he got much better and now has regular stools again. Pedigree should be put out of business for this. our dog could have died had this continued and im sure reading all these reviews dog have without their owners ever understaning that their sweet little treats and wish to help their pups teeth was the thing to undo them. horrible. so horrible.
Alfred
Alfred4 posts

My dog loves it

My dog really looks forward to getting one every day at lunch time. She knows where they are stored and goes and sits by the cupboard. On command she then sits on her mat and waits to get it. She has never had any adverse reaction all the years that she has been given it.
Kushal D.
Kushal D.

Pedigree dentastix

Yesterday I gave my golden retriever pedigree dentastix and he had very bad loose motions. I wouldn't recommend it. This has happened for the second time. Last time I tried was a year back.
Michael W.
Michael W.

sick dog after one week

Dog loves the taste but after a week he has fairly bad diarrhea.much like many others on here. he is a healthy little yorkie 5 years old.I would not recommend these to anyone
Giovanni V.
Giovanni V.
Sharon Rameka
Sharon RamekaFar North Queensland, QLD5 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

My dog absolutely loves these

My dog has been eating these for 3 years with no problems. She knows after her morning meal she will get one and does a little happy dance when she is about to get one. My vet says whatever you are doing for her teeth keep it up as it's seems to be working. I get the one for 10-25kg and break it in half so it goes further as they are a bit expensive. My dog is just under 10kg.
Anette
Anette7 posts

Dog loves these

My rescue dog has been eating Pedigree dental sticks for years, have no idea why there's so many bad reviews, he's never been sick and its helping with his shocking bad breath.
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.Queensland

Awful diaharrea

My mum bought these for my Cockapoo as a Christmas treat. He had one that evening and has had loose yellowy stools since. 3 days now! So far he doesnt seem lethargic or failing, but hoise training is now back to square one! Not fair on the wee man. Very unimpressed Pedigree!
Jim K.
Jim K.

Made my Maltipoo very sick

Tried these twice. Both times ended with vomiting, and yellow diarrhea. Threw them in the trash. These should be removed from the market. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

Ash
Ash
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Something is wrong with dentastix

Purchased recently (September or October)at Costco as a three flavor pack. The original flavor twice now have given my dog diarrhea. I wasnt sure what caused it first time but was suspicious of dentastix. This time I was able to pinpoint it. Must be contaminated because we have given him dentastix for over a year with no problems. Not giving him pedigree products anymore.
Michelle3 posts

My dog is sick

My dog started vomiting and now has loose bloody stool, the only change has been giving her these Dentastixs, which I will now stop. I hope these Dentastixs didn't hurt my dog but seems to be the cause.
Michelle

I purchased these in October 2019 , I'm not sure why it put September when it's October. I am sad that my dog is now sick because they trust what we give them and I trusted this product to be safe but never again.

Kylie D.
Kylie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Use These!

These have made our old little female dog so sick with yellow diarrhoea. We thought she had kidney failure!!! Do not use them. They are basically poison to dogs. So angry and disappointed in the Pedigree company.
Annie
AnnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Pedigree dentastix causes poisoning

My six month old big puppy became very ill vomiting and diarrhea after eating pedigree dentastix...Have heard that this is a common problem with this brand.. Should be taken off the market..If you have them ,bin them..
Cruiser
CruiserREEDY CREEK15 posts

Disappointing defective DENTATIX

I have given daily DENTATIX to my two labs, over the last two months we are getting some defective....really looks like they have been attacked by rodents before packaging! Tried email company , but no reply!
Nessa J.
Nessa J.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely Shocking

My little jack Russell puppy and older dog are SO SICK from these dentastix. They have been having dentastix for a while with liquid stools sometimes even blood appearing!!! I never noticed the correlation until other family members had the same issue once having tried pedigree dentastix. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED IN THIS BRAND. This should be reported on ACA. Its sickening that after all of these reports, pedigree is still making money off causing these poor dogs to be Ill.
JLK
JLK

Dentastix causing diarrhea!

My dog loved the taste, but she had diarrhea shortly afterward. I didnt immediately make the connection, but put her on a rice/small amount of dry food only. After several days off of Dentastix, I gave her one before bed, and within hours the diarrhea was back! She had to be let out every couple of hours. I will immediate throw these out.
Emma
Emma5 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Dog loves but doesn't clean teeth

My mixed breed dog loves to eat these, however it is eaten within 1 minute and doesn't clean his teeth. You see absolutely no difference in dental health even with consecutive use.
Jules
Jules

0 stars If possible

My large dog loves eating these treats, but she will eat most things. After a couple of days of the bacon flavor treats she has explosive, bloody, liquid diarrhea. She can’t even make it to the door sometimes! It’s so sad. We are on day 4 and heading to the vet tonight because it’s taking a toll on her and she’s very lethargic, not herself :(
Cberry
Cberry

Made my 10 month old Lab puppy very ill

Gave all 3 of my Labs the Dentastixs. The boys were fine, my baby is very ill. Diarrhea for the last 48 hours. And not wanting to eat,that’s a problem for a Lab.

Chris Ryan
Chris Ryan

My little Dog is now on its death Bed

We prey the Vet at Bristol can help Her. We are now sure that Dentasticks have considerably caused or contributed to Pancreatitus, so Far our Vet bills are around £3000 and rising, money isn't the issue, here we have almost killed here with love giving her a stick a day sometimes 2 as a treat. What a treat I will never forgive myself for these actions.
Lexi
LexiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suddenly a Very sick dog

My mini schnauzer has eaten these for years. But for the last month has been violently sick and messed every night. Last night no chew.. No mess. Speaks for itself.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.

Made my dog sick

I have given these to my pups in the past but now their stomachs are upset bad with bloody diarrhea and the smell of the product is bad. Bought at Costco. Don't buy. Stick with carrots and vet dental checkups.
Fiona
Fiona

Made my dog vomit

My very healthy dog became extremely unwell after eating this product, vomiting and drooling. The vet gave him an anti nausea injection, and said not to feed the DentaStix to him again. He recovered thankfully and I threw the pack out.