6Pedigree DentaStix

Pedigree DentaStix

6Pedigree DentaStix
1.5

12% · 28197 · 86%
Brand Manager for Pedigree? Claim your listing.

Karlimay
KarlimayOxfordshire
EFW
EFWLockport

Change of ingredients?

We have 3 dogs, 2 get these and 1 doesn't. Other than denta styx they eat exactly the same diet and treats. Recently the 2 that get denta styx have developed hot spots, constant itching and all the symptoms of an adverse reaction. Something must have changed in the ingredients and we will never give them to our dogs again.

Not happy Jane
Not happy Jane
john
john

Vomiting and agitation

Maybe there was something wrong with this batch, but this was the only different addition to my short haired German pointer’s diet. First time she was agitated and pacing and then vomited the contents of her stomach, and second time, just vomited the complete contents of her stomach. Maybe this isn’t a usual reaction, and I was going by all the positive reviews on Amazon, but this is certainly a tooth cleaner I won’t be giving to my dog again.

Mel w
Mel wCharmhaven
  Verified Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Bad News

Terrible product gave my dog 1 Dentastix I had her vomiting all night and Diarrhea her diet has not changed the only thing different she has had was 1 of these I would not recommend this product at all

Connie
Connie
  Verified Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

Happy dogs

I have miniature Australian Shepherd/border collie mix, mother and daughter. I had been struggling with their breath until I started using dentastixs. They get no human food and top of the line dog food. There have been no negative side effects. Thank you Pedigree

Steve
SteveWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts

Never buy again

My two Maltese / shitzu use to like these things they must have changed the ingredients the last time I gave them one they started chewing and licking their paws constantly until they were red raw I'll be changing to something else from now on.
Judy
Judy

No good

Used to give these to my dog regularly. Never had any problems with them and my dog loved them. I'm not sure if they changed the recipe but had to stop giving them to him because everytime he head one he ended up vomiting about 5 minutes later. Won't but these anymore and don't recommend them either.

N.S
N.S
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Medium Dogs

My dog vomits after eating these

Have found out that once my dog has been given one of these ends up vomiting will definitely be buying a different product for my dog

Lab1Lab2
Lab1Lab2

Diarrhea-Inducing Dental Chews?

We normally give our dogs (2 black labs, ages 3 & 1 year) Greenies - one stick per dog, twice a week. We ran out of the Greenies and saw the DentaStix while we were at Costco & thought we'd give those a try. They've each had 3 beef-flavored Stix in the past 10 days (one every 3 days, roughly). We have been battling constant diarrhea from both dogs (indoors & out - gross!) this past week & it finally dawned on us that the ONLY change they've had in their diet and lifestyle are the DentaStix. Our vet has stool samples to rule out any bacterial issues but one thing is for certain - the remaining DentaStix have been thrown out and we will be going back to Greenies.

Chlo
ChloSoutheast, SA21 posts

Love!

My 2 big bred dog loooooooove these! They are not only affordable but great size servings.

We are able to purchase them from woolies, coles, iga, vets, petstock shops and sometimes the reject shop

Show reply

Fi_
Fi_Camp Hill

Happy dogs - Happy life!

I absolutely love this product - not only because i have seen the rapid change in my dogs oral health but also because they love it. It's a great treat to give them on afternoons or weekends while I read a book in the back yard with them.

Have recommended to many of my friends with dogs & they all love it too!

Show reply

emy_young
emy_youngBrisbane2 posts

Do not buy

The product makes my dog sick. Each time she has had on she ends up vomiting within hours. I would avoid at all cost.

Pedigree   DM

Hi Emy, We're so sorry your dog was sick. We want every experience to be a great one for both you and your dog. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 640 111 or at contact@aup.mars.com and we'd love to help.

PEDIGREE

Zoe
ZoeAdelaide7 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Gets the dog running to me

My dog loves these so much, if she's outside and won't come in all I say is denta stud and she comes running, but due to the price I've rarely buy them now and have also cut them in half and only give my dog half maybe once a week so they it does last then.

Jo g
Jo g

Dangerous!

My dog chewed on one today 5.4.2918 and got a piece stuck in his top palette, he clawed at it to get it out and cut himself, plus then it took two adults to remove it.

Dog had bleeding mouth and swollen at the back of his mouth.

Sam
Sam

Diarrhea

I had my daughter dog sit for me. My dog started getting horrible diarrhea. He was given these dentastix by my exhusband, thinking he, was giving the dog a treat. Do not give these to your dog.

Dog Foods

Find out how Pedigree DentaStix compares to other Dog Foods

Nik96
Nik96Stony Point

Cleaning vomit for 2 days

I don't know what motivated me to by anything made by Pedigree. I know better. We buy nothing from Purina or Pedigree. But I did. I bought the Dentastix. I gave about 4 of the stix over a two day period. On the evening of the second day my dog vomited all through the house. And refused food for two days. My Vet found nothing wrong except what he felt was a mild case of food poisoning. The pedigree dentistix went where all Pedigree and Purina products should go ... in the garbage. I apologized to my dog for my thoughtlessness.

Jaffa
JaffaBrisbane6 posts
zeus
zeus

rip off

The first dentastix size were hard and good size.Now they are small , soft and more expensive as they used to be Typical for a good product to go down the drain for greed.Shame on you pedigree.

Jaz
Jaz

My dog's favourite

My active border collie x has had pedigree Dentastix since he was a pup. He is now 2 and a half years old and always gets complimented on how white his teeth are. My boy is very fussy and these are one of the few treats he gets excited for.

Also, they are reasonably prices, and I can usually get the value pack for $12-$13 from the shops.

I have never personally experienced any problems with the product, but would reccomend not leaving dogs alone with them, as our other dog rips chunks off and tries to swallow them whole- could pose a choking hazard.

Also, would be on the look out for potenial allergy problems reguarding the ingredients.

Kath
Kath
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Large Dogs

Horrific allergy causing crap, buyers beware,!!!

These so-called teeth cleaners for dogs are the worst thing you can give your pooch, firstly they are full of nasty ingredients a dog or anything else shouldn't be eating, secondly they can cause allergies(my poor girls eye swells up and she gets fungal infections in her facial creases and she gets ear infections too if she eats so much as a single one. I will never buy them again, raw meaty bones are much better and cheaper than these poisonous little sticks and that's what I'll be giving my girl in future, and the odd carrot

Crusader
Crusader

Not fair pedigree!!!

I buy the large dentastix for our dogs and, don't get me wrong, they love them. However, there is definitely something shifty going on, they seem to be shrinking! Seems we are not only getting slugged with price increases but the size of the dentastix is decreasing...twice over the last couple of months in fact! Not fair pedigree!!!

catcrazy
catcrazyvictoria, 346412 posts

great treat

our corgis love these and have cleaned their teeth up really well and both dogs love them so much. Every morning they are so excited to get their dentastix

Daisy
Daisy
  Verified Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs
VINPOLL
VINPOLLAdelaide8 posts

rip off !!!!

although dogs seem to love this product i find them so unfair if you have a small dog, as the large dog gets 7 sticks weight is 270 grams, the medium dog gets 7 sticks weight is 180 grams, the small dogs gets 7 sticks weight is 110 grams and they are all the same price, i have wrote to this company to say the smaller dog should get more sticks and it should go by weight and their response was just because its smaller does'nt mean it cost less to manufacture, so all you people with the smaller dogs do what i do and buy the large dog packet and cut them in half then you will get 14 sticks which is what the smaller dog should get..lift your game pedigree

tiggy234
tiggy234AU67 posts

Dentastix

We have a small dog and raw bones are to large. He does have raw chicken necks in the morning and biscuits from the vet in the afternoon, but he still has tarta, not a lot but still a concern when the vet wants $359 to clean his teeth. Anyway bought dentastix for small dogs. He has had 1 a day for 6 days, there is not a sign of tarta on his teeth now and the redness around his gums is going down. Having said that I am very concerned about the bad reviews. I think I will cut the stick into 3 and give him 1/3 once a week. have had no negative side effects so far.

Has anyone any info on FANGERS Dental Sticks - Veggie ? Australian company, trying to find out ingredients and if any one has had any negative effects.

Dog Foods

Find out how Pedigree DentaStix compares to other Dog Foods

sally
sally

great product

I'm not sure whether it fixes the tartar on his teeth but our dog refuses to eat dry food so we give it to him as his breath smells bad. You can instantly tell the difference when he's had his dentastix

Jen H
Jen HBrisbane2 posts
  Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Disappointed and let down but false claim that Dentastix equals healthy teeth and gums

I believed that daily Dentastix would prevent dental problems in my dog. He's 5 years old Dachshund and he's had a Dentastix every day since he was a puppy. His most recent vet check found gum disease and 2 bad teeth. My dog is only fed quality dog food, never human food, and he has a daily Dentastix, so how can he have bad teeth? I feel like I was conned by Pedigree, letting me believe that Dentastix would ensure my dog has healthy teeth. My dog really loves his Dentastix, they're his favourite treat but the claim of dental health is a false claim