Listing monitored by Pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Plan Cost per Month$32.00
pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
Included Data per Month1 GB
sam
samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Plan Cost per Month$29.95
Included Data per Month20 GB
Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Plan Cost per Month$7.69
Included Data per Month1 GB
Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Mark
MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB

Not Applicable
Not ApplicableGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Get what you pay for

Technical service is okay (considering its Telstra, not Pennytel). No option for international MMS bundle. Don't understand privacy and spam. "We're here to help" is a contradiction in terms. No option to remove from "Marketing" emails, might have to look elsewhere because of this single issue.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Nic_Fuller
Nic_FullerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Service is so very dubious that I cannot rely on it.

Grabben Gullen, NSW 2583 has incredibly poor coverage making farm/business life so very hard.
Are there any plans to improve this area?
Currently school children are unable to access the internet with their Google Classroom work.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Nick Horn
Nick HornNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good plan but max data rules not properly explained

Positives
1. This and other Pennytel mobile plans are well priced and generally well explained in its marketing.
2. Mobile reception is excellent.
3. Customer service is excellent. Each time I have contacted customer service I have spoken to a real person without delay and each time the immediate issue was dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
Negatives
1. Our initial bill was incorrect. It applied a discount only to one account not both. Also the first bill after we changed our plan recently was incorrect (we were overcharged).
2. The charge for using data over the allowance seems punitive ($10 for 1 GB)
3. The charge for using data over the allowance is not advertised up front at all. This is deceptive.

Plan Cost per Month$24.99

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Some issue in rural areas

On a recent trip through wheat belt Western Australia , we had no signal coverage whereas our other Telstra phone had mostly good signal . We are not satisfied with the Pennytel coverage and intend moving this number back to Telstra .

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month4 GB
roscoe
roscoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Price However

I changed to Pennytel as their pricing is incredible compared to the big player. However I has been disappointing in coverage. Data downloads I don't care about just pure coverage. We live in Cleveland Qld which should give us a better service.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month2 GB
Keith Norris
Keith NorrisSydney, NSW

Satisfied Customer

Meets my requirements - at this stage I'm getting the service I am paying for, no mean feat in this day and age. Pending country travel will be the true test.

Plan Cost per Month$29.00