Pennytel (page 2 of 6)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Jennifer
Jennifer

great so far

Very good reception were we live but going out to the farm which is 92km from our home, not always that good but neither is Telstra used by our family out there

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month25 GB
pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Pennytel provides 4G access for my smart phone

I have had no issue with coverage, all phone calls have been OK
The data download speed is fine for how and what I use the phone for, i.e. make data calls iPhone to iPhone, looking up webpages / urls and using the iPhone as a data connection hot spot for my work when working on sites with no physical internet connection available for my Laptop. Same as Telstra 4G service

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month6 GB
TO'B
TO'BHunter Region, NSW

Could do a little better

My wife wants to enter the Channel 7 Sunrise Cash Cow competition, however, I have been advised that the Cash Cow Entry SMS number (19777077) is deemed to be a premium service. Any chance of a change to allow her entry into the competition?

Geoff
GeoffPerth, WA

So far so good.

Have had no problems with phone calls, and internet on the phone has been the same. I don't use the internet on the phone much, but when I have had problems it has probably been the Samsdung mob, or Goofle interfering, or maybe some Russians. Who can tell these days. Pennytel seems like a simple, effective service.

Satisfied
SatisfiedHunter Region, NSW

It’s ok!

No problem with network coverage so far. No drop-outs but I have had delays in delivery of messages. I don’t often download data so can’t evaluate it. Response to enquiries was very quick and helpful.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a very good service with a tendency to become better.

I am retired. For the purpose of occasional use with family, as a security backup with banks and eventual emergency calls works perfectly. Not nagging and not trying aggressively to sell new telephone subscription products is particularly valued.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
sam
samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Happy with Pennytel

This has been as good if not better than the major providers. Very good value for money. The data speeds have been good and very few drop outs where we live

Plan Cost per Month$10.00

Burradoo consumer.
Burradoo consumer.Illawarra, NSW

Southern highlands experience

We are new to this area & have found both Telstra & Optus coverage is weak with frequent dropouts. Happy with Pennytel service but would request the reporting of suboptimal mobile coverage in the Bowral region.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew

BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected

Plan Cost per Month$15.99
Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW

Cost is affordable for pensioner.

Do have calls dropout and noises on line. Service should be better. Considering it is 2020 the strength of signal should be 100% calls should not cut off at anytime.

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month5 GB
Ella MPennytel

Happy with the service so far

We are not big users of the phone and we have it as a second phone to keep in touch with each other and for safety reasons when out and about.Service and availability hasn’t been any problem.l like the fact that we are contacted to inform us you have received our payment.

Kriss
Kriss

Very good data and reception

Mostly better than the optus network. Data speen was a bit patchy in the Bulli area. Excellent A1 in Shoalhaven Heads. Network coverage is diferent to Optus but as acceptable.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Plan Cost per Month$29.95
Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00

Happy chappy

Network is reliable dropouts are minimal data speed fast enough for me as I am not running a business I hot spot my laptop from my phone that suits me fine

Ella MPennytel

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Plan Cost per Month$7.69
Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Review Two.

reliable network, just a little problem with bad connection to staff when making a query, hard to clearly hear. But overall satisfied. No data problems....and don't know WHY I've been charged for overseas call or missed call?

Plan Cost per Month$29.99
kleegwater
kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Greg
GregRivett 2611, ACT

Good no fuss service delivery and billing.

Geographic coverage has been good and reliable. Billing has been painless and service quality perfect. Very happy with my move to Pennytel and look forward to continued high service levels.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00