Pennytel (page 3 of 6)

MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Bob Bishop
Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Eddy
Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Bac L.
Bac L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent when the service Activation successfully

Activation with Port-in from Optus network is terrible, it takes too long and fail sometime. I have to web chat to get the service going. It sometime partially activated (i.e. Can receive calls but can't make going call). Please improve the activation process with port-in from Optus network.

Joyce
Joyce

Be much better if unlimited data was offered

Network coverage is excellent. Have only occassionally experienced call drop out, but prior to signing up with Pennytel had contant call drop out with the other provider. So am happy.
Data download speed is pretty quick

Peggy B
Peggy BNorth-East, TAS

Not bad at all

It is good most of the time. Sometimes phone won't let me answer a call but that could be phone not Pennytel's fault. I get as good a go as if with Telstra but less than half the price.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Service is working well

So far I have found Pennytel's service to be as satisfactory as my previous telco. I have not had any major problems with few dropouts and the data download speed appears to be fine.

Rod L.
Rod L.Sydney, NSW

great service

good coverage and no dropouts and no problems with the service at a very good price for both of our phones with plenty of data and great customer service and mothley statments

Ella MPennytel

Quite good Except can’t receive verification codes

Phone and data, customer services are good. Just don’t know why can’t receive verification codes from Google, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Can this be fixed? This is no good and troublesome being not be able to receive those codes. Otherwise, everything ok.

pete
peteMurray Mallee, SA

this is so good lots better

oh this is lots better than my last provider with the same coverage but for a lot better price. have not
experinced any dropouts. have not had any dramas with the contract

Raj Chandra
Raj ChandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Satisfied customer

Network is reliable and we had no issues to report so far . Download speed is good and we have not had any dropouts so far although we hardly traveled from home because of the coronavirus restrictions

Gwyn
GwynCentral West, NSW

VALUE FOR MONEY

So far every bit as good as our previous supplier at a fraction of the cost which to my wife and I is an important consideration as we are on the Aged Pension.
I have noticed no difference in the download speed.
Generally a very satisfied customer.

Fantastic Service

I needed help within new connection, the Customer Help Dept. were very helpful an made the transition very easy to understand and implement.
Well done your help was very much appreciated.

k2surf
k2surfCentral West, NSW

Great price for a Telstra network!

We use the 3G network and we have never had a problem with drop outs or bad reception. In the country we need a provider that uses the Telstra network and Pennytel was one of the only ones that gives your voicemail.

Not Applicable
Not ApplicableGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Get what you pay for

Technical service is okay (considering its Telstra, not Pennytel). No option for international MMS bundle. Don't understand privacy and spam. "We're here to help" is a contradiction in terms. No option to remove from "Marketing" emails, might have to look elsewhere because of this single issue.

Nic_Fuller
Nic_FullerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Service is so very dubious that I cannot rely on it.

Grabben Gullen, NSW 2583 has incredibly poor coverage making farm/business life so very hard.
Are there any plans to improve this area?
Currently school children are unable to access the internet with their Google Classroom work.

Tommy G.
Tommy G.Peel, WA

Easy to see what you have left, not for some country areas FB & Gmail work fast enough for me on a basic Alcatel U5 ph.

Works well in suburbia but not in some Western Australian country areas that we have visited recently. At Calingiri people with Telstra had good reception we had none. At Jarradale

Denis J
Denis JMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent value and service

Haven't had any dropouts and everything is going OK. What else can I say to make up to 30 words. Why do you want 30 words?
don't download much data, so can't say

mirebarb
mirebarbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with service

So far I’m happy with service. Staff courteous and helpful. Have recommended Pennytel to my friends and family. I appreciate that my payment is acknowledged every month. Thank you. Regards

Tineke
Tineke

Mobile services

We use this service as a backup to other internet. We have no problems receiving phone calls nor making them except in some areas of Tasmania.we are quite happy around.

Lynnette A.
Lynnette A.Sydney, NSW

pretty good ,

very happy with the service so far. I only ever get one bar for network coverage and it does not work on trains. It never drops out, except on the train. Very happy with the price

Ella MPennytel

I have been able to use the service in several places, as I am only a low user I find it suits my needs.

I have had coverage where needed and no drop outs, I travel quite a bit and need to keep in contact with my family. The cheaper rate than other providers is wonderful.

Keith
KeithSydney, NSW

Great value service

I signed up to pennytel for my wife to use as she’s a ‘low’ user and this service looked like good value. It is! Perfect for her at a very good price and coverage is also very good for where we travel.

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers