Pennytel (page 4 of 6)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Marty
MartyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I am happy with service I wish I could share my data with my family members from time to time.

Happy with little Drop outs. Sometimes speed are slow but generally pretty good. Cant help it when you drive through black spots. Let's hope they build more towers so no more drop outs

Leslie C.
Leslie C.Hunter Region, NSW

Could be better signal only 2 bars in regional area

Very good service , is reliable however disappointing as only 2 bars and using Telstra lines I expected better.
Would like access to 1900 numbers for competitions, no real issues or dropouts that I’ve experienced

Ella MPennytel

Great value and coverage. Found a plan here that others could not match.

Have yet to experience a drop out. Now that my nbn is down I rely on my phone more and it is up to the job of browsing at acceptable speeds.

GJK
GJK

PENNYTEL

A very good service. No drop outs as yet with voice calls (benefit of sub to Telstra). Pay for what you use, half the cost and double the data, with no messages like "emergency calls only" as with my previous provider. The only thing I have found is that answers to texts do not always go through. Otherwise tops.

Jake
JakeNorthern Region, NSW

Great value and service but Nokia 3.2 is very average

I was drawn to Pennytel for the price and the Telstra coverage, which I need in this hilly rural area. No problems and service is excellent. However, the Nokia 3.2 phone I purchased is a lemon and I am returning it. Not a reflection on Pennytel service, but they need to have Nokia improve the phones they offer.

Mikey C
Mikey CMid North Coast, NSW

Quite Good

Enjoy being able to speak to a person. Dropouts only occasionally. I will recommend to friends & family if they are looking for a new service provider. Data speed is OK.

Improvement on Eyre

Spent a week at Streaky Bay without coverage
Wholesale Telsta network not as broad a cover as I had hoped this may be an issue when travelling in regional areas?
Otherwise customer service great

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
jeff
jeffSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good

I am happy with the service provided. I have experienced no faults with the system. However I believe I am not fully using the phone as there may be a number of uses I am not aware of. An instruction manual would help.

Tasliz
Tasliz

Nearly perfect.

Had a problem when with coverage, Pennytel were a bit slow in responding to my query. The solutions they provided finally worked. Other than that i have had no problems. Their website is excellent, being able to swap and change plans is a great feature.

all good

help full when calling for information
network coverage has not been an issue to date
data speed has been good to date
changing over network has worked ok
charges are competitive
sending bill instead of requiring direct debit is a very important factor

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

It is as good, if not just better than the providers I have used in the past.

A good service with good coverage. Dealing with the Pennytel people has also been very good, even those in the Philippines call centre, and this is quite rare these days.

Denis Solari
Denis SolariSydney, NSW

No dropouts and data downloads quite good. I was with Telstra foe many years and can honestly say I am far better off with Pennytel both as to its service as well as to its cost. My wife's mobile is covered by a Telstra contract expiring in January next and she will be switching to Pennytel at that time.

Anthony
AnthonyVictoria

Easier than I thought to switch providers

no issues with either coverage or speed. Easier than I thought to switch providers. Had been with Telstra since I first bought a mobile phone. Better value for money with Pennytel.

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quite satisfied.

I think it is obvious that call history should be able to be deleted.I am happy with calls,texts etc and dont use data so cant commit on it.Overall quite good.

Remnlynn
Remnlynn

Professional approach

The reason I left Pennytel was the dropouts which I didn't experience before eg sitting down and leaning forward and the call would drop out. I reverted to my previous telco and Penny tel were extremely understanding and professional when transferring my old number back.

Rob H
Rob H

Totally satisfied with the coverage.

I've had the service for two months now and am totally satisfied with the coverage. Keep up the good work.
I did have a problem with the billing at first however that has been sorted out and everything is working well.

Denise
DeniseWimmera, VIC

Pennytel is really good

I would like to be able to access my starement online, showing amounts paid and when. I,m flying a bit blind when its comes to my payment history. Thank you.

Jill W.
Jill W.Western District, VIC

Pennytel service

So far, I am very pleased with my coverage. I have not experienced any dropouts and data speeds are better than previous supplier. I would, and have, recommended Pennytel to anyone

Nick Horn
Nick HornNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good plan but max data rules not properly explained

Positives
1. This and other Pennytel mobile plans are well priced and generally well explained in its marketing.
2. Mobile reception is excellent.
3. Customer service is excellent. Each time I have contacted customer service I have spoken to a real person without delay and each time the immediate issue was dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
Negatives
1. Our initial bill was incorrect. It applied a discount only to one account not both. Also the first bill after we changed our plan recently was incorrect (we were overcharged).
2. The charge for using data over the allowance seems punitive ($10 for 1 GB)
3. The charge for using data over the allowance is not advertised up front at all. This is deceptive.

Hello
HelloSydney, NSW

Good service but...

All the above is good but I was told I cant have call waiting. Thats a bit disappointing
Also when I was in Singapore I had roaming on, had coverage by the bars at the top of the phone but when I went to use it got an error message... not connected to network

Great value for pensioners

Had a couple of drop outs but that was when Telstra was non exsistant
Download isn’t to bad given where we ( in the bush) would be good to have faster download

Ella MPennytel

Some issue in rural areas

On a recent trip through wheat belt Western Australia , we had no signal coverage whereas our other Telstra phone had mostly good signal . We are not satisfied with the Pennytel coverage and intend moving this number back to Telstra .

Ella MPennytel

Great service and no problems

No problems with service. Staff always ready to help with any issues. I appreciated being informed when my data was getting low. As it turned out my phone had dropped out of the WiFi I was using and had switched over to Pennytel without my knowledge. I also appreciated the fact that when I did use all of my data it didn't automatically charge me extra.

John W.
John W.Sydney, NSW

Smooth Transfer

Porting the mobile to Pennytel was smooth and prompt. As soon as I noticed that the old service was terminated, I loaded the new SIM and connection was automatic from there. Billing was correct and payments went through with no problem. The Pennytel app is simple but provides an up-to-date measure of remaining data allowance.

Brian Atkins
Brian AtkinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good coverage, good service

The service has been reliable and haven't encountered any problems with coverage. Whilst the customer support is good it seems as if it's based overseas which is a little dissapointing but most are like this these days

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers