jp88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Forget them, move on to another Telco

Don't expect any service whatsoever. The don't reply to emails, or "contact us' forms in their website. And these days thier deals are not outsanding. As well as that, they throttle the connection.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
jp88

No worries, ported out already.

Dreadful Customer Service

Network has been down for 5 days and despite multiple calls and emails there has been no resolution. Not our handsets as they work at the next town. Why can’t Pennytel do some decent troubleshooting with Telstra to fix the issue? There appears to be no tech savvy staff on the help line. Stressful when trying to stay in touch with family in hospital.! Service has been faultless for 18 months, but 5 days off air is unacceptable, now transitioning to another provider.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month18 GB
Paul
Paul

0417851232 and 0402552618

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this. I will look into this today for you.

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nope.

I changed provider because I struggled with Optus signal ... ..now signal is worse!! And just to add insult to injury after submitting a query regarding this I am now left with out a phone service god knows why!
My payment details are recorded on my account. ...yet they have not used it..instead barred me. I can't even call to fix it!
I'm a single mum, have a chronic illness I'm and injured. I cannot be without a phone!
When I get time I will be changing providers.

Plan Cost per Month$15.99

Plan Cost per Month$32.00
Included Data per Month20 GB
Kerrie
KerrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother with this service

Service is ok until you go west of the dividing range then you get nothing! Telstra or Boost is the only way to go if you want to explore the country. Back up service from Pennytel non existent.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Richard
RichardSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed!

Unlike the excellent connectivity experience with Telstra prior to switching to Pennytel, the mobile connection is now unreliable anywhere on the property, including in the living room and non-existent in the bedroom and elsewhere. Dropouts are the norm such that I cannot use the mobile without, in frustration, switching to the landline to continue or complete conversations. The phone I am using is a Samsung Galaxy A30 and have no reason to suspect it is the phone causing the problem

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Tobes
TobesHunter Region, NSW

Sending pictures on messager

I reported the fact photos sent via messenger weren't transmitting your staff said they would investigate.. I'm still experiencing this problem hopefully someone will take the time to fix problem..

Helen
Helen

Sorely Disappointing

We couldn't get wireless coverage to operate with the SIM and plan we'd bought and even tried talking with the support team which deflected everything back to us as the user so we went to Boost and their SIM and similar plan enabled WiFi to activate immediately.

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month4 GB
David S.
David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Please be careful in signing up to pennytel! Made my life hell.

Network coverage is TERRIBLE. I have a business and have lost customers over this terrible network.
I contacted Pennytel with no reply / follow up to request why my mobile phone service was so bad.
I then contacted Pennytel to change providers to Vodafone and Pennytel have made my life a LIVING NIGHTMARE. I would not given them 1 star if I had their option. Please be careful in signing up to pennytel!

Jack
Jack

Over 20 years the most expensive and useless disaster...but lasted when others sank with our money

Desmond
DesmondMandurah

False Misleading in formation

Pennytel is providing misleading information regarding coverage which is very unethical.
Not happy at all and hence cancelled this service. For city areas it is fine but not so for country areas

Plan Cost per Month$19.95
Greg towers
Greg towersMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

I was in the Northern Territory last week and Pennytel did not work at in hardly any places ?????

hardly work any were only in larger cities it did work in kingash bay caravan park the only remote place that it did work.
I did around 7000 km and had no service ????

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month4 GB
jan r
jan rForster

Disgusting

Got SIM card easily and from there it was downhill ALL THE WAY.
They couldn’t give me the number I wanted so I cancelled.
I kept getting bills and EXPLAINED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS that I had CANCELLED without ever using it....debt collection next for a cancelled sim..wth?
4 months later MAYBE we are getting somewhere???

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Jan
JanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Statement debacle

Have really great reception whilst at home, however when travelling in Qld had none. Found this disappointing as other Telstra users had plenty of coverage. had to travel 60 kms for reception . Staff helpful. When travelling again
would need map of areas covered. Len

Plan Cost per Month$36.00

Wrong Charges

Pennytel have done the same,incorrectly charge for Video calls that the phone cannot make.2nd month they have done it,this time I gave them the make & model to prove that it was not possible,Over the 6 months,I am sick of COMPLAINING about incorrect charges being applied to this account,IT IS EXTREMELY TIME WASTING & should Never have Happened

Plan Cost per Month$0.00

account Number 725352

Roger
Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,
Brendon

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Brendon

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers