Florence HaranSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the replacement sim !!!!!

My network is not working so therefore I can not really comment until I get the replacemnt sim card.
Paolo who helped me organise he new sim was great and went up and beyond to help but if this is how long it takes to get a replacement then I don't know if I will still be a customer.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month1 GB

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00

Poor reception

I changed from Vodafone hoping to get better coverage on the Telstra network. I live only 150 metres from a tower and reception is poor, like about 2 bars.(I got 5 on Vodafone) All around Perth reception is poor. Be changing out in under a month. Was a waste of time.

Plan Cost per Month$12.00
Included Data per Month0 GB
Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

tigre
tigreAU

Unexplained delays in SMSes and no response to support ticket

On 3 different occasions with 2 different senders, I had an unexplained delay in receiving SMSes by 35 minutes each time. I tried to contact Pennytel for support but they never responded to my support request.
When you sign up, you also get called by pushy Indian call centre operators if you don't activate your account within a certain period.

Roger
Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,
Brendon

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Brendon

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers