Pennytel

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Plan Cost per Month$7.69
Included Data per Month1 GB
Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB
Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Nic_Fuller
Nic_FullerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Service is so very dubious that I cannot rely on it.

Grabben Gullen, NSW 2583 has incredibly poor coverage making farm/business life so very hard.
Are there any plans to improve this area?
Currently school children are unable to access the internet with their Google Classroom work.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
Nick Horn
Nick HornNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good plan but max data rules not properly explained

Positives
1. This and other Pennytel mobile plans are well priced and generally well explained in its marketing.
2. Mobile reception is excellent.
3. Customer service is excellent. Each time I have contacted customer service I have spoken to a real person without delay and each time the immediate issue was dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
Negatives
1. Our initial bill was incorrect. It applied a discount only to one account not both. Also the first bill after we changed our plan recently was incorrect (we were overcharged).
2. The charge for using data over the allowance seems punitive ($10 for 1 GB)
3. The charge for using data over the allowance is not advertised up front at all. This is deceptive.

Plan Cost per Month$24.99
Included Data per Month10 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
James
JamesSydney, NSW

Happy with performance so far No major hassles.

Happy with service no problems so far
Some drop out in Bathurst no service in drive through Blue Mountains downloads ok I use my home wifi for most of my downloada

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Ron CugleyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Phone review

I have had frequent dropouts with the phone, and the internet data wont load inside the house and is not fast enough thanks a part from that the service is not to bad

Plan Cost per Month$29.95