EDDIE
EDDIEEyre Peninsula, SA

Seems ok at the moment.

Network coverage seems ok at the moment, haven't been out of town yet to try further afield.
Will be going to Adelaide this weekend.
Data download speeds seem to be ok at the moment.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Plan Cost per Month$9.98
Peter
PeterCanberra

Good value

Coverage seems ok for our area. We are a long way from any tower. Download speeds are quite good and I appreciated the extra data included in my basic package.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected

Plan Cost per Month$15.99

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

Plan Cost per Month$10.99

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Included Data per Month10 GB

Eddy
Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Plan Cost per Month$10.99

Bac L.
Bac L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent when the service Activation successfully

Activation with Port-in from Optus network is terrible, it takes too long and fail sometime. I have to web chat to get the service going. It sometime partially activated (i.e. Can receive calls but can't make going call). Please improve the activation process with port-in from Optus network.

Plan Cost per Month$1.00
Rod L.
Rod L.Sydney, NSW

great service

good coverage and no dropouts and no problems with the service at a very good price for both of our phones with plenty of data and great customer service and mothley statments

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB
Raj Chandra
Raj ChandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Satisfied customer

Network is reliable and we had no issues to report so far . Download speed is good and we have not had any dropouts so far although we hardly traveled from home because of the coronavirus restrictions

Plan Cost per Month$19.95
Included Data per Month4 GB
Tommy G.
Tommy G.Peel, WA

Easy to see what you have left, not for some country areas FB & Gmail work fast enough for me on a basic Alcatel U5 ph.

Works well in suburbia but not in some Western Australian country areas that we have visited recently. At Calingiri people with Telstra had good reception we had none. At Jarradale

Plan Cost per Month$29.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
Denis J
Denis JMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent value and service

Haven't had any dropouts and everything is going OK. What else can I say to make up to 30 words. Why do you want 30 words?
don't download much data, so can't say

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Lynnette A.
Lynnette A.Sydney, NSW

pretty good ,

very happy with the service so far. I only ever get one bar for network coverage and it does not work on trains. It never drops out, except on the train. Very happy with the price

Plan Cost per Month$15.00

Roger
Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,
Brendon

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Brendon

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers