Pennytel (page 2 of 48)

Pennytel provides 4G access for my smart phone

I have had no issue with coverage, all phone calls have been OK
The data download speed is fine for how and what I use the phone for, i.e. make data calls iPhone to iPhone, looking up webpages / urls and using the iPhone as a data connection hot spot for my work when working on sites with no physical internet connection available for my Laptop. Same as Telstra 4G service

Plan Cost per MonthA$19.99
Included Data per Month6 GB
SuzP

SuzPSouth West, WA

Happy I made the switch!

Excellent coverage & I haven't experienced any dropouts. I find the download speeds are fast enough for me I am happy with the service I receive as well as the cost.

Plan Cost per MonthA$15.00
Gromolpian

GromolpianRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Hands down the best value anywhere

I can only speak for my own experience, but for me Pennytel's coverage (for my mobile phone use) is excellent. The cheap rates caught my eye, and I pay $7.69 per month for the smallest plan (seniors promo) for the first 4 months. After that it will be approx' $11. Even when it changes to the new rate, it is still great deal. If there is a better one, I've yet to find it. The fact that Pennytel uses the Telstra Mobile Network, was the clincher for me to try them. So without a doubt, they have my vote. Bravo!

Allison

AllisonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

5GB plan

We have found the network coverage very good. Have not experienced any signifiant drop outs with our service. Data download speeds are good most of the time. Most apps will load quickly.

Plan Cost per MonthA$16.99
Included Data per Month5 GB
TO'B

TO'BHunter Region, NSW

Could do a little better

My wife wants to enter the Channel 7 Sunrise Cash Cow competition, however, I have been advised that the Cash Cow Entry SMS number (19777077) is deemed to be a premium service. Any chance of a change to allow her entry into the competition?

Tony Deavin

Tony DeavinSydney, NSW

Disappointed with internet poor reception on the phone at Burraneer Bay Rd Caringbah South

Very poor internet and cannot rely on this. If you need internet from phone I would not recommend. Phone was working OK at Cronulla but now at Caringbah south coverage is poor and we have to stand outside otherwise we have drop outs and calls go directly to messages and is not working for us at the moment.

Plan Cost per MonthA$29.00
Included Data per Month20 GB
Geoff

GeoffPerth, WA

So far so good.

Have had no problems with phone calls, and internet on the phone has been the same. I don't use the internet on the phone much, but when I have had problems it has probably been the Samsdung mob, or Goofle interfering, or maybe some Russians. Who can tell these days. Pennytel seems like a simple, effective service.

Mark Mc

Mark McPerth, WA

great plan for a low user

Have been with Pennytel 16 months. Very happy. Great price plan for my needs. Very happy overall. Have recommended to others. Found it very easy to move over my service, also my wife's.

Gloria

GloriaHunter Region, NSW

Great around town but no good in the outer regions

Used them price is great but only for city use suppose to use telstra coverage but go to the smaller regional towns no coverage. Took my phone around our great country but very rarely could I use it

allen kidd

allen kiddMid North Coast, NSW

Just great!

No dropouts, just a great connection. So much better than our previous provider and a heck of a lot cheaper. We tell our friends about Pennytel. Keep up the great work. Phew 30 words is hard work in the positive.

Included Data per Month2 GB
Ella MPennytel

No service for FOUR weeks and still not fixed.

Plan Cost per MonthA$25.00
Included Data per Month15 GB
James
James
Tanya

TanyaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great sim only rates

These plans are great for those not wishing to purchase a new handset. Personally I wanted unlimited calls and texts with not much data but you can increase your download for not that much extra cost. Transfer of service went smoothly.

Satisfied

SatisfiedHunter Region, NSW

It’s ok!

No problem with network coverage so far. No drop-outs but I have had delays in delivery of messages. I don’t often download data so can’t evaluate it. Response to enquiries was very quick and helpful.

Plan Cost per MonthA$15.00
Ella MPennytel

Have not encountered a less competent organisation

When I attempted to transfer my service to PennyTel, I encountered numerous delays. When I attempted to cancel the transfer, I got an email confirming the cancellation. However, when I tried to use an alternative provider, they were unable to accept my transfer because PennyTel was blocking it! Eventually, PenyTel took over my service!! Go figure.

Plan Cost per MonthA$16.00
Included Data per Month4 GB
beechies

beechiessydney

RUBBISH PRODUCT

I have been with penny tel for 9 days , still unable to make or receive calls, only get messages. Been on to Pennytel, they said it is my phone at fault. The phone was working fine with my previous provider, I have even tried friends sim cards in my phone...it works fine...the people I have spoken to at Pennytel have been unwilling or incapable of fixing the problem.

Helly

Helly

Great customer service and you can talk to a real person on the phone

If you call, you can speak to someone straight away which is great customer service. They are very helpful and I have had a carefree service. Very pleasant and prompt.

Plan Cost per MonthA$9.34
A B

A BSydney, NSW

Good deal for seniors who need an affordable pre-paid plan for their mobile use.

Network reliability is OK. I haven't experienced dropout so far.
I can't comment on data download as I only use it when I participated survey which is not a regular activity.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a very good service with a tendency to become better.

I am retired. For the purpose of occasional use with family, as a security backup with banks and eventual emergency calls works perfectly. Not nagging and not trying aggressively to sell new telephone subscription products is particularly valued.

sam

samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Lorr.

Lorr.South East Queensland, QLD

Very good service.

I have just started using a smart phone and I am very happy with the help I received from Pennytel to get started. I have recommended Pennytel to many other people.

Plan Cost per MonthA$12.00