Pennytel (page 2 of 54)

Great deal for when you just need calls and texting

I wanted a plan for a child's first phone that had unlimited calls but limited data...this was it! Very easy to sign up, receive the SIM card and activate. It was such a good plan that I set up my father-in-law with the same plan.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pennytel Review

Pennytel are the best mobile plan i have ever had. I would highly recommend pennytel to anyone and have done on numerous occasions. I have never had the least bit of trouble with Pennytel

Excellent service and value for money

Usually reliable doesn't seem to drop out any more than Telstra. Download speeds are adequate for my needs. Had Telstra for many years and have noticed very little difference between them.

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

You can still keep your Telstra number when you port across

I helped my mum switch from Telstra mobile to Pennytel mobile and it was as easy as changing the SIM card (once it arrives in the post) and calling a Pennytel rep to help me set it up in several minutes. She has kept her original Telstra number.

Jan

JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

We have three mobile phones with Pennytel. None of us use our phones often but have found Pennytel excellent. Coverage is great in our regional area and for people who don't use mobile phones for anything other than to make an occasional call, the cost is good and, unlike some other providers, not a waste of money. The staff are genuinely courteous, respectful and professional - and not patronisingly so like some Telcos.

Transferring to Pennytel

I would like to switch my Telstra phone over to Pennytel keeping my Telstra number I have read that this can take a couple of weeks I would not have mobile phone coverage for that time. Is there a solution please? I also would like to setup my wifes Telstra phone with Pennytel
regards
Keith Winkler

KEITH
KEITH

Thanks Brendon I already have a Pennytel # I am talking about porting my currect Telstra # to Pennytel
Regards
Keith Winkler

Economical good service

Coverage of the Telstra network at an economical price. More than doubled my data allowance at no extra cost soon after I joined! No problems with reception or download speed.

Jill Bartlett

Jill BartlettIllawarra, NSW

Penny tell is great

Good coverage everywhere and great download speed. You can always speak to friendly staff if you need queries answered
My husband and I are both with Pennytell
and are very happy with prices and service

Jon

JonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Actual Service

Speed could be faster for streaming, but is generally adequate. Coverage is spotty in Little River. Do have dropouts generally a couple of times a day but not serious if not in a hurry.

Excellent customer service

Have not received any dropouts, network coverage great, fast download
Best customer service I have ever received from a Telco Love the referral system where you get paid for referring others

Terry Amos

Terry AmosPerth, WA

Best mobile service

We haven't experienced any network issues at all. The signup process was flawless and as an added bonus I received extra credit for signing up my wife's phone, as did she. Love it!!

Shaun

ShaunMid North Coast, NSW

So much better than my old provider

I can't fault pennytels service my family and friends are all hooked up and we are all happy with the service and tech support plus the bonus credits for referring other people

Pennytel is very good compare with my previous MB provide

Pentel 'serveice is very good, 100% reliable network coverag, perfect ! receiption is much better than my previous service provider. but sometimes download data a bit slow, anyway i am very happy with pentel and have referred two fridands to Pentel.

Ruth S.

Ruth S.Central West, NSW

Price and service are great. Coverage is very widespread, no dropouts and great download speeds. Have recommended to many of my friends. Very happy all round. How do you do it for the price??

Local Reception
shireboy

shireboySydney, NSW

Great value

Cannot fault the service and its great value, no issues at all.. Data download speed is fine for me, but i am not a large data user.. The plan us really good value and I am referring to many friends and that are also with Pennytel

Cheryl

CherylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fine value for money

No drop outs. Reception in my area is low but works fine for my needs. All fine and easy direct debit. Data download is ok used mostly for QR codes for entries.

Roel

RoelCentral West, NSW

This has been one of the best decisions we have made in years.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the reliability of the network and the speed with which it deals with our needs. I am also delighted with the service we get. It is no trouble getting in touch and the personnel are always very helpful and handle our inquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.

Love it

Really good service, fast activation of sim card, and received a free upgrade on my plan at no extra cost! Set up direct debit so I don't have to worry about not paying on time.

Rod

RodSydney, NSW

Very good phone service and customer service

Network coverage has been great so far. Naturally I haven't travelled much but so far so good.
I've not had any dropouts.
Download speed has been very good.
Customer service has been better than expected.

Excellent service

Was looking for a phone service for my mother that would cover her basic phone needs and Pennytel has excelled in these areas. It is also good to be able to speak to someone on the actual phone about any questions or issues you may have about this phone service.

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Chris H

Chris Hasked

I live in Cairns would it work up in the north or only for big cities. ?

Hi Chris,

Apologies on the delayed response.

We use parts of the Telstra 3G/4G network so we most definitely work in Rural areas.

Cheers,
Brendon

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers