Pennytel (page 4 of 45)

4.3

Tracy

TracyWestern District, VIC

Glad I started using Pennytel

I am so happy thst I switched Pennytel I have had no problems with the coverage and it was effortless to start using. It has a great range of affordable plans on offer.

yawood

yawoodMELBOURNE

No complaints at all

I looked for a great service at a good price and I found it in Pennytel. I was with Telstra because of their coverage but they kept putting the price of my plan up so I looked for better value. Pennytel use part of the Telstra network so the coverage is good for the main corridors and their plans are great value which is important for pensioners. We have a smaller plan for my wife and a larger one for me because I run some competitions at the golf club and need more data. We have had zero problems and the switch was very easy.

Phil

PhilCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Professional provider

I chose Pennytel primarily because of price however as a suggestion moving forward, perhaps some advice regarding the implementation of a 5G network would be helful. Until then quite happy.

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

I am impressed with the service

I have no hesitation recommending Pennytel. It is pleasing to be treated as an important customer despite taking the $10.99 p.m. deal. No problems with coverage or drop-outs. I do not use date, so I cannot rate speed.

Allison W.

Allison W.South West, WA

Fantastic service

Everything is going well, no major black spots locally and download speed great. Travelled to Albany last week and there were a few areas that I lost coverage, but expect this would apply to all mobile coverage.

Nelly

NellyHunter Region, NSW

Happy

I have been very happy with Pennytel. The coverage has been great. Just did a trip out west and had coverage the majority of time. Much better coverage where I live than my previous provider. Download time is good too.

Mark

MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Waleed

WaleedSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer service

Horrible Customer service, the response to simple disputes can take months and still unresolved.
Also, overcharge for roaming charges and totally ignorant of how such service works!
This now has to be escalated to TIO.

Very satisfied

Very satisfied. Transfer to Pennytel was seamless. Coverage (in Brisbane anyway) is just as good as with Telstra. Have not had any issue with dropouts or download speeds - very rarely use data anyway,

Bob Bishop

Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Peter D

Peter DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

PennyExcellence!!

The transition to Pennytel was no problem at all. Had a problem with my phone but Pennytel support staff were very good in assisting us. The coverage has been great while we've been with Pennytel, much better than our old Optus coverage. Couldn't be happier.. saving money and great coverage!

Beware

Nah...no good, price reflects the quality

worst experience with a phone company. Could not understand the person's English. They could not assist with transfer - when Telstra (with our other phone) was simple, straight forward and accurate.

Beware

no point...the "support" was so poor I am lucky I did not sign up with Pennytel. Good luck with everything else. I will pay more and sign up with Telstra.

Eddy

Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Ross Nicholls

Ross NichollsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Alternative Provider

Great value, good communicators, faultless and fast service with coverage on the Telstra network. I would highly recommend Pennytel as an alternative telco provider to anyone wanting a better deal.

Carolyn Williams

Carolyn WilliamsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just what I needed, love it

I only have a small data use, so far this is perfect for my needs. So far the coverage has been great and I havent experienced any drop outs of coverage.

Ella M.Pennytel

Didn't ask for phone details - told it's not compatible

When applying I was NOT asked about my phone model. They asked though for various personal data. When tried to activate I was told that my phone is not compatible.

TomS
TomS

CoolMinttA3

Allison

AllisonSouth East Queensland, QLD

very happy

everything I use is great and I like to get the bills by Email and then pay them if I use more data do you contact me? I can't see where I use the data.

Amazing Service

Had same provider for 15 years and was never happy. Pennytel are outstanding with the coverage and service. I should of changed earlier, and the prices are awesome.. Thank You, will certainly recommomend!!

margaret Claughton

margaret ClaughtonWestern District, VIC

Great service, happy I changed my provider

I gave found Pennytel to be very helpful when needed and the change over from my previous provider was a very smooth, seamless and uneventful happening. I couldn't be happier.

Peter M.asked

Hello,Will I be able to use free wifi at home when I start a plan?

Paul
Paul

I don't have any problems using WiFi connected to my home internet.

Peter M.

Hi Paul,I am about to join on a $10 cheaper plan.I dont use alot of data and I dont make many calls.Will my monthly bill be around $10 or will I have extra fees?

Peter M.asked

Hello,I am about to switch from vodafone to Pennytel.I have used free wifi at home to contact friends on messenger .Will I still be able to do that?

Kriss
Kriss

Yes, definately, all plans seem to come with data (like wifi but direct to your phone). Messenger doesnt require a lot of data so you should be good regardless of the plan you choose.

Peter M.

hi Kriss,I I am going to start with the cheapest plan $10. I dont make alot of calls.Will i be paying close to $10 each month or alot more?

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers