Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

pete b.

pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

sam

samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Mark

MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

LynneS

LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Local Reception

Neil

NeilVictoria

Your administration is duplicating work

please do NOT send email invoices when auto payments have been activated and payments withdrawn
Otherwise OK. really dont need more than 16 words to pass this message on. SERVICE GOOD

Anthony S.

Anthony S.Central, TAS

Not good

Service excellent inLaunceston Data usage at lake leake very poor my residence data download speeds are very slow have to go elsewhere to pay bills or to do banking phone service lake leake ok

Local Reception
Not Applicable

Not ApplicableGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Get what you pay for

Technical service is okay (considering its Telstra, not Pennytel). No option for international MMS bundle. Don't understand privacy and spam. "We're here to help" is a contradiction in terms. No option to remove from "Marketing" emails, might have to look elsewhere because of this single issue.

Nic_Fuller

Nic_FullerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Service is so very dubious that I cannot rely on it.

Grabben Gullen, NSW 2583 has incredibly poor coverage making farm/business life so very hard.
Are there any plans to improve this area?
Currently school children are unable to access the internet with their Google Classroom work.

Ella MPennytel

good and has potential to be awesome...

price for data is compatible with competition, however, it is missing the data bank option where unused data rolls over to the next month... come on Penytel and MNF you can do it!

DAveCorowa

no coverage at our home

We still get no coverage unless I go out and stand in the street. When we were away recently, we got good coverage , even on the ship that was way off the coast of Aus. It is much cheaper than the others.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Included Data per Month1 GB
DAve

doesent matter if you have a map, I still get no coverage.

Roger

Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,
Brendon

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Brendon H.Pennytel

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Brendon

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers