Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Nick B.Sydney, NSW

No customer service

Tried to contact customer service twice and you never hear back. Plan went dead mid month and was unable to get any response. Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month8 GB
Nick B.

Good but could be better!

Network coverage mostly ok. Worryingly I did not receive a text a friend confirmed sending on 5/3/22 conveying important information. Data download speeds seem ok. The price is very appealing.

Plan Cost per Month$15.99
Included Data per Month0 GB
Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Arabella, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had missed a text message, we would like to look into this further for you and have sent you a message to assist.

Regards,
The Pennytel Team

Graham
Graham

Disappointed

Unfortunately I had a issue with the sim card. Kept cutting out during calls and sim kept on resetting. Was told to clean sim card which I did but didn't change the outcome. Switched providers to Felix which I've had a awesome outcome with. In switching I was only a couple of days into a new month. Still getting charged the whole $30 which is poor form.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Mark Bibby
Mark BibbyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor reception.

Using the Telstra network you would expect the same coverage but no because Telstra only sell a portion of their signal, not 100%.
Had to change back to Telstra to get a signal strong enough in Alfredton to be able hold a conversation with out drop outs. Same with data we had to use WiFi from the house to get data.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Does not work with Apple imessage!

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Rang support four times, could not fix the problem. Their system does not work with Apple imessage! This was an essential service I required. Apple support Genius told us PennyTel were not good, they tried it themselves and told us they had to change providers. recommend.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB

leave it for another 5 years

coverage went out and stayed out for 10 days, not really good enough, i switched to another tried and operating carrier, not yet up to capacity in my area, would leave of joining in my area till the carrier becomes better know

Plan Cost per Month$12.00
Omar
OmarVictoria

Needs improvement

Classical scenario where I was low on data and they literally couldn't provide me with any solution.
I was 2 weeks away from my rolling date, and low on data. They could only provide me with 1GB top up on my 18GB plan, which is basically useless. Otherwise I would have to wait 2 weeks. They had no way to change my rolling date to be any sooner or to find a work around which is a bit silly for a modern operator. Disappointed, despite waiting on the phone call for them to talk to their specialists etc, as I expected better customer service.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month18 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Plan Cost per Month$32.00
Connie
ConnieNorthern Region, NSW

Not perfect

I wouldnt know because yous disconnected my service and yous werent going to do that until next month but yous did it last week so im not happy at all

Plan Cost per Month$22.49
Included Data per Month15 GB

pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
Included Data per Month1 GB
James

No service for FOUR weeks and still not fixed.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month15 GB
Ella MPennytelSend a private message

Have not encountered a less competent organisation

When I attempted to transfer my service to PennyTel, I encountered numerous delays. When I attempted to cancel the transfer, I got an email confirming the cancellation. However, when I tried to use an alternative provider, they were unable to accept my transfer because PennyTel was blocking it! Eventually, PenyTel took over my service!! Go figure.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month4 GB

sam
samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew
ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Plan Cost per Month$29.95
Included Data per Month20 GB
Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Heather Casked

I have been notified I have used all my data with 5 days to go.What happens now?

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers