Listing monitored by Pennytel

Mary
MarySydney, NSW

A bit slow

I found that when I am out and about, the data speed can be quite slow. However, the phone connections are good. I've experienced dropouts, but usually when driving hands-free.

Pennytel Pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Larry
LarrySydney, NSW

Scam promo offer

Did not get free month as advertised in the Valentine’s Day promo. Feeling ripped off as we signed up within the designated promo time frame. We feel this a scam

Florence HaranSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the replacement sim !!!!!

My network is not working so therefore I can not really comment until I get the replacemnt sim card.
Paolo who helped me organise he new sim was great and went up and beyond to help but if this is how long it takes to get a replacement then I don't know if I will still be a customer.

Fitnesspm
FitnesspmMount Waverley

They keep taking my money out

I wanted a new number so I ordered a new sim card a couple of months ago and cancelled the old number. They keep billing me for the old one where I have called up many times to have it terminated where they said it has been but guess what came up on my bank statement today??? I have cancelled my new number with Pennytel today where they refuse to give me my $24.99 back for my old one even tho it was cancelled months ago. I have called my bank and lodged a dispute and put a block on any more attempts from Pennytel to steal my money.

longbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not get back to you despite numerous promises to do so

I have for some months asked about money which was taken out of my credit card which I did not authorize. After ending emails and phone calls, no one has been able to answer my question or got back to me. This is very poor service. Very disappointing that staff do not keep their word to get back to you. My phone often drops out during phone calls as well.

Account number734774

pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Tony Deavin
Tony DeavinSydney, NSW

Disappointed with internet poor reception on the phone at Burraneer Bay Rd Caringbah South

Very poor internet and cannot rely on this. If you need internet from phone I would not recommend. Phone was working OK at Cronulla but now at Caringbah south coverage is poor and we have to stand outside otherwise we have drop outs and calls go directly to messages and is not working for us at the moment.

sam
samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew
Damien
DamienNew South Wales

Great Price! Terrible Support! Poor Quality! Poor Service!

Not the same PENNYTEL!!! Pennytel used to be amazing. It supported numerous VOIP functions and features that no longer exist. After paying over $80 I then found out this was a new company and the reason these features did not exist, is that they simply bought the domain name!!!
Very clever! Very misleading! >>> USE MYNETFONE ($$) OR SIPTALK ($) <<<

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Mark
MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Not happy customer
Not happy customerasked

Why can’t I send pictures using my iphone 8

Peter
Peter

I know very little about smart phones, but my Nokia does send photo's.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thanks for reaching out. This may be a setting on your phone, we can assist with troubleshooting this for you.
We have sent you a message to get your Pennytel mobile details.

- The Pennytel Team

Grahamasked

Hey guys,

I don't want to write a negative review yet, but I've had nothing but problems with the sim card. Keep freezing and reloading Everytime I try and make a call or cuts me off during a call. It's not my phone as previous sim card with a rival worked. I've put in a ticket request but I didn't get a reply.

Graham

Also my internet freezes over and over and over.

Barb
Barb

Hello dear Graham, I am so sorry and very surprised to read you are having problems with the Pennytel sim card. I dont know what "put in a ticket request" means - suggest you phone Pennytel and speak personally with one of their Staff. Request a new sim card too. Can't help you with your Internet freezing. Could it be the location you live? Best wishes, Barb.

Graham

Definitely not location I live in. I'm not that far from the CBD really. It never happened with my previous Sim. Sim card error message comes up and affects everything unfortunately.

Jaklyn H.
Jaklyn H.asked

Hi, just wondering if the 1GB plan covers MMS as well as SMS?

Barbara A
Barbara A

Yes, all texts both MMS & SMS are unlimited provided they are made in Aust to Aust mobiles.
Hope this helps you make a decision.

It isn’t working for me on my
iPhone 8

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers