Listing monitored by Pennytel

rohloffpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pennytel use only a PART of the Telstra network.

Bought a Pennytel plan for travelling Australia based on them using the Telstra network. What a MAJOR disappointment! VERY poor coverage away from the east coast of Australia. They claim to cover most Telstra service locations but we found very, very little coverage, and they are not transparent about it! My partner has a plan direct with Telstra and she gets coverage when my Pennytel plan most ties doesn't. DO NOT rely on a Pennytel plan for travel around Australia. Based on experience, they only service the east coast. Am searching for an alternate provider.

Included Data per Month15 GB
Florence HaranSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the replacement sim !!!!!

My network is not working so therefore I can not really comment until I get the replacemnt sim card.
Paolo who helped me organise he new sim was great and went up and beyond to help but if this is how long it takes to get a replacement then I don't know if I will still be a customer.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month1 GB

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Ella MPennytel

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Plan Cost per Month$7.69
Included Data per Month1 GB
Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Poor reception

I changed from Vodafone hoping to get better coverage on the Telstra network. I live only 150 metres from a tower and reception is poor, like about 2 bars.(I got 5 on Vodafone) All around Perth reception is poor. Be changing out in under a month. Was a waste of time.

Plan Cost per Month$12.00
Included Data per Month0 GB
LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
tigre
tigreAU

Unexplained delays in SMSes and no response to support ticket

On 3 different occasions with 2 different senders, I had an unexplained delay in receiving SMSes by 35 minutes each time. I tried to contact Pennytel for support but they never responded to my support request.
When you sign up, you also get called by pushy Indian call centre operators if you don't activate your account within a certain period.

Nic_Fuller
Nic_FullerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Service is so very dubious that I cannot rely on it.

Grabben Gullen, NSW 2583 has incredibly poor coverage making farm/business life so very hard.
Are there any plans to improve this area?
Currently school children are unable to access the internet with their Google Classroom work.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month10 GB

Nick Horn
Nick HornNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good plan but max data rules not properly explained

Positives
1. This and other Pennytel mobile plans are well priced and generally well explained in its marketing.
2. Mobile reception is excellent.
3. Customer service is excellent. Each time I have contacted customer service I have spoken to a real person without delay and each time the immediate issue was dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
Negatives
1. Our initial bill was incorrect. It applied a discount only to one account not both. Also the first bill after we changed our plan recently was incorrect (we were overcharged).
2. The charge for using data over the allowance seems punitive ($10 for 1 GB)
3. The charge for using data over the allowance is not advertised up front at all. This is deceptive.

Plan Cost per Month$24.99
Included Data per Month10 GB
James
JamesSydney, NSW

Happy with performance so far No major hassles.

Happy with service no problems so far
Some drop out in Bathurst no service in drive through Blue Mountains downloads ok I use my home wifi for most of my downloada

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Ron CugleyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Phone review

I have had frequent dropouts with the phone, and the internet data wont load inside the house and is not fast enough thanks a part from that the service is not to bad

Plan Cost per Month$29.95