Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

jessicabull
jessicabullGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service…would be better with data roll over

Reliable network coverage, no drop outs. I made the change from Aldi which once use to be a great option until the constant drop outs.
My only downfall is with Pennytel is that the unused data isn’t rolled over. This is something that an Aldi plan has as an advantage over Pennytel.

LDale
LDale

Good service, pleased with the price

Good access so far on my travels down south of WA. The test will come when I go into some of the Midwest towns. Works OK at home. Pleased with the price of their service.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience!
- The Pennytel Team

Good but could be better!

Network coverage mostly ok. Worryingly I did not receive a text a friend confirmed sending on 5/3/22 conveying important information. Data download speeds seem ok. The price is very appealing.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Arabella, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had missed a text message, we would like to look into this further for you and have sent you a message to assist.

Justin
JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Generally a good service

My only issue is that I seem to be missing out on receiving some text messages since transferring to Pennytel. I hope this can be sorted out. Other than that, a strong motivation for joining Pennytel is its Australian-based support team, and that is reassuring.

Brian J.
Brian J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

I give you 4 stars, because 5 would be perfection. no one or any entity is perfect. Pennytel however come damn close,

I have found/had no problems with the network. No problems with download either. In fact all is well with the service. Cheap efficient and reliable. One can't ask for anything more,

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks so much for your positive review, Brian!
We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan.

satisfied with Pennytel

I recently purchased a Pennytel account. The price was very competitive compared to other carriers. The phone operator was very helpful in setting it up. Also comes with voicemail ( previous carrier did not ) a bonus for small business. Quite happy with whole outcome.

- Pennytel

Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Happy I changed over to you.

Happy with all aspects so far.
Coverage OK, download speed fine by me.
I chose pennyroyal as it offered me best price for the limited way I use my mobile .
I don't have a Landline.

Alicia
AliciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great personal service

Fab that this is an Aussie company with Aussie staff. Easy to switch. Good price.
Very efficient, friendly staff without waiting ages.
Due to Melbourne's lockdown, haven't tested further afield.
Website ok.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

none
none

So far so good.

No problems to date, have noticed strength of signal is often lower to what it was prior to switching. With Covid lockdown I've been unable to check reception far from home.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for giving us a go!

Del
DelMid North Coast, NSW

Good service, no problems.

No problems so far, all running smoothly in my area. Can’t comment on Network coverage in country areas yet. Did recommend Pennytel to family and received reward promptly thank you.

Edward
EdwardLogan City

Service OK

The hassle is if you have to make phone contact with PennyTel, the response to my query was, the next day call, from PennyTel. A call back is better than none! However had I known about that to start with, I wouldn't have joined PennyTel

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Edward, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out to our Client Experience Manager to get a little more insight into what happened here. We would like to discuss your experience further, we have sent you a message.

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers