Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

jessicabull
jessicabullGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service…would be better with data roll over

Reliable network coverage, no drop outs. I made the change from Aldi which once use to be a great option until the constant drop outs.
My only downfall is with Pennytel is that the unused data isn’t rolled over. This is something that an Aldi plan has as an advantage over Pennytel.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Good but could be better!

Network coverage mostly ok. Worryingly I did not receive a text a friend confirmed sending on 5/3/22 conveying important information. Data download speeds seem ok. The price is very appealing.

Included Data per Month0 GB
Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Arabella, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had missed a text message, we would like to look into this further for you and have sent you a message to assist.

Regards,
The Pennytel Team

Brian J.
Brian J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

I give you 4 stars, because 5 would be perfection. no one or any entity is perfect. Pennytel however come damn close,

I have found/had no problems with the network. No problems with download either. In fact all is well with the service. Cheap efficient and reliable. One can't ask for anything more,

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks so much for your positive review, Brian!
We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan.

- The Pennytel Team

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Plan Cost per Month$18.00

Edward
EdwardLogan City

Service OK

The hassle is if you have to make phone contact with PennyTel, the response to my query was, the next day call, from PennyTel. A call back is better than none! However had I known about that to start with, I wouldn't have joined PennyTel

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Edward, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out to our Client Experience Manager to get a little more insight into what happened here. We would like to discuss your experience further, we have sent you a message.

Poyzer
PoyzerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good provider.

I think Pennytel offer a great product at a very affordable price however l have been trying to correct the spelling of my Christian name since day 2 of my opening my account with Pennytel. I continue to be told the spelling has been correct but l still receive emails titled to Sheryl not
Cheryl
Once again please correct the spelling of my name. CHERYL not SHERYL.

Plan Cost per Month$22.50
Included Data per Month18 GB
Clips
ClipsNortheast, VIC

My Experience with Pennytel

I am about to leave Pennytel. Their phone response time is excellent and extremely helpful.
The only problem I had was that I was previously with Optus on a 1 GB data plan.
I found that with Pennytel the 1 GB data limit was insufficient and each month I had to request a top up, which I add was extremely prompt. I can't explain that the 1 GB plan was sufficient however not with Pennytel.

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Included Data per Month1 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Nigel and Tracy
Nigel and TracyPerth

Great Mobile, Shame About The Extra Date Cost

Mobile service is really good and reliable being part of the Telstra network. Price for the small plan is very competitive and matches, if not beats most of the competition. Downside: The charge $10 for 1 gigabyte of extra data which is the same as the monthly plan. Most telcos charge the same but do they realise what customers think of the cost? $10 per extra gigabyte is taking advantage of the customer.

Plan Cost per Month$9.95
Included Data per Month1 GB

Good for the farm

So far network has been 100% reliable with no dropouts that I have been aware of. Download speeds meet my expectations. Just as good as telstra, even in remote hilly location on the farm

Teneil
TeneilDarling Downs, QLD

Simple!

Pennytel is a good, no frills service. Signing up was hampered by website errors and because I live rurally, service isn't always great but all my dealings with them have been easy and friendly. They get the job done!

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month28 GB
sternbeck
sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

very good service from personel cant fault them at all

Yes the phone does drop out often mainly in morning to arvo but good nite time ,,, if I sit on my front verahanda facing east it doesnt fade out as much

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Sharon B.
Sharon B.Western Australia

Easy to setup, worked beautifully

Pennytel sent sim card really quickly, was easy to set up, had much better reception than my previous Optus (had been with for years until service became unreliable). Use phone as a hotspot and this also worked beuatifully and was easy to connect. Overseas inclusions were great, all inclusions were very good value.
Unfortunately, there was no data rollover and so I changed to another provider on the Telstra network (not Telstra, they are overpriced).
Overall, Pennytel would have been my provider of choice but for the rollover. I chose them based on the very good (deserved) reviews.

Robert K
Robert KSoutheast, SA

Account issue resolved.

I had an account issue and when I got on to the right person my issue was resolved in a very timely manner. Thanks to the team at Pennytel for your help. Happy with my phone coverage as I live in the country and no problems concerning drop-outs. Happy also to learn that the customer service team is now in Australia, so when you need to contact Pennytel you are talking to someone in Australia & not someone from overseas who lives on a farm with chickens and duck noises in the background.

Sooz
SoozMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for me

The Network coverage in our area can be intermittent but in general I’m reasonably satisfied with service. I haven’t had any trouble with downloads and speed of downloading hasn’t been an issue.

Plan Cost per Month$17.99
Included Data per Month8 GB
Alison P.
Alison P.Mid North Coast, NSW

good

have only been with you 2 months, no drop outs, don't use data much but seems to be of acceptable speed. Don't use data much away from home. Phone coverage is good away from home locally

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers