Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Almost perfect

Every thing is great especially the phone call signal. There is only one problem which is preventing me from activating my data sim. You don't provide enough monthly data. I need/use at least 130gigs every month. Could you please up the data allowance then I will gladly activate the sim you sent me

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for your feedback, Pearl! Our largest plan we currently offer is 100GB, please keep us in mind if your data needs change :)

Mike R.
Mike R.South East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

No dropouts yet, but we haven't been too far from home, this question will be better answered when we go on a trip. We have not experienced slow data downloads.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you ever encounter an issue we’ll work with you to try and find a solution .

Vic T
Vic THunter Region, NSW

Great phone service

Very good and reliable network coverage. Have had no dropouts so far. Download speeds seem sufficient and faultless. All in all it is a great service. Can fully recommend Pennytel to anyone.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for the positive review! We love hearing from our customers – especially when our service is able to make a positive difference to them.

HMHewett
HMHewettSydney, NSW

Excellent. I recomment it to anyone looking to change their service provider.

Pennytel network coverage is very reliable.
Downloads are fast.
There are no drop-outs.
I have changed from another service provider to Pennytel and have had no problems with their service.
I certainly recommend this service to anyone looking to change.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Best wishes,

David Paul
David PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pennytel a better alternative to Telstra

Network coverage is good I haven't experienced any dropouts. To be honest I have hardly used any downloads as most downloads are done on my home computer or Samsung tablet

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your feedback, David!

reception

Reception in Willowbank area is not good,1 or 2 bars max. is about the norm. Most people in our area have complained for some time about reception from Telstra and Optus.

LDale
LDale

Good service, pleased with the price

Good access so far on my travels down south of WA. The test will come when I go into some of the Midwest towns. Works OK at home. Pleased with the price of their service.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Brian J.
Brian J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

I give you 4 stars, because 5 would be perfection. no one or any entity is perfect. Pennytel however come damn close,

I have found/had no problems with the network. No problems with download either. In fact all is well with the service. Cheap efficient and reliable. One can't ask for anything more,

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks so much for your positive review, Brian!
We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan.

peter
peter

satisfied with Pennytel

I recently purchased a Pennytel account. The price was very competitive compared to other carriers. The phone operator was very helpful in setting it up. Also comes with voicemail ( previous carrier did not ) a bonus for small business. Quite happy with whole outcome.

Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Happy I changed over to you.

Happy with all aspects so far.
Coverage OK, download speed fine by me.
I chose pennyroyal as it offered me best price for the limited way I use my mobile .
I don't have a Landline.

Alicia
AliciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great personal service

Fab that this is an Aussie company with Aussie staff. Easy to switch. Good price.
Very efficient, friendly staff without waiting ages.
Due to Melbourne's lockdown, haven't tested further afield.
Website ok.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

none
none

So far so good.

No problems to date, have noticed strength of signal is often lower to what it was prior to switching. With Covid lockdown I've been unable to check reception far from home.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for giving us a go!

Heather Casked

I have been notified I have used all my data with 5 days to go.What happens now?

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers