Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Wont let you leave.

Transferred off a Pennytel plan back to Telstra and they won’t release the number over the weekend. They disconnected the number but won’t release number. So if you swap providers on the weekend you see screwed. Avoid these jokers, they have no idea

LDale
LDale

Good service, pleased with the price

Good access so far on my travels down south of WA. The test will come when I go into some of the Midwest towns. Works OK at home. Pleased with the price of their service.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Nick B.Sydney, NSW

No customer service

Tried to contact customer service twice and you never hear back. Plan went dead mid month and was unable to get any response. Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Brian pitt
Brian pittRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very poor management

Very poor management decision not to provide additional data at no cost to NSW flood victims where internet or telephone reception failed. Various requests were made by me and virtually palmed of and ignored. Thanks for nothing pennytel.

Brian J.
Brian J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

I give you 4 stars, because 5 would be perfection. no one or any entity is perfect. Pennytel however come damn close,

I have found/had no problems with the network. No problems with download either. In fact all is well with the service. Cheap efficient and reliable. One can't ask for anything more,

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks so much for your positive review, Brian!
We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan.

satisfied with Pennytel

I recently purchased a Pennytel account. The price was very competitive compared to other carriers. The phone operator was very helpful in setting it up. Also comes with voicemail ( previous carrier did not ) a bonus for small business. Quite happy with whole outcome.

- Pennytel

Graham
Graham

Disappointed

Unfortunately I had a issue with the sim card. Kept cutting out during calls and sim kept on resetting. Was told to clean sim card which I did but didn't change the outcome. Switched providers to Felix which I've had a awesome outcome with. In switching I was only a couple of days into a new month. Still getting charged the whole $30 which is poor form.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Local Reception

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Happy I changed over to you.

Happy with all aspects so far.
Coverage OK, download speed fine by me.
I chose pennyroyal as it offered me best price for the limited way I use my mobile .
I don't have a Landline.

Regards,
The Pennytel Team

Mark Bibby
Mark BibbyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor reception.

Using the Telstra network you would expect the same coverage but no because Telstra only sell a portion of their signal, not 100%.
Had to change back to Telstra to get a signal strong enough in Alfredton to be able hold a conversation with out drop outs. Same with data we had to use WiFi from the house to get data.

Alicia
AliciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great personal service

Fab that this is an Aussie company with Aussie staff. Easy to switch. Good price.
Very efficient, friendly staff without waiting ages.
Due to Melbourne's lockdown, haven't tested further afield.
Website ok.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Zahra A.
Zahra A.

I don’t recommend it at all!

Low signal everywhere! struggling play a video! Awful around CBD and really slow when you go further! I switched to another provider they charged me for another month for nothing!! I complained they said it’s our policy! Don’t recommend this rubbish at all

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Local Reception

none
none

So far so good.

No problems to date, have noticed strength of signal is often lower to what it was prior to switching. With Covid lockdown I've been unable to check reception far from home.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for giving us a go!
Regards,
The Pennytel Team

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers