Pennytel (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Sharon B.
Sharon B.Western Australia

Easy to setup, worked beautifully

Pennytel sent sim card really quickly, was easy to set up, had much better reception than my previous Optus (had been with for years until service became unreliable). Use phone as a hotspot and this also worked beuatifully and was easy to connect. Overseas inclusions were great, all inclusions were very good value.
Unfortunately, there was no data rollover and so I changed to another provider on the Telstra network (not Telstra, they are overpriced).
Overall, Pennytel would have been my provider of choice but for the rollover. I chose them based on the very good (deserved) reviews.

Robert K
Robert KSoutheast, SA

Account issue resolved.

I had an account issue and when I got on to the right person my issue was resolved in a very timely manner. Thanks to the team at Pennytel for your help. Happy with my phone coverage as I live in the country and no problems concerning drop-outs. Happy also to learn that the customer service team is now in Australia, so when you need to contact Pennytel you are talking to someone in Australia & not someone from overseas who lives on a farm with chickens and duck noises in the background.

Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Sooz
SoozMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for me

The Network coverage in our area can be intermittent but in general I’m reasonably satisfied with service. I haven’t had any trouble with downloads and speed of downloading hasn’t been an issue.

Alison P.
Alison P.Mid North Coast, NSW

good

have only been with you 2 months, no drop outs, don't use data much but seems to be of acceptable speed. Don't use data much away from home. Phone coverage is good away from home locally

Local Reception

I got what I wanted in switching.

I switched to Pennytel after difficulties with my previous service - insufficient data at a reasonable price. My plan with Pennytel gives me that. Pennytel has good network coverage for my needs. Download speeds for hot-spotting could be better.

Ruth S.
Ruth S.Central West, NSW

Price and service are great. Coverage is very widespread, no dropouts and great download speeds. Have recommended to many of my friends. Very happy all round. How do you do it for the price??

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Peter
PeterCanberra

Good value

Coverage seems ok for our area. We are a long way from any tower. Download speeds are quite good and I appreciated the extra data included in my basic package.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

wonderful service

no problems so far its been bloody terrific.i dont use data much at all so cant really comment on data use but the coverage has been great well done pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Bill M.
Bill M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Economical and reliable

Good price, coverage seems ok, reasonable service coverage compared to others. We are on a seniors card special plan and it suits our circumstances. We also travel a fair bit and havnt encountered any significant problems with Pennytel

Larry
LarrySydney, NSW

Scam promo offer

Did not get free month as advertised in the Valentine’s Day promo. Feeling ripped off as we signed up within the designated promo time frame. We feel this a scam

Michael Ryan
Michael Ryan

Good Service

Very happy with service overall. Very good phone cover . Good internet speed. Affordable , reliable. Really like the service if any need to contact one gets to speak to a real person.

All good so far.

Coverage OK, but I haven't yet tested it in my frequent regional visits. I am recommending to all my mates when they complain about their bills. I have no complaints.

MY TIME WITH PENNYTEL

Service is Great. About a week ago my phone had no service, time and date was wrong but it returned to normal sometime later. I recommend your service to anyone.

Good provider

Network coverage is good because it uses Telstra towers. That means it works in the outback by and large.
It is real value for money and support staff are responsive, easy to contact and pleasant to interact with. Our bills have dropped from roughly $250 per month to just $60.

Yuri
YuriIsabella Plains 2905, ACT

Right plan, right price

Moved to Pennytel after Telstra "helpfully" decided to scrap our plan and replace it with a more expensive one that gave us increased data download that we would never come close to using. We're now paying 50% of what we used to for a plan that meets our needs. They mostly use Telstra infrastructure, so our coverage is pretty much the same.

Florence HaranSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the replacement sim !!!!!

My network is not working so therefore I can not really comment until I get the replacemnt sim card.
Paolo who helped me organise he new sim was great and went up and beyond to help but if this is how long it takes to get a replacement then I don't know if I will still be a customer.

Great value

So far so good. After a few months with Pennytel in Tasmania I'm very happy with the network, and download speeds. But I don't use much data, and being in an urban area, I haven't checked out any more remote places yet.

Kevin
KevinNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Very easy to switch to without hassles

We have transferred 2 phones to Pennytel and have not had any issues. Their website is very easy to use, the Pennytel app is so user friendly even a novice should be able to use it.
I have only 1 negative, and that is when one receives their new SIM card there is no information as to what the default SIM pin code is...I believe that this should be on the paperwork or emailed to the customer.

Fitnesspm
FitnesspmMount Waverley

They keep taking my money out

I wanted a new number so I ordered a new sim card a couple of months ago and cancelled the old number. They keep billing me for the old one where I have called up many times to have it terminated where they said it has been but guess what came up on my bank statement today??? I have cancelled my new number with Pennytel today where they refuse to give me my $24.99 back for my old one even tho it was cancelled months ago. I have called my bank and lodged a dispute and put a block on any more attempts from Pennytel to steal my money.

Allen Cullen

The service is providing everything I desire from it.

I use your service to send images from a trail camera on our land to our mobile phones. The images come in quickly with good quality and allow us to use any animals that are returning after the bushfires.

Allen Cullen

It is okay, I appreciate an efficient service.

Jennifer
Jennifer

great so far

Very good reception were we live but going out to the farm which is 92km from our home, not always that good but neither is Telstra used by our family out there

longbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not get back to you despite numerous promises to do so

I have for some months asked about money which was taken out of my credit card which I did not authorize. After ending emails and phone calls, no one has been able to answer my question or got back to me. This is very poor service. Very disappointing that staff do not keep their word to get back to you. My phone often drops out during phone calls as well.

Account number734774

pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone