Pennytel (page 3 of 9)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a very good service with a tendency to become better.

I am retired. For the purpose of occasional use with family, as a security backup with banks and eventual emergency calls works perfectly. Not nagging and not trying aggressively to sell new telephone subscription products is particularly valued.

Happy with Pennytel

This has been as good if not better than the major providers. Very good value for money. The data speeds have been good and very few drop outs where we live

Burradoo consumer.
Burradoo consumer.Illawarra, NSW

Southern highlands experience

We are new to this area & have found both Telstra & Optus coverage is weak with frequent dropouts. Happy with Pennytel service but would request the reporting of suboptimal mobile coverage in the Bowral region.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

Review of Pennytel phone

My network is very reliable; if I am in a remote place - away from centres of population - have I had a lack of
network coverage, but that is rare. Data speeds are fast enough for me.

BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected

Damien
DamienNew South Wales

Great Price! Terrible Support! Poor Quality! Poor Service!

Not the same PENNYTEL!!! Pennytel used to be amazing. It supported numerous VOIP functions and features that no longer exist. After paying over $80 I then found out this was a new company and the reason these features did not exist, is that they simply bought the domain name!!!
Very clever! Very misleading! >>> USE MYNETFONE ($$) OR SIPTALK ($) <<<

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW

Cost is affordable for pensioner.

Do have calls dropout and noises on line. Service should be better. Considering it is 2020 the strength of signal should be 100% calls should not cut off at anytime.

Ella MPennytel

Happy with the service so far

We are not big users of the phone and we have it as a second phone to keep in touch with each other and for safety reasons when out and about.Service and availability hasn’t been any problem.l like the fact that we are contacted to inform us you have received our payment.

bennie bird
bennie bird

very efficient

I do not use the telephone a great deal so my extended experience is limited. However, for
the occasions when I have been obliged to use a telephone this has been totally unaffected
by dropouts etc.

Kriss
Kriss

Very good data and reception

Mostly better than the optus network. Data speen was a bit patchy in the Bulli area. Excellent A1 in Shoalhaven Heads. Network coverage is diferent to Optus but as acceptable.

hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Happy chappy

Network is reliable dropouts are minimal data speed fast enough for me as I am not running a business I hot spot my laptop from my phone that suits me fine

Review Two.

reliable network, just a little problem with bad connection to staff when making a query, hard to clearly hear. But overall satisfied. No data problems....and don't know WHY I've been charged for overseas call or missed call?

kleegwater
kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Greg
GregRivett 2611, ACT

Good no fuss service delivery and billing.

Geographic coverage has been good and reliable. Billing has been painless and service quality perfect. Very happy with my move to Pennytel and look forward to continued high service levels.

Bob Bishop
Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

Eddy
Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Poor reception

I changed from Vodafone hoping to get better coverage on the Telstra network. I live only 150 metres from a tower and reception is poor, like about 2 bars.(I got 5 on Vodafone) All around Perth reception is poor. Be changing out in under a month. Was a waste of time.

Felicity
FelicitySydney, NSW

No problems incurred

No drop outs and coverage so far has been great however haven’t been out of my area.
No problems with downloading but I don’t do much downloading.
Calls using What’s App not great

Bac L.
Bac L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent when the service Activation successfully

Activation with Port-in from Optus network is terrible, it takes too long and fail sometime. I have to web chat to get the service going. It sometime partially activated (i.e. Can receive calls but can't make going call). Please improve the activation process with port-in from Optus network.

Joyce
Joyce

Be much better if unlimited data was offered

Network coverage is excellent. Have only occassionally experienced call drop out, but prior to signing up with Pennytel had contant call drop out with the other provider. So am happy.
Data download speed is pretty quick