Listing monitored by Pennytel

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Local Reception
Pennytel Pennytel

Happy I changed over to you.

Happy with all aspects so far.
Coverage OK, download speed fine by me.
I chose pennyroyal as it offered me best price for the limited way I use my mobile .
I don't have a Landline.

Mark Bibby
Mark BibbyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor reception.

Using the Telstra network you would expect the same coverage but no because Telstra only sell a portion of their signal, not 100%.
Had to change back to Telstra to get a signal strong enough in Alfredton to be able hold a conversation with out drop outs. Same with data we had to use WiFi from the house to get data.

Alicia
AliciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great personal service

Fab that this is an Aussie company with Aussie staff. Easy to switch. Good price.
Very efficient, friendly staff without waiting ages.
Due to Melbourne's lockdown, haven't tested further afield.
Website ok.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

- The Pennytel Team

Zahra A.
Zahra A.

I don’t recommend it at all!

Low signal everywhere! struggling play a video! Awful around CBD and really slow when you go further! I switched to another provider they charged me for another month for nothing!! I complained they said it’s our policy! Don’t recommend this rubbish at all

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Local Reception

none
none

So far so good.

No problems to date, have noticed strength of signal is often lower to what it was prior to switching. With Covid lockdown I've been unable to check reception far from home.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thank you for giving us a go!

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Del
DelMid North Coast, NSW

Good service, no problems.

No problems so far, all running smoothly in my area. Can’t comment on Network coverage in country areas yet. Did recommend Pennytel to family and received reward promptly thank you.

Edward
EdwardLogan City

Service OK

The hassle is if you have to make phone contact with PennyTel, the response to my query was, the next day call, from PennyTel. A call back is better than none! However had I known about that to start with, I wouldn't have joined PennyTel

Pennytel Pennytel

Hi Edward, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out to our Client Experience Manager to get a little more insight into what happened here. We would like to discuss your experience further, we have sent you a message.

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

PeterD
PeterDMid North Coast, NSW

Inadequate signal strength

At all times the signal strength was at least one bar less than my previous provider. Moved on to iiNet (Vodaphone). Immediate improvement in signal strength. For this reason, I cannot recommend Pennytel.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Does not work with Apple imessage!

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Rang support four times, could not fix the problem. Their system does not work with Apple imessage! This was an essential service I required. Apple support Genius told us PennyTel were not good, they tried it themselves and told us they had to change providers. recommend.

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Bungled from beginning to end.

After being sent a sim card I couldn't use (I wanted to transfer my existing phone number, and they sent me a sim with a new number) I called to advise. They sent me a new sim card, which then couldn't be activated due to a technical glitch on their end. I gave up and went with a different provider. I was unpleasantly surprised to be charged for activating the first sim card (the one that I couldn't use). After THREE phone calls I finally got a refund.
Can't think of a worse customer experience to be honest.

Poyzer
PoyzerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good provider.

I think Pennytel offer a great product at a very affordable price however l have been trying to correct the spelling of my Christian name since day 2 of my opening my account with Pennytel. I continue to be told the spelling has been correct but l still receive emails titled to Sheryl not
Cheryl
Once again please correct the spelling of my name. CHERYL not SHERYL.

Clips
ClipsNortheast, VIC

My Experience with Pennytel

I am about to leave Pennytel. Their phone response time is excellent and extremely helpful.
The only problem I had was that I was previously with Optus on a 1 GB data plan.
I found that with Pennytel the 1 GB data limit was insufficient and each month I had to request a top up, which I add was extremely prompt. I can't explain that the 1 GB plan was sufficient however not with Pennytel.