Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Ripped off!

This business is terrible!
I recently decided to stop using their service, but they still slugged me for the last phone bill.
CHEATS!
The took the amount out of my CC.
They have so far refused to reimburse me.

Plan Cost per Month$19.00
jessicabull
jessicabullGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service…would be better with data roll over

Reliable network coverage, no drop outs. I made the change from Aldi which once use to be a great option until the constant drop outs.
My only downfall is with Pennytel is that the unused data isn’t rolled over. This is something that an Aldi plan has as an advantage over Pennytel.

Brian pitt
Brian pittRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very poor management

Very poor management decision not to provide additional data at no cost to NSW flood victims where internet or telephone reception failed. Various requests were made by me and virtually palmed of and ignored. Thanks for nothing pennytel.

Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Plan Cost per Month$11.00

Zahra A.
Zahra A.

I don’t recommend it at all!

Low signal everywhere! struggling play a video! Awful around CBD and really slow when you go further! I switched to another provider they charged me for another month for nothing!! I complained they said it’s our policy! Don’t recommend this rubbish at all

Included Data per Month18 GB

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Included Data per Month1 GB
Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month1 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
PeterD
PeterDMid North Coast, NSW

Inadequate signal strength

At all times the signal strength was at least one bar less than my previous provider. Moved on to iiNet (Vodaphone). Immediate improvement in signal strength. For this reason, I cannot recommend Pennytel.

Plan Cost per Month$18.00
Jasmine
Jasmine

Bungled from beginning to end.

After being sent a sim card I couldn't use (I wanted to transfer my existing phone number, and they sent me a sim with a new number) I called to advise. They sent me a new sim card, which then couldn't be activated due to a technical glitch on their end. I gave up and went with a different provider. I was unpleasantly surprised to be charged for activating the first sim card (the one that I couldn't use). After THREE phone calls I finally got a refund.
Can't think of a worse customer experience to be honest.

Plan Cost per Month$18.00

Good for the farm

So far network has been 100% reliable with no dropouts that I have been aware of. Download speeds meet my expectations. Just as good as telstra, even in remote hilly location on the farm

jp88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Forget them, move on to another Telco

Don't expect any service whatsoever. The don't reply to emails, or "contact us' forms in their website. And these days thier deals are not outsanding. As well as that, they throttle the connection.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
jp88

No worries, ported out already.

EDDIE
EDDIEEyre Peninsula, SA

Seems ok at the moment.

Network coverage seems ok at the moment, haven't been out of town yet to try further afield.
Will be going to Adelaide this weekend.
Data download speeds seem to be ok at the moment.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

sternbeck
sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

very good service from personel cant fault them at all

Yes the phone does drop out often mainly in morning to arvo but good nite time ,,, if I sit on my front verahanda facing east it doesnt fade out as much

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Plan Cost per Month$9.98
Included Data per Month2 GB

Dreadful Customer Service

Network has been down for 5 days and despite multiple calls and emails there has been no resolution. Not our handsets as they work at the next town. Why can’t Pennytel do some decent troubleshooting with Telstra to fix the issue? There appears to be no tech savvy staff on the help line. Stressful when trying to stay in touch with family in hospital.! Service has been faultless for 18 months, but 5 days off air is unacceptable, now transitioning to another provider.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month18 GB

0417851232 and 0402552618

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this. I will look into this today for you.

Heather Casked

I have been notified I have used all my data with 5 days to go.What happens now?

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers