Listing monitored by Pennytel

Disappointed

Unfortunately I had a issue with the sim card. Kept cutting out during calls and sim kept on resetting. Was told to clean sim card which I did but didn't change the outcome. Switched providers to Felix which I've had a awesome outcome with. In switching I was only a couple of days into a new month. Still getting charged the whole $30 which is poor form.

PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Pennytel Pennytel

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Local Reception
Pennytel Pennytel

Happy I changed over to you.

Happy with all aspects so far.
Coverage OK, download speed fine by me.
I chose pennyroyal as it offered me best price for the limited way I use my mobile .
I don't have a Landline.

Mark Bibby
Mark BibbyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor reception.

Using the Telstra network you would expect the same coverage but no because Telstra only sell a portion of their signal, not 100%.
Had to change back to Telstra to get a signal strong enough in Alfredton to be able hold a conversation with out drop outs. Same with data we had to use WiFi from the house to get data.

Alicia
AliciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great personal service

Fab that this is an Aussie company with Aussie staff. Easy to switch. Good price.
Very efficient, friendly staff without waiting ages.
Due to Melbourne's lockdown, haven't tested further afield.
Website ok.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

- The Pennytel Team

Zahra A.
Zahra A.

I don’t recommend it at all!

Low signal everywhere! struggling play a video! Awful around CBD and really slow when you go further! I switched to another provider they charged me for another month for nothing!! I complained they said it’s our policy! Don’t recommend this rubbish at all

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Local Reception

Mary
MarySydney, NSW

A bit slow

I found that when I am out and about, the data speed can be quite slow. However, the phone connections are good. I've experienced dropouts, but usually when driving hands-free.

none
none

So far so good.

No problems to date, have noticed strength of signal is often lower to what it was prior to switching. With Covid lockdown I've been unable to check reception far from home.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thank you for giving us a go!

Del
DelMid North Coast, NSW

Good service, no problems.

No problems so far, all running smoothly in my area. Can’t comment on Network coverage in country areas yet. Did recommend Pennytel to family and received reward promptly thank you.

Edward
EdwardLogan City

Service OK

The hassle is if you have to make phone contact with PennyTel, the response to my query was, the next day call, from PennyTel. A call back is better than none! However had I known about that to start with, I wouldn't have joined PennyTel

Pennytel Pennytel

Hi Edward, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out to our Client Experience Manager to get a little more insight into what happened here. We would like to discuss your experience further, we have sent you a message.

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

PeterD
PeterDMid North Coast, NSW

Inadequate signal strength

At all times the signal strength was at least one bar less than my previous provider. Moved on to iiNet (Vodaphone). Immediate improvement in signal strength. For this reason, I cannot recommend Pennytel.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Does not work with Apple imessage!

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Rang support four times, could not fix the problem. Their system does not work with Apple imessage! This was an essential service I required. Apple support Genius told us PennyTel were not good, they tried it themselves and told us they had to change providers. recommend.

Not happy customer
Not happy customerasked

Why can’t I send pictures using my iphone 8

Peter

I know very little about smart phones, but my Nokia does send photo's.

Pennytel Pennytel

Thanks for reaching out. This may be a setting on your phone, we can assist with troubleshooting this for you.
We have sent you a message to get your Pennytel mobile details.

- The Pennytel Team

Grahamasked

Hey guys,

I don't want to write a negative review yet, but I've had nothing but problems with the sim card. Keep freezing and reloading Everytime I try and make a call or cuts me off during a call. It's not my phone as previous sim card with a rival worked. I've put in a ticket request but I didn't get a reply.

Graham

Also my internet freezes over and over and over.

Barb
Barb

Hello dear Graham, I am so sorry and very surprised to read you are having problems with the Pennytel sim card. I dont know what "put in a ticket request" means - suggest you phone Pennytel and speak personally with one of their Staff. Request a new sim card too. Can't help you with your Internet freezing. Could it be the location you live? Best wishes, Barb.

Graham

Definitely not location I live in. I'm not that far from the CBD really. It never happened with my previous Sim. Sim card error message comes up and affects everything unfortunately.

Jaklyn H.
Jaklyn H.asked

Hi, just wondering if the 1GB plan covers MMS as well as SMS?

Barbara A
Barbara A

Yes, all texts both MMS & SMS are unlimited provided they are made in Aust to Aust mobiles.
Hope this helps you make a decision.

It isn’t working for me on my
iPhone 8

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers