Listing monitored by Pennytel

Brian J.
Brian J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

I give you 4 stars, because 5 would be perfection. no one or any entity is perfect. Pennytel however come damn close,

I have found/had no problems with the network. No problems with download either. In fact all is well with the service. Cheap efficient and reliable. One can't ask for anything more,

Graham
Graham

Disappointed

Unfortunately I had a issue with the sim card. Kept cutting out during calls and sim kept on resetting. Was told to clean sim card which I did but didn't change the outcome. Switched providers to Felix which I've had a awesome outcome with. In switching I was only a couple of days into a new month. Still getting charged the whole $30 which is poor form.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Pennytel Pennytel

Reasonable reception in poor areas

Only one bar of reception at home. Have to rely on wifi calling. Otherwise very hapy with the service. Can reception be improved? I asmit the tevious carrier was no better

Plan Cost per Month$18.00
Mark Bibby
Mark BibbyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor reception.

Using the Telstra network you would expect the same coverage but no because Telstra only sell a portion of their signal, not 100%.
Had to change back to Telstra to get a signal strong enough in Alfredton to be able hold a conversation with out drop outs. Same with data we had to use WiFi from the house to get data.

Mary
MarySydney, NSW

A bit slow

I found that when I am out and about, the data speed can be quite slow. However, the phone connections are good. I've experienced dropouts, but usually when driving hands-free.

Plan Cost per Month$19.99
Included Data per Month6 GB
Edward
EdwardLogan City

Service OK

The hassle is if you have to make phone contact with PennyTel, the response to my query was, the next day call, from PennyTel. A call back is better than none! However had I known about that to start with, I wouldn't have joined PennyTel

Pennytel Pennytel

Hi Edward, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out to our Client Experience Manager to get a little more insight into what happened here. We would like to discuss your experience further, we have sent you a message.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Does not work with Apple imessage!

Had to change immediately the worst service ever! Rang support four times, could not fix the problem. Their system does not work with Apple imessage! This was an essential service I required. Apple support Genius told us PennyTel were not good, they tried it themselves and told us they had to change providers. recommend.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month4 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Poyzer
PoyzerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good provider.

I think Pennytel offer a great product at a very affordable price however l have been trying to correct the spelling of my Christian name since day 2 of my opening my account with Pennytel. I continue to be told the spelling has been correct but l still receive emails titled to Sheryl not
Cheryl
Once again please correct the spelling of my name. CHERYL not SHERYL.

Plan Cost per Month$22.50
Included Data per Month18 GB
Clips
ClipsNortheast, VIC

My Experience with Pennytel

I am about to leave Pennytel. Their phone response time is excellent and extremely helpful.
The only problem I had was that I was previously with Optus on a 1 GB data plan.
I found that with Pennytel the 1 GB data limit was insufficient and each month I had to request a top up, which I add was extremely prompt. I can't explain that the 1 GB plan was sufficient however not with Pennytel.

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Included Data per Month1 GB

Nigel and Tracy
Nigel and TracyPerth

Great Mobile, Shame About The Extra Date Cost

Mobile service is really good and reliable being part of the Telstra network. Price for the small plan is very competitive and matches, if not beats most of the competition. Downside: The charge $10 for 1 gigabyte of extra data which is the same as the monthly plan. Most telcos charge the same but do they realise what customers think of the cost? $10 per extra gigabyte is taking advantage of the customer.

Plan Cost per Month$9.95
Included Data per Month1 GB
Teneil
TeneilDarling Downs, QLD

Simple!

Pennytel is a good, no frills service. Signing up was hampered by website errors and because I live rurally, service isn't always great but all my dealings with them have been easy and friendly. They get the job done!

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month28 GB

leave it for another 5 years

coverage went out and stayed out for 10 days, not really good enough, i switched to another tried and operating carrier, not yet up to capacity in my area, would leave of joining in my area till the carrier becomes better know

Plan Cost per Month$12.00

Sharon B.
Sharon B.Western Australia

Easy to setup, worked beautifully

Pennytel sent sim card really quickly, was easy to set up, had much better reception than my previous Optus (had been with for years until service became unreliable). Use phone as a hotspot and this also worked beuatifully and was easy to connect. Overseas inclusions were great, all inclusions were very good value.
Unfortunately, there was no data rollover and so I changed to another provider on the Telstra network (not Telstra, they are overpriced).
Overall, Pennytel would have been my provider of choice but for the rollover. I chose them based on the very good (deserved) reviews.

Omar
OmarVictoria

Needs improvement

Classical scenario where I was low on data and they literally couldn't provide me with any solution.
I was 2 weeks away from my rolling date, and low on data. They could only provide me with 1GB top up on my 18GB plan, which is basically useless. Otherwise I would have to wait 2 weeks. They had no way to change my rolling date to be any sooner or to find a work around which is a bit silly for a modern operator. Disappointed, despite waiting on the phone call for them to talk to their specialists etc, as I expected better customer service.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month18 GB
Robert K
Robert KSoutheast, SA

Account issue resolved.

I had an account issue and when I got on to the right person my issue was resolved in a very timely manner. Thanks to the team at Pennytel for your help. Happy with my phone coverage as I live in the country and no problems concerning drop-outs. Happy also to learn that the customer service team is now in Australia, so when you need to contact Pennytel you are talking to someone in Australia & not someone from overseas who lives on a farm with chickens and duck noises in the background.

Plan Cost per Month$15.99