Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Brian pitt
Brian pittRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very poor management

Very poor management decision not to provide additional data at no cost to NSW flood victims where internet or telephone reception failed. Various requests were made by me and virtually palmed of and ignored. Thanks for nothing pennytel.

rohloffpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pennytel use only a PART of the Telstra network.

Bought a Pennytel plan for travelling Australia based on them using the Telstra network. What a MAJOR disappointment! VERY poor coverage away from the east coast of Australia. They claim to cover most Telstra service locations but we found very, very little coverage, and they are not transparent about it! My partner has a plan direct with Telstra and she gets coverage when my Pennytel plan most ties doesn't. DO NOT rely on a Pennytel plan for travel around Australia. Based on experience, they only service the east coast. Am searching for an alternate provider.

Included Data per Month15 GB
Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
Zahra A.
Zahra A.

I don’t recommend it at all!

Low signal everywhere! struggling play a video! Awful around CBD and really slow when you go further! I switched to another provider they charged me for another month for nothing!! I complained they said it’s our policy! Don’t recommend this rubbish at all

Included Data per Month18 GB

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Included Data per Month1 GB
Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month1 GB
PeterD
PeterDMid North Coast, NSW

Inadequate signal strength

At all times the signal strength was at least one bar less than my previous provider. Moved on to iiNet (Vodaphone). Immediate improvement in signal strength. For this reason, I cannot recommend Pennytel.

Plan Cost per Month$18.00
Included Data per Month8 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Jasmine
Jasmine

Bungled from beginning to end.

After being sent a sim card I couldn't use (I wanted to transfer my existing phone number, and they sent me a sim with a new number) I called to advise. They sent me a new sim card, which then couldn't be activated due to a technical glitch on their end. I gave up and went with a different provider. I was unpleasantly surprised to be charged for activating the first sim card (the one that I couldn't use). After THREE phone calls I finally got a refund.
Can't think of a worse customer experience to be honest.

Plan Cost per Month$18.00
Included Data per Month8 GB

Good for the farm

So far network has been 100% reliable with no dropouts that I have been aware of. Download speeds meet my expectations. Just as good as telstra, even in remote hilly location on the farm

jp88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Forget them, move on to another Telco

Don't expect any service whatsoever. The don't reply to emails, or "contact us' forms in their website. And these days thier deals are not outsanding. As well as that, they throttle the connection.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
jp88

No worries, ported out already.

EDDIE
EDDIEEyre Peninsula, SA

Seems ok at the moment.

Network coverage seems ok at the moment, haven't been out of town yet to try further afield.
Will be going to Adelaide this weekend.
Data download speeds seem to be ok at the moment.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
sternbeck
sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

very good service from personel cant fault them at all

Yes the phone does drop out often mainly in morning to arvo but good nite time ,,, if I sit on my front verahanda facing east it doesnt fade out as much

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Plan Cost per Month$9.98
Included Data per Month2 GB

Dreadful Customer Service

Network has been down for 5 days and despite multiple calls and emails there has been no resolution. Not our handsets as they work at the next town. Why can’t Pennytel do some decent troubleshooting with Telstra to fix the issue? There appears to be no tech savvy staff on the help line. Stressful when trying to stay in touch with family in hospital.! Service has been faultless for 18 months, but 5 days off air is unacceptable, now transitioning to another provider.

Plan Cost per Month$25.00
Included Data per Month18 GB

0417851232 and 0402552618

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this. I will look into this today for you.

Ruth S.
Ruth S.Central West, NSW

Price and service are great. Coverage is very widespread, no dropouts and great download speeds. Have recommended to many of my friends. Very happy all round. How do you do it for the price??

Plan Cost per Month$11.00

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

nothingwmnasked

Hi, Belong is forcing its current 1GB plan customers onto the more expensive 3GB plan in April, so I am thinking of switching to Pennytel. In your CIS I have seen "PAYG rates apply for MMS Video In Australia to AU mobiles"—does this mean I won't be able to text animated gifs or videos without extra charges? Also, it is unclear what happens if I go over my monthly data limit, do you automatically apply a top up and charge me for it? Cheers

nothingwmn

Thanks Pennytel for the reply! Just one last query—if I go over and choose not to top my data up, am I just capped at a very slow rate, or do I simply not have service after that point?
Cheers

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers