Pennytel (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

jp88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Forget them, move on to another Telco

Don't expect any service whatsoever. The don't reply to emails, or "contact us' forms in their website. And these days thier deals are not outsanding. As well as that, they throttle the connection.

jp88

No worries, ported out already.

gerrard6Illawarra, NSW

I initially reviewed Pennytel on joining them and rated them a 4.4 but after being with them now for several years feel like I need to update my review. If you have a problem they don't want to know you. When you log an issue you get a ticket number so if you do not hear from them you can chase them up with this number - after 3 email requests for an update on the issue still not a word from them. If you are looking for service go elsewhere.

gerrard6

Ticket 441338 - have also requested several times online for an update on this ticket as well as my direct emails requesting an update.

leave it for another 5 years

coverage went out and stayed out for 10 days, not really good enough, i switched to another tried and operating carrier, not yet up to capacity in my area, would leave of joining in my area till the carrier becomes better know

Service

Living in an isolated area the service is generally good with only minimal internet service dropout. Not enough to bother me too much. My primary use is for phone calls.The staff at Pennytel are fantastic. Thanks.

EDDIE
EDDIEEyre Peninsula, SA

Seems ok at the moment.

Network coverage seems ok at the moment, haven't been out of town yet to try further afield.
Will be going to Adelaide this weekend.
Data download speeds seem to be ok at the moment.

sternbeck
sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

very good service from personel cant fault them at all

Yes the phone does drop out often mainly in morning to arvo but good nite time ,,, if I sit on my front verahanda facing east it doesnt fade out as much

Sharon B.
Sharon B.Western Australia

Easy to setup, worked beautifully

Pennytel sent sim card really quickly, was easy to set up, had much better reception than my previous Optus (had been with for years until service became unreliable). Use phone as a hotspot and this also worked beuatifully and was easy to connect. Overseas inclusions were great, all inclusions were very good value.
Unfortunately, there was no data rollover and so I changed to another provider on the Telstra network (not Telstra, they are overpriced).
Overall, Pennytel would have been my provider of choice but for the rollover. I chose them based on the very good (deserved) reviews.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Omar
OmarVictoria

Needs improvement

Classical scenario where I was low on data and they literally couldn't provide me with any solution.
I was 2 weeks away from my rolling date, and low on data. They could only provide me with 1GB top up on my 18GB plan, which is basically useless. Otherwise I would have to wait 2 weeks. They had no way to change my rolling date to be any sooner or to find a work around which is a bit silly for a modern operator. Disappointed, despite waiting on the phone call for them to talk to their specialists etc, as I expected better customer service.

Robert K
Robert KSoutheast, SA

Account issue resolved.

I had an account issue and when I got on to the right person my issue was resolved in a very timely manner. Thanks to the team at Pennytel for your help. Happy with my phone coverage as I live in the country and no problems concerning drop-outs. Happy also to learn that the customer service team is now in Australia, so when you need to contact Pennytel you are talking to someone in Australia & not someone from overseas who lives on a farm with chickens and duck noises in the background.

Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Dreadful Customer Service

Network has been down for 5 days and despite multiple calls and emails there has been no resolution. Not our handsets as they work at the next town. Why can’t Pennytel do some decent troubleshooting with Telstra to fix the issue? There appears to be no tech savvy staff on the help line. Stressful when trying to stay in touch with family in hospital.! Service has been faultless for 18 months, but 5 days off air is unacceptable, now transitioning to another provider.

0417851232 and 0402552618

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this. I will look into this today for you.

Sooz
SoozMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for me

The Network coverage in our area can be intermittent but in general I’m reasonably satisfied with service. I haven’t had any trouble with downloads and speed of downloading hasn’t been an issue.

Alison P.
Alison P.Mid North Coast, NSW

good

have only been with you 2 months, no drop outs, don't use data much but seems to be of acceptable speed. Don't use data much away from home. Phone coverage is good away from home locally

Local Reception

I got what I wanted in switching.

I switched to Pennytel after difficulties with my previous service - insufficient data at a reasonable price. My plan with Pennytel gives me that. Pennytel has good network coverage for my needs. Download speeds for hot-spotting could be better.

Ruth S.
Ruth S.Central West, NSW

Price and service are great. Coverage is very widespread, no dropouts and great download speeds. Have recommended to many of my friends. Very happy all round. How do you do it for the price??

Local Reception
Peter
PeterCanberra

Good value

Coverage seems ok for our area. We are a long way from any tower. Download speeds are quite good and I appreciated the extra data included in my basic package.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nope.

I changed provider because I struggled with Optus signal ... ..now signal is worse!! And just to add insult to injury after submitting a query regarding this I am now left with out a phone service god knows why!
My payment details are recorded on my account. ...yet they have not used it..instead barred me. I can't even call to fix it!
I'm a single mum, have a chronic illness I'm and injured. I cannot be without a phone!
When I get time I will be changing providers.

I CAN'T CALL!!
That is my problem!
Account number is 743134

wonderful service

no problems so far its been bloody terrific.i dont use data much at all so cant really comment on data use but the coverage has been great well done pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Bill M.
Bill M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Economical and reliable

Good price, coverage seems ok, reasonable service coverage compared to others. We are on a seniors card special plan and it suits our circumstances. We also travel a fair bit and havnt encountered any significant problems with Pennytel

Larry
LarrySydney, NSW

Scam promo offer

Did not get free month as advertised in the Valentine’s Day promo. Feeling ripped off as we signed up within the designated promo time frame. We feel this a scam

Michael Ryan
Michael Ryan

Good Service

Very happy with service overall. Very good phone cover . Good internet speed. Affordable , reliable. Really like the service if any need to contact one gets to speak to a real person.

All good so far.

Coverage OK, but I haven't yet tested it in my frequent regional visits. I am recommending to all my mates when they complain about their bills. I have no complaints.

MY TIME WITH PENNYTEL

Service is Great. About a week ago my phone had no service, time and date was wrong but it returned to normal sometime later. I recommend your service to anyone.

Good provider

Network coverage is good because it uses Telstra towers. That means it works in the outback by and large.
It is real value for money and support staff are responsive, easy to contact and pleasant to interact with. Our bills have dropped from roughly $250 per month to just $60.