Pennytel (page 4 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Burradoo consumer.
Burradoo consumer.Illawarra, NSW

Southern highlands experience

We are new to this area & have found both Telstra & Optus coverage is weak with frequent dropouts. Happy with Pennytel service but would request the reporting of suboptimal mobile coverage in the Bowral region.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew

Review of Pennytel phone

My network is very reliable; if I am in a remote place - away from centres of population - have I had a lack of
network coverage, but that is rare. Data speeds are fast enough for me.

BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected

Damien
DamienNew South Wales

Great Price! Terrible Support! Poor Quality! Poor Service!

Not the same PENNYTEL!!! Pennytel used to be amazing. It supported numerous VOIP functions and features that no longer exist. After paying over $80 I then found out this was a new company and the reason these features did not exist, is that they simply bought the domain name!!!
Very clever! Very misleading! >>> USE MYNETFONE ($$) OR SIPTALK ($) <<<

Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW

Cost is affordable for pensioner.

Do have calls dropout and noises on line. Service should be better. Considering it is 2020 the strength of signal should be 100% calls should not cut off at anytime.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Happy with the service so far

We are not big users of the phone and we have it as a second phone to keep in touch with each other and for safety reasons when out and about.Service and availability hasn’t been any problem.l like the fact that we are contacted to inform us you have received our payment.

bennie bird
bennie bird

very efficient

I do not use the telephone a great deal so my extended experience is limited. However, for
the occasions when I have been obliged to use a telephone this has been totally unaffected
by dropouts etc.

Kriss
Kriss

Very good data and reception

Mostly better than the optus network. Data speen was a bit patchy in the Bulli area. Excellent A1 in Shoalhaven Heads. Network coverage is diferent to Optus but as acceptable.

recycleO'Connor 2602, ACT

The worse "support " ever always a hassle

Pennytel Pennytel
V. Rayson
V. RaysonAU

No help what so ever.

couldn't even use our phone. A new phone bought through Pennytel it locked itself when we first used it. None could unlocked. Went to a professional service and even they had to give up after 2 day's of trying. They suggested we throw the phone away and buy a new phone. We're pensioner's, cant just throw away $200 for now fault of our own. We canceled our account with Pennytel and went with another provider with a new phone. Happy now. Why are you writing to us for a review? We thought we had canceled our account.? Typical bad service you don't seem to check if we are still your customers. Na please leave us alone.

hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

HelenCook 2614, ACT

Totally unreliable service

The best I can say for Pennytel is that it's cheap. I've experienced frequent lack of network service (again right now) and calls going through to voicemail without ringing. I can't even call their help service. It's unreliable to the point of being disruptive and even dangerous.

Helen

Thanks, Pennytel. But actually the problem isn't rare. It happens fairly frequently, probably about once a month.

Happy chappy

Network is reliable dropouts are minimal data speed fast enough for me as I am not running a business I hot spot my laptop from my phone that suits me fine

Ella MPennytel

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Kerrie
KerrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother with this service

Service is ok until you go west of the dividing range then you get nothing! Telstra or Boost is the only way to go if you want to explore the country. Back up service from Pennytel non existent.

Review Two.

reliable network, just a little problem with bad connection to staff when making a query, hard to clearly hear. But overall satisfied. No data problems....and don't know WHY I've been charged for overseas call or missed call?

kleegwater
kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

AussieSteve
AussieStevebrisbane

Terrible customer service

I complained that I was receiving lots of scam calls and pennytel wouldn't do anything to help me stop them. They wanted to charge me to change my phone number. Pennytel also overcharged me several times and their customer service is terrible.

Richard
RichardSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed!

Unlike the excellent connectivity experience with Telstra prior to switching to Pennytel, the mobile connection is now unreliable anywhere on the property, including in the living room and non-existent in the bedroom and elsewhere. Dropouts are the norm such that I cannot use the mobile without, in frustration, switching to the landline to continue or complete conversations. The phone I am using is a Samsung Galaxy A30 and have no reason to suspect it is the phone causing the problem

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.