Pennytel (page 3 of 7)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Below Average

Had good network coverage to begin with, but after about a month, its dropped to zero bars on my phone at home, which is a real pain. Coverage is better in other places, but terrible at home. I queried this about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. They are very slow replying to simple queries.

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Happy chappy

Network is reliable dropouts are minimal data speed fast enough for me as I am not running a business I hot spot my laptop from my phone that suits me fine

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Ella MPennytelSend a private message

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Review Two.

reliable network, just a little problem with bad connection to staff when making a query, hard to clearly hear. But overall satisfied. No data problems....and don't know WHY I've been charged for overseas call or missed call?

kleegwater
kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Greg
GregRivett 2611, ACT

Good no fuss service delivery and billing.

Geographic coverage has been good and reliable. Billing has been painless and service quality perfect. Very happy with my move to Pennytel and look forward to continued high service levels.

Mark
MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Bob Bishop
Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Eddy
Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Poor reception

I changed from Vodafone hoping to get better coverage on the Telstra network. I live only 150 metres from a tower and reception is poor, like about 2 bars.(I got 5 on Vodafone) All around Perth reception is poor. Be changing out in under a month. Was a waste of time.

Bac L.
Bac L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent when the service Activation successfully

Activation with Port-in from Optus network is terrible, it takes too long and fail sometime. I have to web chat to get the service going. It sometime partially activated (i.e. Can receive calls but can't make going call). Please improve the activation process with port-in from Optus network.

Joyce
Joyce

Be much better if unlimited data was offered

Network coverage is excellent. Have only occassionally experienced call drop out, but prior to signing up with Pennytel had contant call drop out with the other provider. So am happy.
Data download speed is pretty quick

Peggy B
Peggy BNorth-East, TAS

Not bad at all

It is good most of the time. Sometimes phone won't let me answer a call but that could be phone not Pennytel's fault. I get as good a go as if with Telstra but less than half the price.

LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Service is working well

So far I have found Pennytel's service to be as satisfactory as my previous telco. I have not had any major problems with few dropouts and the data download speed appears to be fine.

Rod L.
Rod L.Sydney, NSW

great service

good coverage and no dropouts and no problems with the service at a very good price for both of our phones with plenty of data and great customer service and mothley statments

Ella MPennytelSend a private message

Quite good Except can’t receive verification codes

Phone and data, customer services are good. Just don’t know why can’t receive verification codes from Google, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Can this be fixed? This is no good and troublesome being not be able to receive those codes. Otherwise, everything ok.

pete
peteMurray Mallee, SA

this is so good lots better

oh this is lots better than my last provider with the same coverage but for a lot better price. have not
experinced any dropouts. have not had any dramas with the contract

Raj Chandra
Raj ChandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Satisfied customer

Network is reliable and we had no issues to report so far . Download speed is good and we have not had any dropouts so far although we hardly traveled from home because of the coronavirus restrictions

Gwyn
GwynCentral West, NSW

VALUE FOR MONEY

So far every bit as good as our previous supplier at a fraction of the cost which to my wife and I is an important consideration as we are on the Aged Pension.
I have noticed no difference in the download speed.
Generally a very satisfied customer.

Fantastic Service

I needed help within new connection, the Customer Help Dept. were very helpful an made the transition very easy to understand and implement.
Well done your help was very much appreciated.