Pennytel (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Peter
PeterCanberra

Good value

Coverage seems ok for our area. We are a long way from any tower. Download speeds are quite good and I appreciated the extra data included in my basic package.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

wonderful service

no problems so far its been bloody terrific.i dont use data much at all so cant really comment on data use but the coverage has been great well done pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Bill M.
Bill M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Economical and reliable

Good price, coverage seems ok, reasonable service coverage compared to others. We are on a seniors card special plan and it suits our circumstances. We also travel a fair bit and havnt encountered any significant problems with Pennytel

Larry
LarrySydney, NSW

Scam promo offer

Did not get free month as advertised in the Valentine’s Day promo. Feeling ripped off as we signed up within the designated promo time frame. We feel this a scam

Michael Ryan
Michael Ryan

Good Service

Very happy with service overall. Very good phone cover . Good internet speed. Affordable , reliable. Really like the service if any need to contact one gets to speak to a real person.

All good so far.

Coverage OK, but I haven't yet tested it in my frequent regional visits. I am recommending to all my mates when they complain about their bills. I have no complaints.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

MY TIME WITH PENNYTEL

Service is Great. About a week ago my phone had no service, time and date was wrong but it returned to normal sometime later. I recommend your service to anyone.

Good provider

Network coverage is good because it uses Telstra towers. That means it works in the outback by and large.
It is real value for money and support staff are responsive, easy to contact and pleasant to interact with. Our bills have dropped from roughly $250 per month to just $60.

Yuri
YuriIsabella Plains 2905, ACT

Right plan, right price

Moved to Pennytel after Telstra "helpfully" decided to scrap our plan and replace it with a more expensive one that gave us increased data download that we would never come close to using. We're now paying 50% of what we used to for a plan that meets our needs. They mostly use Telstra infrastructure, so our coverage is pretty much the same.

Local Reception
Florence HaranSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the replacement sim !!!!!

My network is not working so therefore I can not really comment until I get the replacemnt sim card.
Paolo who helped me organise he new sim was great and went up and beyond to help but if this is how long it takes to get a replacement then I don't know if I will still be a customer.

Great value

So far so good. After a few months with Pennytel in Tasmania I'm very happy with the network, and download speeds. But I don't use much data, and being in an urban area, I haven't checked out any more remote places yet.

Local Reception

Kevin
KevinNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Very easy to switch to without hassles

We have transferred 2 phones to Pennytel and have not had any issues. Their website is very easy to use, the Pennytel app is so user friendly even a novice should be able to use it.
I have only 1 negative, and that is when one receives their new SIM card there is no information as to what the default SIM pin code is...I believe that this should be on the paperwork or emailed to the customer.

Fitnesspm
FitnesspmMount Waverley

They keep taking my money out

I wanted a new number so I ordered a new sim card a couple of months ago and cancelled the old number. They keep billing me for the old one where I have called up many times to have it terminated where they said it has been but guess what came up on my bank statement today??? I have cancelled my new number with Pennytel today where they refuse to give me my $24.99 back for my old one even tho it was cancelled months ago. I have called my bank and lodged a dispute and put a block on any more attempts from Pennytel to steal my money.

Allen Cullen

The service is providing everything I desire from it.

I use your service to send images from a trail camera on our land to our mobile phones. The images come in quickly with good quality and allow us to use any animals that are returning after the bushfires.

Allen Cullen

It is okay, I appreciate an efficient service.

Jennifer
Jennifer

great so far

Very good reception were we live but going out to the farm which is 92km from our home, not always that good but neither is Telstra used by our family out there

longbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not get back to you despite numerous promises to do so

I have for some months asked about money which was taken out of my credit card which I did not authorize. After ending emails and phone calls, no one has been able to answer my question or got back to me. This is very poor service. Very disappointing that staff do not keep their word to get back to you. My phone often drops out during phone calls as well.

Account number734774

pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Pennytel provides 4G access for my smart phone

I have had no issue with coverage, all phone calls have been OK
The data download speed is fine for how and what I use the phone for, i.e. make data calls iPhone to iPhone, looking up webpages / urls and using the iPhone as a data connection hot spot for my work when working on sites with no physical internet connection available for my Laptop. Same as Telstra 4G service

TO'B
TO'BHunter Region, NSW

Could do a little better

My wife wants to enter the Channel 7 Sunrise Cash Cow competition, however, I have been advised that the Cash Cow Entry SMS number (19777077) is deemed to be a premium service. Any chance of a change to allow her entry into the competition?

Tony Deavin
Tony DeavinSydney, NSW

Disappointed with internet poor reception on the phone at Burraneer Bay Rd Caringbah South

Very poor internet and cannot rely on this. If you need internet from phone I would not recommend. Phone was working OK at Cronulla but now at Caringbah south coverage is poor and we have to stand outside otherwise we have drop outs and calls go directly to messages and is not working for us at the moment.

Geoff
GeoffPerth, WA

So far so good.

Have had no problems with phone calls, and internet on the phone has been the same. I don't use the internet on the phone much, but when I have had problems it has probably been the Samsdung mob, or Goofle interfering, or maybe some Russians. Who can tell these days. Pennytel seems like a simple, effective service.

Satisfied
SatisfiedHunter Region, NSW

It’s ok!

No problem with network coverage so far. No drop-outs but I have had delays in delivery of messages. I don’t often download data so can’t evaluate it. Response to enquiries was very quick and helpful.

A B
A BSydney, NSW

Good deal for seniors who need an affordable pre-paid plan for their mobile use.

Network reliability is OK. I haven't experienced dropout so far.
I can't comment on data download as I only use it when I participated survey which is not a regular activity.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a very good service with a tendency to become better.

I am retired. For the purpose of occasional use with family, as a security backup with banks and eventual emergency calls works perfectly. Not nagging and not trying aggressively to sell new telephone subscription products is particularly valued.

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers