Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

jessicabull
jessicabullGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service…would be better with data roll over

Reliable network coverage, no drop outs. I made the change from Aldi which once use to be a great option until the constant drop outs.
My only downfall is with Pennytel is that the unused data isn’t rolled over. This is something that an Aldi plan has as an advantage over Pennytel.

Peter
PeterSouthern and Hills, SA

You asked for it.

Its ok so far for me on Kangaroo Island. I dont use my smart phone very much for calls, only sometimes txts. I use it for Skype when its turned on and I am away from my PC at home. I doubt very much that I am using so many MB at all per month, but it would be nice for you to let me, and your other customers know how many MB we use monthly. I'm 79 yrs young, quite deaf, and hate voice mails, so I delete them when they appear on my phone. I would like them stopped to enter my phone if possible. Thank you.

good service

overall good service with a good price , meets my needs. Occasional loss of signal, or slow response when checking in, other people go in front and they have faster check in .

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Garry S.
Garry S.Illawarra, NSW

Best I've had to date.

Look everything is as promised, what more can you ask for? I never used my mobile very much only turned it on when I needed to make a call. Now I use my email, log in for Covid etc.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00

Good for the farm

So far network has been 100% reliable with no dropouts that I have been aware of. Download speeds meet my expectations. Just as good as telstra, even in remote hilly location on the farm

EDDIE
EDDIEEyre Peninsula, SA

Seems ok at the moment.

Network coverage seems ok at the moment, haven't been out of town yet to try further afield.
Will be going to Adelaide this weekend.
Data download speeds seem to be ok at the moment.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
sternbeck
sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

very good service from personel cant fault them at all

Yes the phone does drop out often mainly in morning to arvo but good nite time ,,, if I sit on my front verahanda facing east it doesnt fade out as much

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Marty
Marty

Wonderful service I’m very happy

Very Happy with the service I’m getting & the data allowance & speed is so much better than I previously had with Vodaphone which was always dropping out & very poor service in my area.

Plan Cost per Month$9.98
Included Data per Month2 GB
Ruth S.
Ruth S.Central West, NSW

Price and service are great. Coverage is very widespread, no dropouts and great download speeds. Have recommended to many of my friends. Very happy all round. How do you do it for the price??

Peter
PeterCanberra

Good value

Coverage seems ok for our area. We are a long way from any tower. Download speeds are quite good and I appreciated the extra data included in my basic package.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected

Plan Cost per Month$15.99

hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

Plan Cost per Month$10.99

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month2 GB
Ella MPennytelSend a private message

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Plan Cost per Month$7.69
Ella MPennytelSend a private message

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers