Pennytel (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Not as good as Optus

I have experienced a lot of drop outs. The coverage outback is not what I expected.
Downloads are somewhat slower than my previous supplier and drop outs are frequent changing to 3G all the time.

Bill M.
Bill M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Economical and reliable

Good price, coverage seems ok, reasonable service coverage compared to others. We are on a seniors card special plan and it suits our circumstances. We also travel a fair bit and havnt encountered any significant problems with Pennytel

Michael Ryan
Michael Ryan

Good Service

Very happy with service overall. Very good phone cover . Good internet speed. Affordable , reliable. Really like the service if any need to contact one gets to speak to a real person.

All good so far.

Coverage OK, but I haven't yet tested it in my frequent regional visits. I am recommending to all my mates when they complain about their bills. I have no complaints.

MY TIME WITH PENNYTEL

Service is Great. About a week ago my phone had no service, time and date was wrong but it returned to normal sometime later. I recommend your service to anyone.

Good provider

Network coverage is good because it uses Telstra towers. That means it works in the outback by and large.
It is real value for money and support staff are responsive, easy to contact and pleasant to interact with. Our bills have dropped from roughly $250 per month to just $60.

Yuri
YuriIsabella Plains 2905, ACT

Right plan, right price

Moved to Pennytel after Telstra "helpfully" decided to scrap our plan and replace it with a more expensive one that gave us increased data download that we would never come close to using. We're now paying 50% of what we used to for a plan that meets our needs. They mostly use Telstra infrastructure, so our coverage is pretty much the same.

Local Reception

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Great value

So far so good. After a few months with Pennytel in Tasmania I'm very happy with the network, and download speeds. But I don't use much data, and being in an urban area, I haven't checked out any more remote places yet.

Local Reception
Kevin
KevinNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Very easy to switch to without hassles

We have transferred 2 phones to Pennytel and have not had any issues. Their website is very easy to use, the Pennytel app is so user friendly even a novice should be able to use it.
I have only 1 negative, and that is when one receives their new SIM card there is no information as to what the default SIM pin code is...I believe that this should be on the paperwork or emailed to the customer.

Allen Cullen

The service is providing everything I desire from it.

I use your service to send images from a trail camera on our land to our mobile phones. The images come in quickly with good quality and allow us to use any animals that are returning after the bushfires.

Allen Cullen

It is okay, I appreciate an efficient service.

Jennifer
Jennifer

great so far

Very good reception were we live but going out to the farm which is 92km from our home, not always that good but neither is Telstra used by our family out there

pete b.
pete b.Sydney, NSW

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys

the prices are unbeatable but expect poor service and to be lied to. for the price i put up with them. their mobile signal is as good as telstra but better than vodaphone

Pennytel provides 4G access for my smart phone

I have had no issue with coverage, all phone calls have been OK
The data download speed is fine for how and what I use the phone for, i.e. make data calls iPhone to iPhone, looking up webpages / urls and using the iPhone as a data connection hot spot for my work when working on sites with no physical internet connection available for my Laptop. Same as Telstra 4G service

TO'B
TO'BHunter Region, NSW

Could do a little better

My wife wants to enter the Channel 7 Sunrise Cash Cow competition, however, I have been advised that the Cash Cow Entry SMS number (19777077) is deemed to be a premium service. Any chance of a change to allow her entry into the competition?

Geoff
GeoffPerth, WA

So far so good.

Have had no problems with phone calls, and internet on the phone has been the same. I don't use the internet on the phone much, but when I have had problems it has probably been the Samsdung mob, or Goofle interfering, or maybe some Russians. Who can tell these days. Pennytel seems like a simple, effective service.

Satisfied
SatisfiedHunter Region, NSW

It’s ok!

No problem with network coverage so far. No drop-outs but I have had delays in delivery of messages. I don’t often download data so can’t evaluate it. Response to enquiries was very quick and helpful.

A B
A BSydney, NSW

Good deal for seniors who need an affordable pre-paid plan for their mobile use.

Network reliability is OK. I haven't experienced dropout so far.
I can't comment on data download as I only use it when I participated survey which is not a regular activity.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a very good service with a tendency to become better.

I am retired. For the purpose of occasional use with family, as a security backup with banks and eventual emergency calls works perfectly. Not nagging and not trying aggressively to sell new telephone subscription products is particularly valued.

sam
samGippsland, VIC

probably the wrong time for a review

As we are experiencing long periods of no service because of Telstra's upgrades and have been for at least two weeks we cannot give a positve review. We have no problems with pennytel and are happy with you but maybe a review request would be better when the Telstra upgrades are finally finished

Syd Miller

Happy with Pennytel

This has been as good if not better than the major providers. Very good value for money. The data speeds have been good and very few drop outs where we live

Burradoo consumer.
Burradoo consumer.Illawarra, NSW

Southern highlands experience

We are new to this area & have found both Telstra & Optus coverage is weak with frequent dropouts. Happy with Pennytel service but would request the reporting of suboptimal mobile coverage in the Bowral region.

Peteratne
PeteratneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing to complain about

No complaints re Pennytel service but nothing to exceptional either that would prompt me to give 5 stars. The service has been provided as I signed up for with accurate and easy billing and payments.

I reside in an area of problematic mobile reception so service issues are not of Pennytel's making. And with Covid not much travel so cannot really comment on coverage outside of local area.

Good coverage but overcharged

Firstly, I have been very happy with the reliability and coverage on the Telstra network that I've received using my Pennytel SIM card.

There has been a problem, however. When I signed up in June 2020, there was a promotion offering 15% off for the first six months. The 15% discount was correctly applied for the first two months, but I've since been charged full price. I complained to Pennytel and was told they would look into this, but that was several weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My follow-up email has not been answered. So, check your bill!

Matthew
Matthew

Review of Pennytel phone

My network is very reliable; if I am in a remote place - away from centres of population - have I had a lack of
network coverage, but that is rare. Data speeds are fast enough for me.

BernieGesling
BernieGeslingSydney, NSW

Generally good experience

Enjoyed the PennyTel cheapest service but did not receive enough data for my use in a month.
Made a choice to use another service provider with a higher data download for less money.
Happy PennyTel user, now disconnected