Pennytel (page 3 of 10)

Listing monitored by Pennytel

Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW

Cost is affordable for pensioner.

Do have calls dropout and noises on line. Service should be better. Considering it is 2020 the strength of signal should be 100% calls should not cut off at anytime.

Ella MPennytel

Happy with the service so far

We are not big users of the phone and we have it as a second phone to keep in touch with each other and for safety reasons when out and about.Service and availability hasn’t been any problem.l like the fact that we are contacted to inform us you have received our payment.

bennie bird
bennie bird

very efficient

I do not use the telephone a great deal so my extended experience is limited. However, for
the occasions when I have been obliged to use a telephone this has been totally unaffected
by dropouts etc.

Kriss
Kriss

Very good data and reception

Mostly better than the optus network. Data speen was a bit patchy in the Bulli area. Excellent A1 in Shoalhaven Heads. Network coverage is diferent to Optus but as acceptable.

hubert1948
hubert1948Mid North Coast, NSW

Not to bad

Some dropouts and not able to connect.Have bad reception at home sometimes 1or 2 bars Telstra mobile have more how can you improve my service l hope you will respond to my post

ShanePerth, WA

It is ok for the price. I need certain things you do not provide.

Unfortunately I use mms a lot for work. So it was going to cost me too much. I also work on a farm when I am home and need wifi phone and my SD card for storage. Pennytel was not the right option for one of my phones

Shane

Thank you.. We have kept one phone number with you

Easy top up

I travelled over the last month within the state and service remained constant. I needed extra data and it was very easy to buy more from the app and received an email for verification.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Happy chappy

Network is reliable dropouts are minimal data speed fast enough for me as I am not running a business I hot spot my laptop from my phone that suits me fine

Ella MPennytel

It's okay, Gympie area unreliable connection

I don't use my phone that often, and generally in the South-East QLD area the connection seems fine, but when I visit Gympie area, the connection is unreliable. That worries me, because the more remote you are, the more a phone becomes a lifeline. (Oh wow, they make you jump through so many hoops to post a review here.)

Ella MPennytel

Welcome to Pennytel and thank you for leaving us a review.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Review Two.

reliable network, just a little problem with bad connection to staff when making a query, hard to clearly hear. But overall satisfied. No data problems....and don't know WHY I've been charged for overseas call or missed call?

kleegwater
kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Greg
GregRivett 2611, ACT

Good no fuss service delivery and billing.

Geographic coverage has been good and reliable. Billing has been painless and service quality perfect. Very happy with my move to Pennytel and look forward to continued high service levels.

Mark
MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Bob Bishop
Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Eddy
Eddy

Happy and good sevice

The network coverage is good and the customer service helpfully and happy to give information as required.Waiting time is ok and the staff have all the answers that are askef

Felicity
FelicitySydney, NSW

No problems incurred

No drop outs and coverage so far has been great however haven’t been out of my area.
No problems with downloading but I don’t do much downloading.
Calls using What’s App not great

Bac L.
Bac L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent when the service Activation successfully

Activation with Port-in from Optus network is terrible, it takes too long and fail sometime. I have to web chat to get the service going. It sometime partially activated (i.e. Can receive calls but can't make going call). Please improve the activation process with port-in from Optus network.

Joyce
Joyce

Be much better if unlimited data was offered

Network coverage is excellent. Have only occassionally experienced call drop out, but prior to signing up with Pennytel had contant call drop out with the other provider. So am happy.
Data download speed is pretty quick

Peggy B
Peggy BNorth-East, TAS

Not bad at all

It is good most of the time. Sometimes phone won't let me answer a call but that could be phone not Pennytel's fault. I get as good a go as if with Telstra but less than half the price.

LynneS
LynneSMid North Coast, NSW

JUST THE SAME

Mid North Coast NSW Pacific H'way blackspots, absolutely no reception. Bad reception at my home in Lakewood NSW. Part of Telstra so no surprise really. I was hopeful. BUT so much cheaper for the same deal as Telstra with same coverage or Optus with almost non-existent coverage at my home

Neil
NeilVictoria

Your administration is duplicating work

please do NOT send email invoices when auto payments have been activated and payments withdrawn
Otherwise OK. really dont need more than 16 words to pass this message on. SERVICE GOOD

Service is working well

So far I have found Pennytel's service to be as satisfactory as my previous telco. I have not had any major problems with few dropouts and the data download speed appears to be fine.

Rod L.
Rod L.Sydney, NSW

great service

good coverage and no dropouts and no problems with the service at a very good price for both of our phones with plenty of data and great customer service and mothley statments

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers