Listing monitored by Pennytel

Pros

Easy to switch over
Reliable connection
Great value for money

Mark
MarkVictoria

Dam Good

Living in rural area Penneytel has filled the coverage gaps that i was starting to get by my previous provider. No problems going overseas either costs are good rang the service number before going to see how it works and found them to be very helpful and polite.
I have now swapped my wife's phone over hope the coverage continues.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you so much for the positive review, Mark! We love hearing from our customers – especially when our
services are able to make a positive difference to them.

GeoffSouthern and Hills, SA

Great staff and excellent service.

I have no issues with coverage on our mobile phones or internet connections, using the Telsta network is an advantage. Data download speed is the same as my previous Telco.

Geoff

In fairness, I believe that the $79 per month should indicate that it is for two mobiles and internet.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Geoff!

Heather
HeatherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect

Very happy with service and price and when I I ring the customer service team they are very polite and friendly and they understand what you want. Be happy to recommend them

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Heather!

- The Pennytel Team

Maz
Maz

Reliable

Great signal and service, excellent company to deal with. Set up was very easy. Everything worked straight away. The deal is inexpensive and suits my purpose. I really can’t find fault with anything.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

We’re thrilled to hear you are enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan! Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

- Pennytel Team

Kevin
KevinDrysdale

Was a perfect changeover. Excellent.

Changeover to Pennytel was swift and efficient on the transition day. My wife was worried about losing her existing phone number in the changeover. We find that Telstra Network has the best most reliable network coverage.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience!

LDale
LDale

Good service, pleased with the price

Good access so far on my travels down south of WA. The test will come when I go into some of the Midwest towns. Works OK at home. Pleased with the price of their service.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience!
- The Pennytel Team

Perfect for me

I was using pay as you go but was always running out at inconvenient times. Now with Pennytel I have no concerns about emergencies or just general use. It's great.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Good Solid Account

I only needed a simple account and this has worked just great for me. No issues and just keeps on working The price is right and that makes 30 words

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for the positive review, Paul!

Paul
Paul

No dropouts
No noticeable speed difference to big provider.
Easy process to order sim and change to this provider.
Easy to use app to check data usage and excellent value for me.
Very pleased.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for your review. We value your feedback and are thrilled you’re enjoying your Pennytel Mobile Plan!

Hassle free service

We installed Pennytel mobile phone plus NBN in January. Todate we have had no issues with either service. Contact with Pennytel has been pleasant and they use best endeavour to resolve any issues. If lines are busy leave your contact details, they actually return your call.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Stuart!
Kind regards,

Russ
RussGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent trouble free phone usage

Phone usage is 100% reliable, never drops out.
Billing is always correct and reliable, always arrives on time.
I pay my monthly bill as soon as it comes and it's nice to always get a thank you reply email
When adding an extra phone to my account - it's good to talk direct to persons who actually know their job and arrange things without fuss

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you so much for your kind words, Russ. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Nick B.Sydney, NSW

No customer service

Tried to contact customer service twice and you never hear back. Plan went dead mid month and was unable to get any response. Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Good Service

Always had good service from pennytel and the price is right and it fits my pocket. I have always had good reception when ringing them to arrange matters regarding my account

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Eddie S.
Eddie S.Hunter Region, NSW

Great people to deal with.

Very reliable network coverage. No dropouts at all. Download speed is sufficiently fast. Everything works great. Data rollover would be desirable. Easy to talk to the company on the phone.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for sharing your experience, Eddie!

Lindy
LindyIllawarra, NSW

Service

Very helpful, friendly and quick and easy service. Answered all questions and Price wasn't that bad. No complaints of the mobile and data service. Now offers the NBN which I'll probably connect in a few years.

Hi Lindy,
Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Customer Service Team.

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

nothingwmnasked

Hi, Belong is forcing its current 1GB plan customers onto the more expensive 3GB plan in April, so I am thinking of switching to Pennytel. In your CIS I have seen "PAYG rates apply for MMS Video In Australia to AU mobiles"—does this mean I won't be able to text animated gifs or videos without extra charges? Also, it is unclear what happens if I go over my monthly data limit, do you automatically apply a top up and charge me for it? Cheers

nothingwmn

Thanks Pennytel for the reply! Just one last query—if I go over and choose not to top my data up, am I just capped at a very slow rate, or do I simply not have service after that point?
Cheers

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers