best value ever

We travel frequently to Queensland and to south west NSW via both city and country towns .Before changing to pennytel we checked their coverage area even in the remote towns we were still able to get mobile reception. When down loading date the speeds are good enough for videos etc.

Robyn L.

Robyn L.

Great coverage and great people to deal with

Network coverage has been great and reliable with no drop outs and good data speed. I greatly appreciate the friendly courteous assistance given when changing from former provider and have no hesitation recommending Pennytel to friends and family.

John Curtis

John CurtisMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great Pennytel

The coverage is the same as Telstra. I have had some dropouts only when Telstra were fixing the lines in our town.
I don’t know about download speed as I haven’t use downloads as yet. I only use my phone to ring people

John H

John HSydney, NSW

Update on my Pennytel.

I used Telstra before and found apart from your much cheaper prices the service was just as good as Telstra. I have found the area covered has been excellent and have not experienced any drop outs

Alegend

AlegendGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

All promises have been fulfilled - have had no problems with coverage. As I am a small data user most months an added advantage would be the facility to carry over some portion of unused data.

Great for mature lady

Found the network coverage very good , on a recent trip in the country of NSW , so far have had no problems at all , thank you , and keep up the good work

Penny D.

Penny D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy

Dealing with Pennytel is so easy. You speak to people who are able to immediately answer your query and solve your problem. Great service by friendly staff. I highly recommend them.

detglass

detglassSydney, NSW

Easy Pennytel.

A seamless tansfer from my old provider , coverage is very good , speed is also good. Pricing is excellent & process for signing up was very easy. Simply everything works as it should at the right price.

Local Reception
TANYA

TANYALaunceston, TAS

Off to a great start

As a new customer, I have found pennytel to be a great service provider at a fantastic price.
I needed a phone plan for my daughter so I can contact her as she commutes to and from school, as well as after school commitments.

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Cheap reliable service that meets my needs

As I only use my mobile phone for voice calls and texts with almost no data usage, a Pennytel plan suited my needs exactly at only a fraction of the cost of my previous provider . Setting up the account and transferring my number was easy and efficient. Coverage is reliable in a regional city but I have not tested it in remote areas.

bilfar

bilfarDONNYBROOK

Great service.

Very reliable. No dropouts. Download speeds are fine. Sorry but I find it too hard to put thirty words into a review that can be done with just a few that covers everything wanted.

Richard

RichardSouth-East, TAS

Very glad I changed to Pennytel

I’m paying half the price of my previous provider and the coverage and download speeds are much the same. Everything involved in switching over is easy, so go for it.

Ewen

EwenSouth East Queensland, QLD

So Much Simpler!

The Pennytel system ensures that I don't have to worry about pre paid credit running out. Less stress all round. Have not had any connection problems. Download speeds are fine.

Girl

GirlPerth, WA

Best ever

I haven't had any problems with the network coverage. No data issues and the best price. Great service, i wish i connected years ago. It would have saved me heaps.

Success with Pennytel

Success with PennytelMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Reception has been excellent everywhere we have been All uses of my mobile related to the provider’s service have be of the very best.
Very happy with our choice to go with Pennytel.

Christine L.

Christine L.Sydney, NSW

Fabulous mobile phone coverage.

Great network coverage same as our previous provider.
Easy to apply with Pennytel no hidden costs involved.
Very happy with the service plus it is much cheaper and provides more
data, wish I had switched much earlier.

Lorr.

Lorr.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect plan and service for us.

My husband and I are very happy with Pennytel, the network coverage and data download speeds are excellent, the price is great and the politeness and help whenever we call is very much appreciated.

Very good

No dropouts etc, every thing is a ok. Would recommend to others particularly for the value. I don’t have anything to add, but have to (why?) have a least 30 words.

Christine Bishop

Christine BishopNorth-East, TAS

Great service. No problems

I have no complaints with the coverage and no dropouts that I have experienced.
Download speeds are fast enough for what I need. I have 2 mobiles on my account and have not had a problem with either.

Ray

RayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very good service and support and importantly excellent value

I have been a customer for over 12 months. I live in Castlemaine area however I have traveled around Victoria( Gippsland Lakes, Koroit, Mildura , Mount Hotham , Beechworth, Melbourne) as well as Broken Hill, Adelaide , Brisbane ,Sunshine Coast .along with many interstate calls to family and friends. At no time have I experienced lack of network availability or any drop out of service. Moreover while I use little or no data offered in my Pennytel package the cost of the service is markedly less than I previously paid to Telstra.

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Chris H

Chris Hasked

I live in Cairns would it work up in the north or only for big cities. ?

Hi Chris,

Apologies on the delayed response.

We use parts of the Telstra 3G/4G network so we most definitely work in Rural areas.

Cheers,
Brendon

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers