Pennytel

Very affordable no nonsense service

Don’t use much mobile data but can order more if needed. The data and reception is very reliable and the speeds are competitive with any other provider. I never experience drop outs or black spots works inside the shopping mall.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month6 GB
jp88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Forget them, move on to another Telco

Don't expect any service whatsoever. The don't reply to emails, or "contact us' forms in their website. And these days thier deals are not outsanding. As well as that, they throttle the connection.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
jp88

No worries, ported out already.

Akok
AkokCentral West, NSW

Can't live without it

Absolutely love it no problems with coverage or internet recommend it to everyone and the price you can't go wrong for downloading it's very fast games play smoothly no drop outs

Plan Cost per Month$33.00
Included Data per Month30 GB

Alegend
AlegendGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

All promises have been fulfilled - have had no problems with coverage. As I am a small data user most months an added advantage would be the facility to carry over some portion of unused data.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00

Dreadful Customer Service

Network has been down for 5 days and despite multiple calls and emails there has been no resolution. Not our handsets as they work at the next town. Why can’t Pennytel do some decent troubleshooting with Telstra to fix the issue? There appears to be no tech savvy staff on the help line. Stressful when trying to stay in touch with family in hospital.! Service has been faultless for 18 months, but 5 days off air is unacceptable, now transitioning to another provider.

Paul
Paul

0417851232 and 0402552618

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this. I will look into this today for you.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
TANYA
TANYALaunceston, TAS

Off to a great start

As a new customer, I have found pennytel to be a great service provider at a fantastic price.
I needed a phone plan for my daughter so I can contact her as she commutes to and from school, as well as after school commitments.

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
Ewen
EwenSouth East Queensland, QLD

So Much Simpler!

The Pennytel system ensures that I don't have to worry about pre paid credit running out. Less stress all round. Have not had any connection problems. Download speeds are fine.

Plan Cost per Month$10.99
Girl
GirlPerth, WA

Best ever

I haven't had any problems with the network coverage. No data issues and the best price. Great service, i wish i connected years ago. It would have saved me heaps.

Plan Cost per Month$12.00

Transferring to Pennytel

I would like to switch my Telstra phone over to Pennytel keeping my Telstra number I have read that this can take a couple of weeks I would not have mobile phone coverage for that time. Is there a solution please? I also would like to setup my wifes Telstra phone with Pennytel
regards
Keith Winkler

Plan Cost per Month$11.00
KEITH
KEITH

Thanks Brendon I already have a Pennytel # I am talking about porting my currect Telstra # to Pennytel
Regards
Keith Winkler

Jon
JonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Actual Service

Speed could be faster for streaming, but is generally adequate. Coverage is spotty in Little River. Do have dropouts generally a couple of times a day but not serious if not in a hurry.

Plan Cost per Month$17.00
Included Data per Month30 GB
Terry Amos
Terry AmosPerth, WA

Best mobile service

We haven't experienced any network issues at all. The signup process was flawless and as an added bonus I received extra credit for signing up my wife's phone, as did she. Love it!!

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Shaun
ShaunMid North Coast, NSW

So much better than my old provider

I can't fault pennytels service my family and friends are all hooked up and we are all happy with the service and tech support plus the bonus credits for referring other people

Cheryl
CherylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fine value for money

No drop outs. Reception in my area is low but works fine for my needs. All fine and easy direct debit. Data download is ok used mostly for QR codes for entries.

Plan Cost per Month$10.40
Rod
RodSydney, NSW

Very good phone service and customer service

Network coverage has been great so far. Naturally I haven't travelled much but so far so good.
I've not had any dropouts.
Download speed has been very good.
Customer service has been better than expected.

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nope.

I changed provider because I struggled with Optus signal ... ..now signal is worse!! And just to add insult to injury after submitting a query regarding this I am now left with out a phone service god knows why!
My payment details are recorded on my account. ...yet they have not used it..instead barred me. I can't even call to fix it!
I'm a single mum, have a chronic illness I'm and injured. I cannot be without a phone!
When I get time I will be changing providers.

Plan Cost per Month$15.99

I CAN'T CALL!!
That is my problem!
Account number is 743134

Roger
Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,
Brendon

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Kind Regards
Joseph Lobo

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Brendon

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers